PDA

View Full Version : Dri Ducks

Hooch
02-11-2008, 20:58
Does anyone have any experience with Dri Ducks rain wear? I know they're inexpensive, but are they worth what I'll pay for them? Do they work well enough to keep you dry for at least a season? Thanx in advance for any intel. :D

FanaticFringer
02-11-2008, 21:08
Get em from here. Cant beat the price and the Khaki is nice.:D
They run large. My mediums fit like a large.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Frogg-toggs-driducks-rain-suit-khaki-gear-dri-ducks_W0QQitemZ330210938486QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1370 07QQcmdZViewItem

Hooch
02-11-2008, 21:10
Get em from here. Cant beat the price and the Khaki is nice.:D
They run large. My mediums fit like a large.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Frogg-toggs-driducks-rain-suit-khaki-gear-dri-ducks_W0QQitemZ330210938486QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1370 07QQcmdZViewItem
Do yours keep you pretty dry? How long have you had them? Are they worth what I'll pay for them, FF?

Belew
02-11-2008, 21:15
I looked at them yesterday on the Frogg Toggs site.I think they are the same a my Toggs but not 100% sure. If so, they are great. Mine lasted for about 4 years but all the duct tape is starting to get out of hand. I think I'll go with the DriDucks next time but I'm gonna go stand in the rain with my new duct tape patch job first.

FanaticFringer
02-11-2008, 21:43
Do yours keep you pretty dry? How long have you had them? Are they worth what I'll pay for them, FF?

They have kept me dry once but I try to avoid camping/hiking in the rain.
They are also real nice in the morning or after you stop hiking in the evening. Over your thermals they add that extra bit off warmth you need.

hammock engineer
02-11-2008, 21:54
I remember hearing somewhere that they are the same material as frogg toggs, just with one less layer. You might want to check this out. I decided long ago that I am too hard and use my rain jacket too much to use these.

hnryclay
02-11-2008, 22:24
Have them use them like them.

That said they are not equal to a nice shell type water jacket. However they do work and are cheap and you will get wet anyway, from sweat or water eventually.

Dogwood
02-12-2008, 00:39
Dri ducks are fully waterproof and are inexpensive. However they are not very durable. Their low wt. and price is partly achieved by being a no-frills type rain jacket. They have no hand pockets or direct mechanical ways(back vents, pit zips, etc.) of venting interior moisture other than a full length chest zip. Keep these factors in mind if u get them.