PDA

View Full Version : REI Kennesaw is hiring

max patch
02-13-2008, 11:20
Just got an email; REI hiring 50 people for the new store in Kennesaw, GA. (North Atlanta).

Anyone need a job....or the employee discount?

max patch
02-13-2008, 11:24
We are hiring more than 50 employees to fill positions in our new REI Kennesaw store!

REI offers our employees a great environment, flexible schedules, benefits for part- and full-time employees, generous gear discounts and growth opportunities.

Positions include sales, cashier/customer service, shipping and receiving, bike technicians and more.

If you or someone you know would like to join one of FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For", please apply online. (Job # 2669)

Check out our latest gear and clothing at REI.com.

REI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.

EMAN
02-15-2008, 09:20
What does REI pay these days?

Bearpaw
02-15-2008, 10:07
What does REI pay these days?

I honestly don't know what it is nowadays, but it started under $7/hour when I started in 2001. It has always been known from employees as being "less than Walmart". However, this is starting pay. It seems that for full time employees, it goes up pretty quickly.

For part-timers, that's a different story. If minimum wage goes up again, REI would HAVE to increase my current pay.

If REI is your sole income, and you are an hourly employee, you can NOT live on it. But then, this is the case with most hourly wages nowadays, at least in the service industry.

I work there to help folks out and get an occasional discount for clothing. Once in a blue moon, there is a piece of mainstream gear I want, and I can get it dirt cheap straight from the manufacturers. At this point, my paltry wages at least double in value.