PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise Mountain in NJ - Water?

Todd Heyn
02-17-2008, 08:12
I am working out the details of my summer trek across NJ on the AT. According to the guidebook and the map there is a pavilion and bathroom on top of Sunrise Mountain. Does anyone know if there is also water available?

Just let me know what you know. Then I will know what you know and you will know what I know. When we all know what each other knows, we will all be in the know, you know!

STEVEM
02-17-2008, 08:53
I am working out the details of my summer trek across NJ on the AT. According to the guidebook and the map there is a pavilion and bathroom on top of Sunrise Mountain. Does anyone know if there is also water available?

Just let me know what you know. Then I will know what you know and you will know what I know. When we all know what each other knows, we will all be in the know, you know!

Todd: The pavilion is an stone open sided viewing area built by the CCC. The bathroom is an outhouse in the parking lot. No water. If your going NOBO the Gren Andersen Shelter is about 1/2 mile south of the Sunrise Mountain summit, and there's usually running water there.

Toolshed
02-17-2008, 10:56
As you leave sunrise mountain road parking lot, I believe you cross a small stream just before the trail slabs up the mountain. I can't recall, but I seem to remember such. Anybody else have any input??

MOWGLI
02-17-2008, 10:58
The 2000 Data Book doesn't indicate any water.

Lone Wolf
02-17-2008, 11:02
closest water is 2.4 mile south of sunrise mtn. at gren anderson shelter

The Desperado
02-17-2008, 12:56
Lone wolf is correct. closest water is at gren Anderson shelter. If you are hiking in July & August , you might want to check again, as in recent years gren Andersons spring has "dried up" on occasion. If you are heading no. get enough water at culvers Gap to hold you over until High Point, or if south then at high Point until Culvers gap and you will be fine.

rafe
02-17-2008, 17:27
Brink Rd. shelter, 3.6 miles south of Culver Gap, has a good spring.