PDA

View Full Version : Seattle AT thruhikers and future thruhikers

rasudduth
02-15-2008, 12:30
Looking to find more folks currently living in the Seattle area for gatherings to talk trail, hang out, go hiking and to help prepare future classes of AT thruhikers. No planned events/gatherings yet, but that will come soon!

BooBoo
ME>GA 2007

Shutterbug
02-15-2008, 17:39
Looking to find more folks currently living in the Seattle area for gatherings to talk trail, hang out, go hiking and to help prepare future classes of AT thruhikers. No planned events/gatherings yet, but that will come soon!

BooBoo
ME>GA 2007

I am not much of one for "hanging out" or for hiking in groups, but if you have an "event", let me know.

It looks like it is going to be a while before we will have access to the trails on Mt. Rainier. I hear the snow pack is so deep that the Wonderland Trail may not be open until August -- may just be a rumor.

Matteroo
02-15-2008, 22:44
Brue / Brew from 07 Lives in Seattle - at least when he was hiking - that is where his parents live - he may be taken a job elsewhere. Bucket and I (Water) are in Portland but if there is an actual AT thing going down heck we'd enjoy seeing Seattle.

Yeah I saw some figure on a noaa.gov or something website that up at 7000 foot on Mt. hood they've received 24 feet of snow basically. I'm sure some has melted but that is still incredible.