PDA

View Full Version : PCT Trip Planning & Maps

rallen
02-17-2008, 15:25
Those of you still looking for PCT info should take a look at Eric's new PCT Atlas (pctatlas.com).

Specially the binder format. Should be LTW, *very* user friendly, and easily updated/modded. And dirt cheap for what you get! :-)

FYI: I have no affiliation w/Eric or Blackwoods press. Just a "happy camper." <chuckle>

Peace,

Richard.

TwoForty
02-22-2008, 20:17
In the about section he was talking about how the 2007 herd was frustrated with the exisiting data book and guide book. I haven't seen either, but are they really that bad?
Erik's looks great but it coveres such a small portion of the trail for this year.

rafe
02-22-2008, 20:21
Looks like the full trail's worth won't be done 'till April '09. I'm planning to do a wee bit of the PCT this summer, but definitely not the southernmost part -- and that's the only guide that's finished at the moment...

Dogwood
02-22-2008, 20:22
I am set to receive Eric's atlas when it becomes available in early April. Let U know then.

Footslogger
02-22-2008, 20:28
Guess I need to add that to my list of planning materials. Been using Yogi's binder and some miscellaneous guides and journals but hey ...the more the merrier ...

'Slogger

Sly
02-22-2008, 22:33
In the about section he was talking about how the 2007 herd was frustrated with the exisiting data book and guide book. I haven't seen either, but are they really that bad?

When I hiked the trail in '99-'00 I thought the guidebooks with maps and databook were fine. I'll be using the updated versions of both this year.

A-Train
02-23-2008, 13:41
I've heard Erik's materials are excellent. He's put a lot of work into them and he's a great guy.

I used a combo of data book, yogi pages, and at times, the guidebook/maps. Didn't really have a problem with any of them. Even using a 2004 version of Yogi, it was mostly accurate.

rafe
02-23-2008, 16:21
Sounds like Yogi's is the one to have? How about a book giving capsule summaries of each of the lettered sections? Is there anything like that?

Sly
02-23-2008, 17:25
Sounds like Yogi's is the one to have? How about a book giving capsule summaries of each of the lettered sections? Is there anything like that?

Yeah Yogi's book is really helpful. The Wilderness Press guidebooks have an introduction to each section.