PDA

View Full Version : OK PHOTOSHOP Guru's Design the Hard Core Trail Work T-Shirt LOGO for 2008

Twofiddy
02-15-2008, 00:02
Hey gang...

Trail Days and Hard Core Trial Work Trip will be here before you know it.

Time to get the T-Shirts off to the screen printer, and I need one of you photoshop gurus to design a chest pocket logo for the shirts.

I dont know what this years project is, but come up with something artistic, make it black and white for easy screen printing conversion, and lets see what you can do.

We can vote on multiple designs.

E-mail me
[email protected] with your designs and I'll post them up here.

Twofiddy

Tennessee Viking
02-15-2008, 00:50
I will have to double check with Peoples and Fritz, but from last I heard, Hardcore will be two projects this year. So don't quote me on this.

First day, Hardcore will be at Unaka Cherry Gap/Little Bald Knob to finish up last years relocation. If we have some extra brave souls, we will probably send them up to the Unaka summit for rock work to help jump start this year's Konnarock crew.

If it looks good, the second day will be over on Roan. We have a possible small relocation on Little Hump. Then a relocation on the ridge climb from Stan Murray. This will also be a jump start for Konnarock crews.

I will get the word in a day or so.
-------

By the way, what are the dimension and resoluction requirements for the graphic.

Twofiddy
02-15-2008, 08:45
300 DPI NO GREY SCALE BLACK AND WHITE ONLY

Dimensions should be no larger than about 4" by 4" square to screen on the pocket area of the left chest.

Tennessee Viking
02-15-2008, 14:06
2008 Hardcore project will be a day at Cherry Gap around Unaka, and then will move to Roan in between Grassy Ridge and Stan Murray.

hobojoe
02-15-2008, 14:11
2008 Hardcore project will be a day at Cherry Gap around Unaka, and then will move to Roan in between Grassy Ridge and Stan Murray.
Can't wait.... see yall there. Can the shirts possibly be as cool as last years???

Wise Old Owl
02-15-2008, 14:34
Hobo Do we have a picture of last years?

Wise Old Owl
02-15-2008, 15:42
I read the instructions and I am going to bow out as I cannot keep it
that simple. But if I had to do something for a trail shirt it would have this on it as an idea. This took me about an hour. I would want to see previous examples of what we did in years past as I am still relatively
new member.

Bare Bear
02-15-2008, 16:54
I think it should have a photo image of Bob Peoples...
that would make me go hang and work for a week.
What better souvenir could you want? If you are a trail person.

Smile
02-15-2008, 17:51
Trail maintainers are awesome! :)

Smile
02-16-2008, 22:24
How does one join up to help out?
:)

Bare Bear
02-17-2008, 11:55
Bob Peoples at the Hostle or catch him at the Traildays booth in Damascus.

mountain squid
02-17-2008, 12:56
How does one join up to help out?
:)
Sign-up at Trail Days. We will likely be stationed in the ATC tent, as usual. If I remember, last year sign-up started on Fri and continued on Sat (but not for long, the list was filled quickly). Be early as alot of people are usually interested. I'll post more info as the time gets closer.

Don't plan on signing up at the hostel. If a thru-hiker were to sign-up in Mar, they may not make it to Trail Days in May. That would prevent someone who is present from attending. At any rate, talk to Bob beforehand if that is your plan.

See you on the trail,
mt squid

PS. For those who have no idea what Hard Core is: It is AT trail work in TEHCC area of responsibility on the Sun and Mon after Trail Days. Whoever has signed up, will be picked up on Sun and transported to the work site. Lodging is usually provided at Kincora and Braemar Castle in Hampton, TN. Dinners are also usually provided, but break/lunch/snacks are individual responsibilities. On Mon, work resumes. Tue everyone departs. Those currently hiking are usually transported back to wherever they got off the trail.

More definite details will be forthcoming as this years plans are finalized. Hope to see everyone out there...

PPS. I really liked last years shirts - Great Job!!!

Tennessee Viking
02-29-2008, 02:13
If you are preparing to head out on trail, spread the word about Hardcore. Joy of working on trail, socializing with tons of hikers, food, patches, and hanging with Bob & Pat.

If you hit Kincora other than Trail Days, just ask Bob if you want to help with maintenance. We usually go out on Tuesdays, then some weekends. You will get a patch for helping out on trail.

Lugnut
02-29-2008, 09:44
Not sure about spreading the word. Last year Bob had full intentions of limiting the numbers but then he couldn't go through with it. :D Tell him I said Hi.

hobojoe
02-29-2008, 16:58
I realy hope I can go this year I went the last 3 years but I drove. I am hiking this year and I can't miss it. Last years design was sponsored by Tractor Supply Company. Go billville!

Twofiddy
04-08-2008, 13:13
OK GUYS!!

I did not get much response for a LOGO etc.

I'd have no problems with putting Bob's face on the shirt, but it needs to be a one line Characture drawn with a sharpie to be screen printable.

I like the shovels with the 2008 in the one THUMB NAIL IMAGE.

Any objections to that IMAGE or OTHER IDEAS??

I need this to the printer by APRIL 15th!!

jhick
04-08-2008, 15:27
how about this?

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/hardcore.jpg?t=1207682812

Tennessee Viking
04-08-2008, 15:29
I hope you got my submission

Tennessee Viking
04-08-2008, 15:56
Hey gang...

Trail Days and Hard Core Trial Work Trip will be here before you know it.

Time to get the T-Shirts off to the screen printer, and I need one of you photoshop gurus to design a chest pocket logo for the shirts.

I dont know what this years project is, but come up with something artistic, make it black and white for easy screen printing conversion, and lets see what you can do.

We can vote on multiple designs.

E-mail me
[email protected] with your designs and I'll post them up here.

Twofiddy
Twofiddy, the email address listed bounces back in error.

Do you mean the address [email protected]

Tennessee Viking
04-16-2008, 23:14
Any decision on the Hardcore logo yet?

Twofiddy
04-22-2008, 07:51
how about this?

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/hardcore.jpg?t=1207682812

I like this... Might make a great logo for 09, I picked the logo Smile did as it was the best when these had to goto the printer. TAPPING FOOT IMPATIENTLY WAITING FOR REST OF SHIRTS TO ARRIVE!!

The only thing that needs to be done with this logo is there needs to be a white outline put completly around the AT part of the logo because the shirts are screened in 1 color.

BR360
04-22-2008, 08:59
May i suggest just moving the AT symbol up above the shovels? That way, it'd be easier to see in a monochrome screen....

jhick
04-22-2008, 13:40
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj132/l8tr_dude/hardcore2.jpg