PDA

View Full Version : Grillin in the Snow ...

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 21:59
BadAss Turtle and I just polished off a lip smakin steak somethered in onion and mushrooms. Snowing like there's no tomorrow but in Wyoming we grill all year.

So ...what'd everyone else have for dinner ??

'Slogger

Bulldawg
02-17-2008, 22:03
LOL, we grill year round too, but Gawga don't have that type weather.

Oh yeah, fried pork chops, brown rice with veggeis, and field peas.

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 22:05
LOL, we grill year round too, but Gawga don't have that type weather.

Oh yeah, fried pork chops, brown rice with veggeis, and field peas.

=======================

Good stuff !!

'Slogger

sam4msu
02-17-2008, 22:06
How 'bout grilled pork chops with rice cooked in chicken broth and steamed broccoli

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 22:07
How 'bout grilled pork chops with rice cooked in chicken broth and steamed broccoli

===========================

Just add snow and do in in about 12 degrees ....

'Slogger

sheepdog
02-17-2008, 22:21
We had fried fish. Just caught them. So fresh they don't even know they are dead yet.

gumball
02-17-2008, 22:23
Roasted chicken and sweet potatoes.

Hey 'slogger...that doesn't sound like good cholesterol-watchin' food ;)

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 22:25
Roasted chicken and sweet potatoes.

Hey 'slogger...that doesn't sound like good cholesterol-watchin' food ;)

=============================

So true ...washed it down with some Omega3 though.

Gotta work in a little steak now and then.

'Slogger

whitelightning
02-17-2008, 22:32
I made a big batch of what I call "cheeseburger Mac". It consists of lean ground beef, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, spices, and chedder and parmesan cheeses. I just finished off a big bowl of it. I'm going to try to dehydrate the rest tonight and then use it during my thruhike.

Not as good as grilled steak or fish, but I'm full and satisfied. It reminds me I should thaw out some salmon I have in the freezer. Maybe I'll grill it tommorow night...:D

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 22:36
Not as good as grilled steak or fish, but I'm full and satisfied. It reminds me I should thaw out some salmon I have in the freezer. Maybe I'll grill it tommorow night...:D

=====================================

There ya go ...grillin in the winter is where it's at !!

We did salmon last night, by the way.

'Slogger

gumball
02-17-2008, 22:43
=============================

So true ...washed it down with some Omega3 though.

Gotta work in a little steak now and then.

'Slogger

Aw, I was just teasing :) Yes, you have to have a bite of cow now and again. You can make up for it with a hearty bowl of oatmeal in the a.m. At least that is what I told myself as my husband and I downed our big fat chocolate homemade muffins this evening...

whitelightning
02-17-2008, 22:53
=====================================

There ya go ...grillin in the winter is where it's at !!

We did salmon last night, by the way.

'Slogger

Yeah it is. Although right now, at least where I'm at, it's not really cold enough to think it's winter. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt today. Of course that may change soon.

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 22:57
Yeah it is. Although right now, at least where I'm at, it's not really cold enough to think it's winter. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt today. Of course that may change soon.
===========================

You're NOT gonna believe this ...but I was wearing shorts and a T-shirt while grillin tonight too. That said, I was also wearing a wool ski hat.

Out here we are so used to the cold weather that the only thing that feels the cold is my follicularly challenged head !! ...LOL

'Slogger

Bad Ass Turtle
02-17-2008, 22:58
I don't know WHAT he is saying. He was definitely wearing a LONG-SLEEVED t-shirt when he was grilling dinner. In the snow.:sun

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 23:00
I don't know WHAT he is saying. He was definitely wearing a LONG-SLEEVED t-shirt when he was grilling dinner. In the snow.:sun
=======================

For the record ...BadAss Turtle is my wife and was INSIDE sauteing the mushrooms and onions (which I appreciated greatly, by the way)

'Slogger

Footslogger
02-17-2008, 23:02
OK ...enough fun for now. Gotta go brush the snow off and cover the grill.

'Slogger