PDA

View Full Version : camp percolator parts

Mrs Baggins
02-15-2008, 11:44
Need help finding something - and NO, we don't use our Coleman camp percolator on any hiking trail :p But we do use it when we take our tent trailer out. The last time used it the stem broke (that holds up the basket). I've searched everywhere I can think of on-line for a new basket and stem assembly but can't find it anywhere. We don't need a whole new coffee pot, just the "innards" for the one we have. And no we don't like hobo coffee so that's not an alternative. Just wondered if anyone out there knows some one who does sell just the innards and would mail them to South Carolina.

Thoughtful Owl
02-15-2008, 12:06
Have you tried the flea markets? I have seen all kinds of odds & ends at flea markets around here, and yes the innards for coffe perks.

Personally, if I am car camping, I just put the coffee grounds in a clean cotton sock and toss it into the post and boil. Cheaper than those filter paks and taste good too.

TO

Skidsteer
02-15-2008, 12:20
Have you tried the flea markets? I have seen all kinds of odds & ends at flea markets around here, and yes the innards for coffe perks.

Personally, if I am car camping, I just put the coffee grounds in a clean cotton sock and toss it into the post and boil. Cheaper than those filter paks and taste good too.

TO

Yep. Thrift stores commonly have them too.