PDA

View Full Version : Ridgerunners wanted!

freewheelinmilo
02-14-2008, 15:20
Seeking independent, self-motivated, hard-working backpacking enthusiasts to patrol the AT in Connecticut as a Ridgerunner for the AMC. If you have thru-hiked, you remember the beauty of Sage's Ravine, Bear Mountain, and Mt. Everett. Now is your chance to spend the summer amongst these great landscapes, working to protect them and to promote L.N.T. ethics to users of the A.T. There are four ridgerunners during the summer months who patrol the fifty miles of the AT in CT as well as the first ten miles of MA. The ridgerunner lives on the trail, stays at the shelters and camps, and works a ten-on, four-off schedule. For a complete description and to apply, go to http://bushwhack.outdoors.org/tools/employment-seasonal-jobs.pl?TODO=get_job&jobid=6 Be sure to choose "Berkshire Trails" as your first choice. Ridgerunners report to me, Milo, GAME '99, GA-Damascus '04, JMT '03, CT/MA Ridgerunner '04 & '05. I look forward to some great applications. Thanks a lot.

freewheelinmilo
02-14-2008, 15:23
Ha! I have not logged in to white blaze in some time. In fact, not since I lived at my parents house in suburban Boston, which I aptly characterized for this profile as "armpit." Currently, though, I am lucky enough to reside near the AT in the beautiful Berkshires. Not an armpit.

hobojoe
02-14-2008, 15:26
Ha! I have not logged in to white blaze in some time. In fact, not since I lived at my parents house in suburban Boston, which I aptly characterized for this profile as "armpit." Currently, though, I am lucky enough to reside near the AT in the beautiful Berkshires. Not an armpit.
I grew up in eyebrow, Mass. Maybe next year for the ridge running though. After the thru.

johnnyblisters
06-24-2008, 12:26
This is the best job I have ever had, but sadly we have had two people from our crew leave us early this season. We need experienced backpackers that have a good work ethic and know a fair bit about the trail. So if you are interested in an awesome position, please contact my boss, Matt Moore (Milo), and have a great summer in New England!

DesertMTB
06-24-2008, 13:15
This is the best job I have ever had, but sadly we have had two people from our crew leave us early this season. We need experienced backpackers that have a good work ethic and know a fair bit about the trail. So if you are interested in an awesome position, please contact my boss, Matt Moore (Milo), and have a great summer in New England!

What's the pay?

NorthCountryWoods
06-24-2008, 13:30
Some good memories from Bear Rock Falls and great swimming at guilder pond.