PDA

View Full Version : Trail Journals...

wrongway_08
02-12-2008, 13:18
How do I respond to the post people leave?

I thought when I emailed them back, that would show up under their post on the TJ site.

Do I just go to "edit" and type a response under the comment the wrote?

Thanks

warraghiyagey
02-12-2008, 13:20
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry029.gif

wrongway_08
02-12-2008, 13:35
I hate computers, they just make me want to.....
http://www.33smiley.com/smiley5/sports/1.gif...........

jersey joe
02-12-2008, 13:41
I would usually just post a new message but you may be on to something with editing the post that is already there...as long as you can differentiate your post from theirs.

wrongway_08
02-12-2008, 13:44
I was thinkng maybe bold facing the letters. Just be cool to have the questions and answers together.

jersey joe
02-12-2008, 13:50
bold works.

DAKS
02-12-2008, 13:53
don't forget to attach a cover sheet with yer' TPS report!:D:D:banana

Almost There
02-12-2008, 13:57
When you reply all you are doing is sending an email to them usually. Although you can edit anyone's response, so your idea of doing it in bold or something is probably the best scenario.

Bare Bear
02-12-2008, 20:04
That's what I did. I kept getting people wanting me to 'let them know..." and I did not have their email so I edited to add my reply under theirs.

hammock engineer
02-12-2008, 20:50
I tried to reply to people that posted on mine via email. It's hard after awhile. The easiest way way if they don't give an email to me was to either write in the top of an entry or in the guestbook under a different entry.

Hammock Hanger
02-12-2008, 22:32
You can go straight to the email section in your journal and send a private email to anyone who left you a note with an email attached. I would try and send a note back, but usually just said thank you to them in a blurb in my actual journal. Unlike Stumpknocker and some others I could not handle answering every email. There were too many and I really wanted to relax on my time off or sleep at the end of the day. Heck getting a journal entry out everyday can sometimes getting tiring. It is not that I did not enjoy reading every note of encouragement in the guestbook, sometimes that is what pulled me through a slump, but to answer each and everyone.... couldn't do it.

warraghiyagey
02-13-2008, 05:11
don't forget to attach a cover sheet with yer' TPS report!:D:D:banana
"Oh, and I almost forgot. I'm also gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday. It's just that we lost some people this week and we're sorta trying to play catch. Kk?? Thaa aannks."