PDA

View Full Version : UFO,s

snowhoe
02-14-2008, 23:12
Has anyone seen anything weird pertaining to UFO,s on the trail? If so what state and where.

bloodmountainman
02-14-2008, 23:16
All the time! Me and ole' Jake saw about thirty the other night! Flying in formation! The government knows all about 'em, but they won't admit it.

Lone Wolf
02-14-2008, 23:17
Has anyone seen anything weird pertaining to UFO,s on the trail? If so what state and where.

yup. was in a mushroom state on cheoah bald

snowhoe
02-14-2008, 23:18
The reason I ask I am scarrrreeeed to death of them. I think I might have been abducted or either watch to many movies. They are real I have seen them or at least I think I have.

snowhoe
02-14-2008, 23:19
lonewolf now that funny I dont care who you are.

GGS2
02-14-2008, 23:20
Mind if I ask what sort of snow you hoe?

TOW
02-14-2008, 23:20
I've never seen any UFO's while out on the trail, nor have I ever been abducted by aliens that I know of. But one time I was sitting with some hikers around a campfire and I had to pass some wind. So I got up and turned around from the fire and as I began to exit the group I was unable to hold it and as the wind escaped my buttocks it ignited and catapulted me into the woods!

As far as I can remember that was the only time I flew out there and I think someone said they saw a UFO about the time that happened but I decided not to tell them it was me being blowed up by my own bad gas............

Lone Wolf
02-14-2008, 23:21
check your taint for 2 precision incisions. if present, you're *****ed!

bloodmountainman
02-14-2008, 23:22
yup. was in a mushroom state on cheoah bald
Every body knows Cheoah Bald is in the state of North Carolina.

snowhoe
02-14-2008, 23:26
ggs2 I got the name because I love to snowboard and I only go if we get at least 6 new inches of snow Because I am not going to waste my time on 2 or 3 inches I want the deep stuff. So my wife and friends started to call me a snow hoe and the name stuck.

Lone Wolf
02-14-2008, 23:29
ggs2 I got the name because I love to snowboard and I only go if we get at least 6 new inches of snow Because I am not going to waste my time on 2 or 3 inches I want the deep stuff. So my wife and friends started to call me a snow hoe and the name stuck.

want snow? go here http://www.jaypeakresort.com/en/jay_peak/picturesday/?date=2008-02-14

GGS2
02-14-2008, 23:34
... I want the deep stuff. So my wife and friends started to call me a snow hoe and the name stuck.

Makes sense.

snowhoe
02-14-2008, 23:35
lonewolf thats not to bad for the eastcoast. The snow is wet there I have heard. Really really dry here.

Wonder
02-14-2008, 23:37
Aren't the brown mountain lights down here somewhere.......or am I remembering Unsolved Mysteries wrong??

GGS2
02-14-2008, 23:38
want snow? go here http://www.jaypeakresort.com/en/jay_peak/picturesday/?date=2008-02-14

That's just south of where I used to spend my summers. Lake Memphremagog, north of Newport, VT, and not far from the north end of the Long Trail. There's a Quebec trail that goes north from there called the Sentier de l'Estrie. Anybody tried it?

warraghiyagey
02-14-2008, 23:43
Oh my God, this there's so many ways I could go here. But no, must be . . . good.
Ummm. . . when you were younger did your friends call you 'cruiser'?
:)
And yes, I've seen lot's of UFO's in many different states - too many stories to tell now but I'll likely journal them. It certainly is odd to have close encounters with alien spacecraft and beings though, that's for sure.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/alien009.gif

Tinker
02-15-2008, 00:39
Unforgivable Fart Odors?

I've experienced a number of them. Usually in the state of panic!

rafe
02-15-2008, 08:30
lonewolf thats not to bad for the eastcoast. The snow is wet there I have heard. Really really dry here.

East coast snow isn't "wet" 'till spring. This time of year we have ice. You want wet, that's Tahoe, aka "Sierra Cement" or "Cascade Crud."

Lone Wolf
02-15-2008, 08:33
not at Jay. always plenty of powder

Roots
02-15-2008, 09:32
Aren't the brown mountain lights down here somewhere.......or am I remembering Unsolved Mysteries wrong??

I could be completely wrong, but it does seem that I heard they were somewhere around Transylvania County (NC) or at least one of the surrounding counties. I've never seen them myself but my grandfather has. Ron Haven might know more about them.

LIhikers
02-15-2008, 10:09
Why would UFO driving aliens waste their time on the AT? There's not enough "noraml" people there for them to make one good abduction :)

LIhikers
02-15-2008, 10:09
opps, that was suposed to be "normal"

Freighttrain
02-15-2008, 10:32
Yes, while camping in the field @ Boiling Springs a few yrs ago

ki0eh
02-15-2008, 14:33
Yes, while camping in the field @ Boiling Springs a few yrs ago

And I see it captured you while it passed by at 2:30 a.m. and you assumed its identity. :D

Jan LiteShoe
02-15-2008, 14:43
And yes, I've seen lot's of UFO's in many different states - too many stories to tell now but I'll likely journal them. It certainly is odd to have close encounters with alien spacecraft and beings though, that's for sure.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/alien009.gif

Whoa, now. You're not going to let that go withuot at least one campfire story. If you were serious, that is.

notorius tic
02-15-2008, 16:03
On the FL trail i saw to 2 footed Sloth MONSTER SWAMP THING...That GRABED MY WEED STRUNG..? NINER WAS THERE I PROMISE 2 b continued

notorius tic
02-15-2008, 16:04
I caught it Thats a promise <:::::::::::::::

notorius tic
02-15-2008, 16:05
NO 2 Footed sloth will ever get my WEED
Thats the Berry patch that was ?

hobojoe
02-15-2008, 16:12
During the useless gear contest at trail daze last year someone let a U.F.O. go. Anyone remember??? I'd hate to see that one come down.

BR360
02-15-2008, 16:27

Brown Mountain Lights are on Brown Mountain! Duh!;)

They are in Burke County, just east of the Linville Gorge Wilderness Area. They are visible from Table Rock and Hawksbill on the East rim, and from Wisemans View on the West Rim (since Brown Mountain is visible through the gap between the 2 mtns).

A professor at App State is researching them. They have been a part of folk legend for 200 years.

BR360
02-15-2008, 16:51
This image might help. Click it to enlrage.

warraghiyagey
02-15-2008, 18:27
Whoa, now. You're not going to let that go withuot at least one campfire story. If you were serious, that is.
Ummm. . . yeah, they told me not to talk about it.:rolleyes::p

Pedaling Fool
07-28-2008, 13:23
The reason I ask I am scarrrreeeed to death of them. I think I might have been abducted or either watch to many movies. They are real I have seen them or at least I think I have.
Nothing to be scarrrreeeed of. They don't mean us any harm, they're just studying us, much like the way we study an Ant colony. They don't want to interact with.

Bare Bear
07-28-2008, 23:32
I've seen a bunch of em but not on any Trail. We used to make em with balsa wood frames and plastic bags. Mount candles inside and seal it up. Hot air rises. Most crashed and burned but a few went way up. I wondered years later how many fires we idiots caused??? You don't think of those things at 15 years old.

Odd Thomas
07-29-2008, 01:25
Nothing to be scarrrreeeed of. They don't mean us any harm, they're just studying us, much like the way we study an Ant colony. They don't want to interact with.

I hear those probes are very interactive.

Ramble~On
07-29-2008, 04:55
:eek: "Visitors"...... phew..yeah I thought I was the only one.
There were three of them pale ones with the big black eyes...
I was in Virginia and was due to hit a town the next day..I was down to my last Snickers when this big, bright spinning hub cap looking thing flew over my head and kinda hovered there for a minute.
I looked up at it and was peeling the wrapper off my Snickers when this beam of light hit the ground and outta nowhere there was this Billy Thorpe song playin...real loud and then the thing landed and out popped these pale dudes with big black eyes...they reached for my Snickers but I was ready for them cause I'd heard about this kinda BS on TV...
It's one thing to lay a finger on a Butterfinger but like I said...this was my last Snickers and I wasn't giving it up to some pale hub cap flying dudes...so I double tapped each of them with my Millenium Pro...
The music stopped and the light beams sucked their bodies back into the hub cap and it flew away....darndest thing I'd ever seen.
I bent down to pick up my casings cause I practice Leave No Trace outdoor ethics and I noticed some sort of strange gooey stuff that looked like the liquid inside a chem light...I guess it was their blood or something..anyway I hope I never have a thing like that happen when hiking again.

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/b/billy_thorpe/children_of_the_sun.html < This is the song their spaceship was jamming

Pedaling Fool
07-29-2008, 09:49
I hear those probes are very interactive.
I've already said too much.