PDA

View Full Version : Springer Mt Hike

ficade
02-12-2008, 00:31
Only have a few days to hike. Looking for someone to hike up to Springer Mountain (GA) and possibly to Neels Gap. Looking for another car really. One at Amicola and one at Neels. Dates would be Feb 17th, 18th and 19th. However, I am flexible as to where we would leave cars at.

Nearly Normal
02-12-2008, 01:01
If you want to hike it, hike it.
Contact the hiker hostel. They can shuttle you and help you with the car thing.

Tony
02-12-2008, 14:00
I am planning on leaving the coast (SC) on the 15th, crash in my jeep til morning at Amicalola Falls then strap on the pack and head up on the 16th. I have to be back to base on Tuesday (19th). I will probably see you up there. I will be the ugly older guy with a blue bandana on his head. Hit me up if you want to make arrangements. See if they match up.

jesse
02-12-2008, 14:23
The Max Emerson shelter is just a little way from the Amicolola visitor Center. You could crash there if you don't want to sleep in your car.

Tony
02-12-2008, 22:32
I might check out the Shelter when I get there. I just remember the 6+ hour drive from my Brother in Laws place in Atlanta back to Beaufort SC. Not sure after driving in I really want to do anything more than pull out the sleeping bag, the jeep pillow (one I take on long drives for stopovers) and just crash in the back. The idea of doing much else just isn't enticing at this point. The need to turn off all electronics (except maybe my GPS as I have some Travel Bugs I need to get out of my hands and into some Caches) and just feel the trail. Anything is better than the weeks that have past. I am sick of computers, I am tired of work and I am aching to get on the trail, even if it is for just a couple days. It will be worth the trip.:sun

ficade
02-13-2008, 12:34
The Hiker Hostel: contact?

Lone Wolf
02-13-2008, 12:35
www.hikerhostel.com

ficade
02-13-2008, 16:50
Thanks for the info and the help. Thier site must have been down yesterday, becuase I got a 404 NOT Found. It was back up today. Anyway, I did get a shuttle from Neels Gap to Amicalola State Park (or the terminus to the AT) Leaving Monday morning on the 18th if anyone wants to meet me at the Amicalola gateway. Leaving my car at Mountain Crossings. By the way, Hiker Hostel was $60.00 bucks and Tom who shuttles for Mountain Crossings was $50.00 (for those on a budget like me).

Nearly Normal
02-19-2008, 11:01
That price is probably for one hiker.

I think the price goes down if there's more than one but if you call and speak to Josh or Leigh they can give you the facts.

My experience is the Hiker Hostel goes out of there way for the hiking community.