PDA

View Full Version : Chat room tomorrow night

Programbo
02-15-2008, 22:38
If anyone is game I will like to see how my little chatroom handles larger groups of people so I am announcing I will be in there at say...9:00PM EST Saturday night..Hopefully a few folks will come in even just for a bit so I can see if it flows well with a number in at once.....In the mean time feel free to pop in anytime or arrange to meet others in there....Since I just made it don`t get discouraged if you go in and no one else is there..Give it time......Here is the link:

http://www.chatzy.com/210228948338

In case it asks for it the chat password is "whiteblaze"

Programbo
02-16-2008, 22:02
:banana

sherrill
02-16-2008, 23:50
Looks good! Enjoyed it, and I will be back. Thanks for setting it up.

Tin Man
02-16-2008, 23:59
I could not participate tonight. What do you chat about?

Good idea scheduling a time. May I suggest selecting a topic as well as a time for the next chat session?

I don't know what people might want to chat about, but rotating some subjects around might help focus the discussion.

Bulldawg
02-17-2008, 00:19
Anything but politics!!!!

Tin Man
02-17-2008, 00:23
Anything but politics!!!!

I almost said that, but it could be entertaining once a month to watch people go at it real time. I was envisioning a schedule of topics, tune in to your favorites, ignore the rest, sort of like people tend to do or should do rather than complain. :)

Bulldawg
02-17-2008, 00:25
If you even allow politics, just one time, you will have some of the liberal geniuses here hijacking every chat time! Trust me! Read what SGT ROCK said over on that gun thread about why the politics forum gets to stay.

Tin Man
02-17-2008, 00:38
If you even allow politics, just one time, you will have some of the liberal geniuses here hijacking every chat time! Trust me! Read what SGT ROCK said over on that gun thread about why the politics forum gets to stay.

How are you going to stop politics? I read what ROCK said and am suggesting the same - maybe if you offer them their time slot, they will be gracious (did I say that?) and let the other chats to stay on topic. I think there is more chance of politics showing up on every chat if there isn't a political time slot.

I am happy to hear conservative geniuses never hijack a thread. :rolleyes:

A-Train
02-17-2008, 01:14
Slackpacking.

Talk amongst yourselves:)

rafe
02-17-2008, 11:01

As if this post wasn't political. :rolleyes:

Programbo
02-17-2008, 13:38
I could not participate tonight. What do you chat about?Good idea scheduling a time. May I suggest selecting a topic as well as a time for the next chat session?I don't know what people might want to chat about, but rotating some subjects around might help focus the discussion.

We were discussing problems we had on the trail in our lives and the conversation went kind of like...""Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" And I said, "Littering." And they all stopped talking to me in the chat there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time in the chat, talkin about crime, mother stabbing, father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about in the chat.

But those are good ideas about choosing a topic..Announcing a time seemed to work out so perhaps people in various sub-forums can arrange to meet in the chat to discuss their own particular interest (Gear, food, whatever)

warraghiyagey
02-17-2008, 13:40
Boy I'd like to see some 8 x 10 color glossy photos of that chat!
:D

Heater
02-17-2008, 13:49

You'll have to wait in line. It's the one that says Group W. Have a seat on the bench.

;)

gardenville
02-17-2008, 21:53
[QUOTE=Programbo;539673]We were discussing problems we had on the trail in our lives and the conversation went kind of like...""Kid, whad'ya get?" I said, "I didn't get nothing, I had to pay $50 and pick up the garbage." He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" And I said, "Littering." And they all stopped talking to me in the chat there, and the hairy eyeball and all kinds of mean nasty things, till I said, "And creating a nuisance." And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time in the chat, talkin about crime, mother stabbing, father raping, all kinds of groovy things that we was talking about in the chat.

I have the Arlo Guthrie - Alice's Restaurant - and I am playing as I try and type. I have had it for more years than I can remember.

I was on chat for awhile last night. It went really well.

sam4msu
02-17-2008, 22:04
Ahhh Yes!!! Any thread that includes Alice's Restaurant is a thread that I have to weigh in on!!! That song is a Thanksgiving tradition at my house. Last Nov. was the first Thanksgiving that my son was living out of town and we spent 30 minutes on the phone so we could listen to it together!!!

ScottP
02-18-2008, 00:20
Occupied tonight as well. I need help distracting myself from my CDT map fun.

Cuffs
03-28-2008, 20:21
How well did this work out? Anyone still using it?

EMAN
04-01-2008, 10:28
Would not accept the password given here.

envirodiver
04-01-2008, 10:34

Do you think that maybe you could put a paragraph on the back of each one explaning what it is.

I learned never ever admit that I was the one that put an envelope under a big pile of trash.

Wags
04-01-2008, 13:36
have you guys ever thought of using a chat program like IRC or MIRC? they're quite awesome