PDA

View Full Version : Big Agnes Pumphouse

Summit
02-11-2008, 21:13
I just got this in the mail from BaseGear (along with a Marmot Precip jacket for $64.95 - retails at $99). I tested it and it works quite well in pumping up my Big Agnes Dual Core air mattress.

REI has a big sale going on right now. I had bought the BA Insulated Air Core mattress before Christmas, paying $65 for it. Well, they had the Dual Core air mattress (retails at $99) for $39, so since I had never used the other one, I upgraded and they gave me over $30 back! Can't beat that.

So, on to the BA Pumphouse . . . I didn't like getting light headed or even a slight headache from blowing this baby up, so I ordered the "Pumphouse." It works very well, once you get the hang of it. It triples as a dry (stuff) sack and when stuffed with my jacket liner and fleece jacket, makes an awesome pillow. What a deal!!! :)

Summit
02-11-2008, 21:15
Almost forgot . . . actually I did forget . . . only 1.5 oz.

Summit
02-12-2008, 00:30
Here's the link in case anyone is interested: http://www.basegear.com/big-agnes-pumphouse.html

Only $1 off retail (NPR) but it is so new I couldn't find it anywhere for less (paid no shipping and no taxes).

chicote
02-13-2008, 23:44
Yeah the Pumphouse is cool! I contacted BA before my thru last year and they let me buy a sales model version for cheap. It worked great as a pump, pillow, dry sac, water jug. You name it! Lasted the whole thru too!

whitelightning
02-14-2008, 00:08
this is good to hear. I've considered buying one of these, but hadn't heard from anyone on how well it worked.

Summit
02-14-2008, 07:33
Yeah the Pumphouse is cool! I contacted BA before my thru last year and they let me buy a sales model version for cheap. It worked great as a pump, pillow, dry sac, water jug. You name it! Lasted the whole thru too!Haven't tried filling it with water yet. Does the pump spout not drip? Doesn't matter if it does 'cause carrying water with it is not one of my intended uses. ;)

chicote
02-14-2008, 13:04
Haven't tried filling it with water yet.

I just tied a knot over the end. It barely leaked. Good enough to make a 300 stair trip from the water source back to the shelter and still have plenty for cooking refilling and sharing.

Summit
02-14-2008, 21:58
That's kinda what I figured after looking at how the blow tube closure works. Might use it for toting water in a pinch, but it's purpose as a pump, stuff sack, and pillow will certainly justify the 1.5 ozs. ;)