PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps of AT, PCT, and CDT (leaving tomorrow for AT)

oshkoshbjosh123
02-16-2008, 17:31
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I are leaving tonight on the midnight train to Georgia.

I posted some time ago with a link to our website where I have created a useful Google Map of The AT. Several people asked me to add other trails and others asked me to add a RSS feature to the page so people could be notified when we update it with new pics and journal entries. I have added the PCT and CDT to the google map in case anyone is interested. I have also added a "Subscribe" feature. Its the closest thing to RSS I could create in such a short amount of time. Just add your email address on the subscribe page and you will recieve emails when we update our page. (No worries, your emails will not be used for anything other than sending updates... we are hikers, not spammers).

We will see you all on the trail! And, as always, SIGN THE GUESTBOOK! It will give us something to read when we make it to our first town.

map: go to the page above and click on the "Map of Long Trails" link

-Josh

Heater
02-16-2008, 19:12
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that my wife and I are leaving tonight on the midnight train to Georgia.

I posted some time ago with a link to our website where I have created a useful Google Map of The AT. Several people asked me to add other trails and others asked me to add a RSS feature to the page so people could be notified when we update it with new pics and journal entries. I have added the PCT and CDT to the google map in case anyone is interested. I have also added a "Subscribe" feature. Its the closest thing to RSS I could create in such a short amount of time. Just add your email address on the subscribe page and you will recieve emails when we update our page. (No worries, your emails will not be used for anything other than sending updates... we are hikers, not spammers).

We will see you all on the trail! And, as always, SIGN THE GUESTBOOK! It will give us something to read when we make it to our first town.

website: www.fivemillionsteps.com (http://www.fivemillionsteps.com)
map: go to the page above and click on the "Map of Long Trails" link

-Josh

Thanks for that.

mweinstone
02-16-2008, 19:22
even if this is a made up troller post, we should all be wishing this trip well. they may be the only folks starting tommorow. what. not excited? wrong. if this is a legit post, we should all be on here well wishing. goodluck from matthewski made up guy. or real guy.

Heater
02-16-2008, 19:33
even if this is a made up troller post, we should all be wishing this trip well. they may be the only folks starting tommorow. what. not excited? wrong. if this is a legit post, we should all be on here well wishing. goodluck from matthewski made up guy. or real guy.

Have you checked out their maps? :rolleyes:

VERY NICE! Great resource.
Not a troll by any means but a little quick on the send button. (4 posts)

:)