PDA

View Full Version : '08 Montrail Hardrocks anyone?

vaporjourney
02-14-2008, 22:13
Looking at the Montrail website, I see that they've revamped the popular Hardrocks for 2008. Has anyone tried this new version? Apparently the fit has changed, as well as using more breathable materials. My Hardrocks did me really well last year on the AT, but I was planning on using either their Continental Divide's or Inov-8's on the PCT this year to have a more breathable shoe. It'd be interesting to see if they've made a slightly roomier toebox and more breathable material, both of which were low points.

It would be a bummer if they continue to decline in quality since Columbia bought them out. Let's hope thats not the case with this new version of the shoe.

ScottP
02-15-2008, 12:51
There are already 2 threads on whiteblaze about how much hard rocks suck since the buyout.

Mags
02-15-2008, 14:00
Rumor has it that the 2006 models (or earlier) are ideal. Never mind rumor, actually, I've love them.

I have heard horror stories from the 2007 brands. Delaminating, not as rugged, etc.

I also heard that they are supposed to be revamped in 2008 for those reasons.

Fingers crossed.

wilconow
02-15-2008, 14:14
When I wrote Montrail last year to ask if they changed the model in any way, they said they haven't been altered in years. Would be nice if they were honest about it.

yappy
02-15-2008, 14:19
Oh no.. I LOVE those shoes.... I don't get why ther manufactors have to change a great thing. i should have bought a ton... by the way got a pair of golites last year on colorado trail. They SUCKED

vaporjourney
02-15-2008, 19:28
Well maybe this years model has fixed them from the crappiness of years past?

wilconow
02-15-2008, 19:48
Well, it's only like maybe 2 years past of crap. Before then was gold