PDA

View Full Version : The blueberry patch

sheepdog
02-12-2008, 12:46
Is there a website or e-mail adress for the Blueberry Patch hostel?

MOWGLI
02-12-2008, 12:52
Is there a website or e-mail adress for the Blueberry Patch hostel?

No. 706-896-4893 evenings.

Tinker
02-12-2008, 13:00
I'd like to add that it's a "don't miss" for hikers who love God, blueberry pancakes, or both.
Gary and Lennie are wonderful Christian people. Say hi for me.

sheepdog
02-12-2008, 13:05
Gary and Lennie are wonderful Christian people. Say hi for me.
Will do.
Thanks MOWGLI

mweinstone
02-13-2008, 09:13
ditto on the jesus cakes. and dont be on the phone or in the bathroom at 830 or 835 am cause its a sin to miss breakfast. do yourself a favor and dont pee on the yard or driveway either. walk out to the outhouse no matter what. its little pees like these that make all the diff to the hostel owners of our trail. pick up some trash and clean out the fridge if you get an extra day here. the food is special and so are the stars from the top rearmost bunk in the middle of the wall. in february the moon sings you to sleep over the donkys pasture. note the donkeys are pets and the same type from the bible that jesus rode. they have a cross or a j of hair i think.this place is a wealth of trail exsperience. its slow and propper and polite and demands respect. if you drink or smoke, no matter how stelthaly,...you will risk this wonderful place for all of us.

bigcranky
02-13-2008, 15:05
matty's making sense again -- and I totally agree with everything he said. in general, try not to screw things up for the hikers who come after you.

mweinstone
02-13-2008, 15:08
i dont grow pot!

sheepdog
02-13-2008, 18:42
I Don't drink, and I don't smoke. I will do my best trying to eat my pancakes with my elbows off the table and my napkin (bandanna?) in my lap.:rolleyes:

The Weasel
02-13-2008, 19:25
It isn't a hostel. It's a mission. You're not supposed to know. Gary is one of the most effective evangelists I know, by saying nothing unless asked.

But if you want a really enjoyable evening, even if you're not very religious - I'm not - ask him about Bible study. It's a delight, and fun.

Good people. The best.

TW

mweinstone
02-13-2008, 20:59
the pancakes lenny makes are so perfectly round. she uses ancient egyiption measuring techniques i think. the lens on the hubble telescope uses them as a template.

Venture
02-13-2008, 21:27
This place is on my list, it just got more interesting! Cant wait!

chicote
02-13-2008, 23:07
I have to agree with all the comments on the Blueberry Patch. What a wonderful stop. Gary and Lenny are truly good people!

mixinmaster
02-13-2008, 23:17
I stayed there in April of last year. One of the most memorable places from GA-VA. Great people.

Two Speed
02-14-2008, 07:10
Gary and Lennie Poteat are a class act and I think the Blueberry Patch is a "don't miss" in Georgia.

mweinstone
02-14-2008, 08:45
ask to see how many blueberries they have just for personal consumption. they grow high bush cranberries and their grrreat! the outhouse is an exsperience. its far off in a wonderful feild and is heated and lit and has a hot shower. its so cool to come out of their in february all washed up. they get the extra milk boxes from the school donated so theirs allways a fridge full of milk. drink a few dozen and donate to the jar. its fat you'll need down the trail. for goodness sake bring a camera. this farm is sweet! i love you bbpatch.