PDA

View Full Version : ferrel

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 16:46
do you want to live in the wilds? with thousands of others? all of whom have shunned all of sociatys ways? who live short. die young. without hospitol or vaccinne? if a movement started and it was legal? if all your best friends did it? would you release yourself to the wilds with only your kit of gear to ween you from your ways ? and when a year was up and your gear was broke , used up, and useless,..knowing you would have had that one chance to develope a skill set that was sustainable to provide you with sustanence, while being near ferrel,...would you risk it? peacefull liveing , but dangerously unsupported by our 400 years of industrializations goodies.

since the age of 5. yes yes yes and yes. my commitment. my mission. my hope in jesus.you? im talking to you panzer you cubical inhabitant.

Cuffs
02-19-2008, 16:50
How about FERAL instead?

Lone Wolf
02-19-2008, 16:51
hell no. it would just end up being just a bunch of lazy, hippy wannabes sittin' round smokin dope and gettin' nothin' done. lookin' for work-for-stay and handouts

Gray Blazer
02-19-2008, 17:40
They alread have that. Rainbow gathering.

Appalachian Tater
02-19-2008, 17:42
do you want to live in the wilds? with thousands of others? all of whom have shunned all of sociatys ways? who live short. die young. without hospitol or vaccinne? Don't you already live in Philadelphia?

hobojoe
02-19-2008, 17:45
Ever heard of the Wild Human Initiative? Currently seeking places in which to do just that. I believe they are traveling to different communes around the country doing invite only work for stay's. With more emphasis on the work and improving the property. There are many intentional communities around the country (and here in NC) with varying degrees of what you speak. Eustace Conway comes to mind. That's the 4th mention of him I heard today. One of my employees is going to bring me the book written about him "Last American Man" by Elizabeth Gilbert. Can't wait to read it.

Pedaling Fool
02-19-2008, 17:45
It's our destiny to evolve past the physical realm in to the realm of energy - pure energy. Not sure what happens after that. Screw the wilds, there history as soon as the sun burns out.

hobojoe
02-19-2008, 17:50
http://directory.ic.org/records/?action=view&page=view&record_id=20202
Not really established on the internet for obvious reasons but here is there best link.

tazie
02-19-2008, 17:51
I thought you were talking about having a pet ferret.

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 18:07
i hate intentional communitys. unintentional,..now thats cool. and lwolfs also right. it definatly would fill up imediatly with exstract of mooch. we need some sort of mooch deterent. but with no formal organization, crap like mooch deterent wouldnt happen. just lazy, fat , dummys dumming in the afternoon sun. maby ill stay here and go shopping. stonewalls commin over. were gonna work tommorow together. so we can consume. and die. and be filled with formalguhide. and buryed in a thing made in a factory with no hand made anything. thats what im doin tommorow. thanks! by!

end of thread. closed. only feral enter herein

mojumpy dingwherewho feral for(pass the rat please)

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 18:12
Visions of Utopia Video - Volume 1 $30.00
how many volumes till full utopia?nice cult .go wait for your ship. god called. but not for you.

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 18:16
what say we change this thread midstream to one about cults who are asses. witch is all of them. all intentional communitys. all special schools for the furtherment of kindness. all semenarys of seaweed. all bands of merry men on crack and santa.

hobojoe
02-19-2008, 18:17
i hate intentional communitys.
How many have you actualy been to? Or are you just another discounter of those who care about the environment enough to move out of their wood, stone, and plastic, city dwelling. I am currently living with no electricity in a cabin heated by a woodstove, insulated by straw and hay (works great until the big bad wolf comes along). Where do you live?.... Oh, an apartment... what a suprise. You probably would never make it without your msr water filter and L.L. bean sleeping bag. You armchair naturalist. (see disclaimer)

bfitz
02-19-2008, 18:38
How many have you actualy been to? Or are you just another discounter of those who care about the environment enough to move out of their wood, stone, and plastic, city dwelling. I am currently living with no electricity in a cabin heated by a woodstove, insulated by straw and hay (works great until the big bad wolf comes along). Where do you live?.... Oh, an apartment... what a suprise. You probably would never make it without your msr water filter and L.L. bean sleeping bag. You armchair naturalist. (see disclaimer)
He could survive in Mad max world better than 99 and 44/100ths of the people I know. As far as that "apartment", I bet your place is warmer and more plush. BTW, how do you surf the web w/o electricity? Library or friends' house still constitutes use of those civil utilities you profess to abhor, you know.

Anyway, mattski wasn't proffessing to give a crap about the environment, or any ideological concept, he's just talking about mad max-type post apocalyptic, survivor island existence because it would be cool and only the worthy would prosper.

hobojoe
02-19-2008, 18:50
Never said I abhor these things just trying to spend as much time away from them as I can. I may or may not be at work (see thread "Are you at work??"). I love the Idea of a mass exodus of those of us who are sick of the way the country is being run today (be careful your getting dangerously close to politics now). Imagine if all the inhabitants of all the major metropolis' dawning backpacks and hatchets and migrating to the woods. The economy would crumble and we would be forced to start fresh. I can't wait.. and it's only a matter of time till it happens. I'm in tell me when.
And my house is made of wood so that in itself makes me a hypocrite. I hope matty can defend himself though.

bfitz
02-19-2008, 18:58
Never said I abhor these things just trying to spend as much time away from them as I can. I may or may not be at work (see thread "Are you at work??"). I love the Idea of a mass exodus of those of us who are sick of the way the country is being run today (be careful your getting dangerously close to politics now). Imagine if all the inhabitants of all the major metropolis' dawning backpacks and hatchets and migrating to the woods. The economy would crumble and we would be forced to start fresh. I can't wait.. and it's only a matter of time till it happens. I'm in tell me when.
And my house is made of wood so that in itself makes me a hypocrite. I hope matty can defend himself though.I still think it would be cooler if it was after a meteor storm or a big war like in the movies rather than a social movement, because then everyone would forced into it and only the fittest would survive...like that midget and Tina Turner from the last Mad Max movie (I heard there's a new one in the works...:banana).

Recently started reading a book along these lines...pretty cool. S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire".

http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue382/books.html

hobojoe
02-19-2008, 19:01
I still think it would be cooler if it was after a meteor storm or a big war like in the movies rather than a social movement, because then everyone would forced into it and only the fittest would survive...like that midget and Tina Turner from the last Mad Max movie (I heard there's a new one in the works...:banana).

Recently started reading a book along these lines...pretty cool. S.M. Stirling's "Dies The Fire".

My faith in human nature would be restored if we all just snapped out of "it" and went wild......Just imagine an empty manhattan.

Terry7
02-19-2008, 19:09
I still think it would be cooler if it was after a meteor storm or a big war like in the movies rather than a social movement, because then everyone would forced into it and only the fittest would survive...like that midget and Tina Turner from the last Mad Max movie (I heard there's a new one in the works...:banana).

I read "Dies The Fire" there is two more in the series. I Think "The Stand" by Stephen King is better. Or try "Swan Song" by Robert McCamman.

bfitz
02-19-2008, 19:09
My faith in human nature would be restored if we all just snapped out of "it" and went wild......Just imagine an empty manhattan.Now I'm thinking of the movie "Night Of The Comet". Roaming around an empty concrete jungle would be fun.

TOW
02-19-2008, 19:10
hell no. it would just end up being just a bunch of lazy, hippy wannabes sittin' round smokin dope and gettin' nothin' done. lookin' for work-for-stay and handouts
Freegans............

bfitz
02-19-2008, 19:11
I like electronic gadgets, though. There cool. As soon as we got into the wild we'd start trying to make ourselves more comfortable and productive and we'd do it all over again. We're beavers building dams. We can't help ourselves, and shouldn't. We're smart beavers, though, so we can learn to do it intelligently.

AT-HITMAN2005
02-19-2008, 19:16
check out "there will be dragons" by john ringo. its sci-fi and far in the future. there are several in the series but the first actually refers to the AT as the via appalachia.

the goat
02-19-2008, 19:23
i'd like to chime in on this one, but first: mojumpy dingwherewho!

Gray Blazer
02-19-2008, 20:02
what say we change this thread midstream

Nope, momma don' low no thread changin' 'round here.

bfitz
02-19-2008, 20:37
Anyone ever read the Jannisaries books by Jerry Pournelle? A squad of Vietnam era soldiers dropped onto a planet with midieval societies and tech...

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 21:41
sin loy. thats too bad in vietnameese. i know all about being dropped on the wrong planet.

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 21:47
i remember before i was born. i was like barny rubble but my cloths were glowing and we all had laurel leaf things and there was like a fred flintstone tall angel guy behind me on a cloud we stood on. looking down on earth witch was the size of a basketball, i saw viking era ships with oars rowing in the air to and from the earth. on the decks were little children in glowing togas with laural leaves like me. the flintstone guy said," those are people being born and dieing." and i said," i know that." and i asked the angel guy," do you really think they want kids down there?" and he slapped me on the back reassuringly and said," sure they want kids, their dieing for them." that allways has been my earlyest memory.now i know he was being sarcastic.

tru story from the matvault.

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 21:48
dup post...........

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 21:56
duplicate post erased and nothing else to say.

Johnny Thunder
02-19-2008, 22:24
my fo fo makes sho' all yo' kids don't grow...that's pretty much all I got.

satchmo
02-20-2008, 02:43
if a movement started and it was legal?

Its not illegal.

Terry7
02-20-2008, 10:44
Anyone ever read the Jannisaries books by Jerry Pournelle? A squad of Vietnam era soldiers dropped onto a planet with midieval societies and tech...

That was a good series of books. Try "The Long Walk" by Stephen King, its about a contest to see who can walk the longest with out stopping. The thing is that when you slow down or stop they kill you until only one is left. For an oldie but goodie try "Alas Babalon" forget who the auther is.

TrippinBTM
02-20-2008, 13:07
do you want to live in the wilds? with thousands of others?

Imagine if all the inhabitants of all the major metropolis' dawning backpacks and hatchets and migrating to the woods.

...then there wouldn't be any wilds or woods left. They can't sustain modern populations, even if all the original wilderness* of N. America were intact.

*that is, like it was when Colombus sailed...it wasn't real wilderness as it was inhabited and often quite altered by humans (burning prairie and forest, etc). But in many ways that's better than wilderness, which is by definition devoid of humans. I don't want people to live in nature, I want them to live with nature. Forming a whole. We are as much a part of the natural world as the pines, bears, and mountains.

ok, eco-freak moment over.

hobojoe
02-20-2008, 13:11
It'd be ok, cause most of the modern pop. wouldn't survive any ways.

TrippinBTM
02-20-2008, 13:21
I like electronic gadgets, though. There cool. As soon as we got into the wild we'd start trying to make ourselves more comfortable and productive and we'd do it all over again. We're beavers building dams. We can't help ourselves, and shouldn't. We're smart beavers, though, so we can learn to do it intelligently.

agreed. of course that includes not crapping in the places you eat, sleep, and drink from. And by crap i mean more than bodily waste. sustainability! why not use our one gift, foresight? No one these days is really looking ahead, we're wasting and polluting everything.

bfitz
02-20-2008, 17:26
That was a good series of books. Try "The Long Walk" by Stephen King, its about a contest to see who can walk the longest with out stopping. The thing is that when you slow down or stop they kill you until only one is left. For an oldie but goodie try "Alas Babalon" forget who the auther is.The long ealk was one of our story-time books this summer on the trail. Alas Babylon is another classic in that vein. In the vein of the Long Walk and The Running Man, does anyone remember the movie Death Race 2000? That's a classic. My favorite Stallone role ever..."Machine Gun" Joe....