PDA

View Full Version : NOBO From North Adams end of June 2008

robert granrath
02-18-2008, 18:27
I plan on continuing my backpacking trip on the AT where I left off Last Year. I teach High School and we get out toward the end of June. I am looking for a partner for the hike. Not necesairly to hike step for step just someone to meet up with for lunch and overnight camping. I am comfortable with 10 - 15 miles per day. A partner of any age or gender is fine.
If this sounds like a plan let me know.

Thanks
Bob Granrath
AKA T BIRD:banana

wystiria
02-22-2008, 18:43
well i can tell you we will be out on the trail doing VT late June early July - but my thought is you will be past us by then. if not we can meet up at a shelter for a night. We were thinking of doing the VT section south bound :)

robert granrath
04-24-2008, 10:28
I am doing Vermont NOBO any chance of getting together around the end of June?

T BIRD

wystiria
04-24-2008, 10:37
Hey there, we are definitely going ot be out end of june thru the first week of july. We will be SOBO starting at the top of VT. bet we can meet up when we cross paths!

Eureka
05-04-2008, 21:19
I'll be section hiking Vermont this year as well. I was planning on NOBO but would consider SOBO. I am planning on leaving around the end of June or so as well but my concern is about shuttling cars. I can leave my car at the end but then need a ride to the start.
Maybe we can work something out between us.
Do either of you need a shuttle as well?
I have been hiking around 18 miles a day during my previous section hikes of CT. and Mass. but not having hiked Vermont before, I'm not sure what my average will be.
I live in CT. one mile from the Mass line.
Mike

earlylight
05-04-2008, 22:59
I'll be section hiking Vermont this year as well. I was planning on NOBO but would consider SOBO. I am planning on leaving around the end of June or so as well but my concern is about shuttling cars. I can leave my car at the end but then need a ride to the start.
Maybe we can work something out between us.
Do either of you need a shuttle as well?
I have been hiking around 18 miles a day during my previous section hikes of CT. and Mass. but not having hiked Vermont before, I'm not sure what my average will be.
I live in CT. one mile from the Mass line.
Mike

Scarab,

Check out my LT section dates here (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36141). Is there any overlap with your schedule? I am also looking for VT shuttle partners.

zeal
05-05-2008, 00:16
I'll be walking the Long Trail nobo starting the 1st or 2nd of July. Probably see ya on the trail!

Eureka
05-05-2008, 20:11
Scarab,

Check out my LT section dates here (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36141). Is there any overlap with your schedule? I am also looking for VT shuttle partners.

Wow, I guess you will need shuttles with that schedule!
I'll keep the June dates of your hike in mind when I plan my start to see if I can help you.
Mike

FeO2
05-05-2008, 22:22
Bob,

I'll be sectioning NH starting August 3rd. Starting just over the VT border near Hanover NH and will be stoping at Grafton Notch (Rte 26) in Maine. Might not be in your time frame, but I'll be on the trail then.

FeO2

Dingus Khan
05-06-2008, 18:25
i have a short section of ma to finish then it will be onto vt for myself as well... i will look at my schedule and get back to you guys. i am in hartford ct and work every other weekend....
hope to see you out there

wystiria
05-07-2008, 10:45
Ok trying to keep the posts straight in my mind.

For us - we will be hiking SOBO starting in Norwich - we don't plan on doing many days over 15 miles if we can help it. I have a rough itenerary sketched out that has us getting down to VT RT 9 to get out.

For shuttles we aren't much help because we have bribed people to drive us up the night before and pick us up!

we will be out 6/26 thru 7/6

vonfrick
05-07-2008, 11:24
hi TBird, i'll be leaving hanover, nh heading NOBO on june 23. i also teach high school. probably see you here and there. have a great hike!! :sun