PDA

View Full Version : White Gas Resupply

Feral Bill
02-15-2008, 22:32
Looking at the on-line data sheet, I see some places with fuel by the ounce, some with fuel by the pint, and some unspecified. Is it possible to reasonably stay supplied with white gas on a thru? No, I am not interested changing stoves.

Thanks

Lone Wolf
02-15-2008, 22:33
yes. plenty of white gas resupply all the way

Bob S
02-16-2008, 00:22
Can you say “Gasoline”?

Feral Bill
02-16-2008, 13:10
Can you say “Gasoline”?

My SVEA has done very well for almost 40 years on Coleman fuel and equivilent. I'm not going to start feeding it motor fuel now.

DGG
02-16-2008, 14:25
Feral Bill, I recently bought a new Svea 123. Before doing so, I checked on-line reviews of the stove, of which there are many (and all positive). It turns out that quite a few owners have burned gasoline and even kerosene in their Sveas without a problem. White gas is preferable, I'm sure, but in a pinch we have those other options, too -- one more reason to like this stove. If you are interested, have a look at the reviews on www.outdoorreview.com (http://www.outdoorreview.com) under "Optimus Climber Svea 123R Stove." (Sorry, I can't manage to insert the link here.) Best wishes, Dennis

Lone Wolf
02-16-2008, 14:33
My SVEA has done very well for almost 40 years on Coleman fuel and equivilent. I'm not going to start feeding it motor fuel now.

once again you'll have no problem finding coleman fuel on the trail

Feral Bill
02-16-2008, 16:57
Thanks for the helpful replies

Bob S
02-17-2008, 14:09
Nothing wrong with using Coleman Fuel. But my Svea is 30-years old and has never had any put into it. I only use gasoline. It works well, but I can see some people not too comfortable with it. Both work well in a Svea.

oops56
02-17-2008, 14:28
Nothing wrong with using Coleman Fuel. But my Svea is 30-years old and has never had any put into it. I only use gasoline. It works well, but I can see some people not too comfortable with it. Both work well in a Svea.
See it already got to your brain for using perto