PDA

View Full Version : What WhiteBlaze member would you hike with?

Pages : [1] 2

Hooch
02-19-2008, 18:08
To go along with the other thread, what WhiteBlaze member would you kost like to hike with. It could be a friend, spouse, or even a WB member you've never met, pick anyone.

For me, I have to say it's Gldwings1 (Doc), my hiking partner, old service buddy and best friend 18 years. I couldn't ask for a better friend. :D

Freeleo
02-19-2008, 18:15
phreak.....AKA phreak

Jim Adams
02-19-2008, 18:21
B. Jack...Tarlin is always fun...nuff said.

geek

cannonball
02-19-2008, 18:22
wild cowboy if he did'nt slow me down.

Roots
02-19-2008, 18:24
Gosh, let me see...ummm....I'm not sure.....aaaa.....

Oh yeah, I guess that would have to be Gungho. I guess he'll do.:D

hobojoe
02-19-2008, 18:24
I'm gonna say again Miss Janet even though she refuses, I'm very patient......pleeeeaaase! Next choice Colenel Chaco because he is bursting with life at every turn, Love ya Chaco.

Lilred
02-19-2008, 18:39
There's so many people I'd like to hike with on WB that I don't think I could pick just one.

I'd love to hike with Miss Janet. I think we'd have a blast every day.

Almost arranged a hike with Cuffs, but our dates didn't coincide :( .

I got to know Ewker pretty well on the way to SoRuck, and I think we'd have a good time hiking together.

I'd enjoy hiking with Lone Wolf, I know we'd have a good time making fun of shelter dwellers, but he'd probably get sick of hearing my poles clicking against rocks.

I've done a couple of overnighters with Model T at Big South Fork, he'd be great to hike a long distance with.

Rain Man is always great to hike with, as long as he didn't force me to carry his food bag like the last time we were on the AT together.........

There are several others, Jan Liteshoe, Smokymtnsteve, Kerosene, tennesee bigun, Ron Haven, so I could hear all his great stories, Hikerhead, Gaitor I would always say yes to hiking with. She may need someone to put out the fire...... I'm sure I've forgotten more than one person.

Oh, how could I forget, TOW and Wonder.

Actually, I wouldn't be hiking 'with' any of these folks cause I'd be miles and miles behind them, trying to catch up.

Hooch
02-19-2008, 18:41
Gosh, let me see...ummm....I'm not sure.....aaaa.....

Oh yeah, I guess that would have to be Gungho. I guess he'll do.:DI guess that's the obvious choice for you. :D Wonder if he'll say the same......:rolleyes::D

Sailor (The other one)
02-19-2008, 20:12
Sgt Rock

dixicritter
02-19-2008, 20:28
Sgt Rock

He does make a good hiking partner I can attest to that. ;)

mweinstone
02-19-2008, 20:39
the hikers i wanna hike with dont hang out on white blaze. they run it! all the administraters and their good spelling,....and me!

bfitz
02-19-2008, 20:41
Any one of em, each for a different reason...

gungho
02-19-2008, 20:44
I guess that's the obvious choice for you. :D Wonder if he'll say the same......:rolleyes::D
:-?:-?:-?:-?

I guess she will have to do as well(Just kidding,could'nt ask for a better hiking partner(no hard feelings Skids And Two speed,you might be a close second:D

A-Train
02-19-2008, 20:49
Probably Professor Doyle out of pure intrigue.

I promised myself a zany 2000th post!

double d
02-19-2008, 21:00
A-Train, I'm not sure you mean me, but I'm sure I would bore the heck out of you, but congrats on the 2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmac_in
02-19-2008, 21:06
I'd hike with any Whiteblaze member. But if I get tired of you on the trail, I'll abandon you .... ;) :D

Would that be violating LNT?

gungho
02-19-2008, 21:08
To go along with the other thread, what WhiteBlaze member would you kost like to hike with. It could be a friend, spouse, or even a WB member you've never met, pick anyone.

For me, I have to say it's Gldwings1 (Doc), my hiking partner, old service buddy and best friend 18 years. I couldn't ask for a better friend. :D

By the way,How did your hiking trip go this past weekend??

Almost There
02-19-2008, 21:26
Still waiting for Wolf to come out and hike with me, but he wimps out everytime due to bad weather!:D

Sly and Jack...one of these days as well!

WBers I've hiked with are: Little Bear, Orangebug, Takoda, SpeerCarrier, HoboJoe, and Skidsteer.

LittleBear one of these days you won't get sick or injured when we hike together!

OB, hopefully you'll get out to Maine with me this summer, I know I bring out the young'un in you!

Speer, you got to witness my lowest point on the trail in 05!

HoboJoe, I heartily enjoyed eating breakfast while listening to you strum your guitar on Peddlar Creek Bridge back in 06!

Skidsteer, I enjoyed hiking out of Unicoi Gap with you....and then you were gone!!!:D

Look forward to seeing many more of you on the trail one of these days!

GlazeDog
02-19-2008, 21:33
Anyone who's hiking right now. :)

GlazeDog

gumball
02-19-2008, 21:44
Absolutely my husband, I would be lost without him, he's part of the hiking package for me :)

That being said, there are lots of people here who I think would be a lot of fun to hike with--most of the women, I think, would be a delightful and fun group to hike with. Kerosene, Sgt Rock, Baltimore Jack, Skeemer, Jack Tarlin...and many other characters who make up the face of this board.

Oh, and of course, Lone Wolf!

Gum

Philippe
02-19-2008, 21:45
I'd hike with Montego. He seems to be the real thing. He seems to have been there and done that, but he doesn't need to prove he's smarter that the rest of the world. Just a nice guy.

Kerosene
02-19-2008, 21:56
I've already had the pleasure of sectioning with WhiteBlazers walkerAT99 and Hikerhead, and I'd do it again. I met both of them on WhiteBlaze before coordinating a section with them.

I'd love to get out with Hammock Hanger, StarLyte and Bluebearee some day, based on Hikerhead's stories of his exploits with them on various trails. It would be cool to meet up with Alligator, Mags, ATtroll, the goat, Sgt. Rock, and Lone Wolf, and a hoot to rap with Jester2000 and saimyoji around a fire!

Lone Wolf
02-19-2008, 22:01
Absolutely my husband, I would be lost without him, he's part of the hiking package for me :)

That being said, there are lots of people here who I think would be a lot of fun to hike with--most of the women, I think, would be a delightful and fun group to hike with. Kerosene, Sgt Rock, Baltimore Jack, Skeemer, Jack Tarlin...and many other characters who make up the face of this board.

Oh, and of course, Lone Wolf!

Gum

i'm free most of the year. nobody has ever said they wanted to walk with me. i would love to hike with everybody on here. jusk ask. i'll walk. i do low miles too. i'm a camp boy

Almost There
02-19-2008, 22:05
Hey Gumball!

I'm pickin' on you:D, but Baltimore Jack and Jack Tarlin are....one in the same person!!!:eek:

wakapak
02-19-2008, 22:09
i have had the pleasure of hiking of hiking with a few on here!

not sure if he remembers it, but a few of us camped with LW back in 02, and it was a great time!!

as far as who else would i like to hike with from here that i havent before?? FD, Dixi, SgtRock, Jester, Miss J, Chaco, Mweinstone just to name a few......i think they would all be hilarious to spend time with!!!

Cuffs
02-19-2008, 22:10
Group 1: LilRed, Roots, Tenacious Tenasi, SuzyQHoo, 1Pint, AmazonWoman. Would the laughter ever end?

Group 2: Marta and Jan, what inspiration!

Group 3: those that Ive hiked with and look forward to hiking with again; Skidsteer, GeneRoll, Ewker, Eman, Linda, Hikernutt (& hubby), 1Pint, Mountain Man, Hammock Hanger

Group 4: have not hiked with, but one day! Sly, Lone Wolf, Mags, J5man, Miss Janet, Mr Parkay, Nimblewell Nomad, FishinFred, D'artagnan, Gungho, HOI, Lipstick, MeanJean, Stumpknocker

Im sure Ive left out many, so please dont take offense!

Lone Wolf
02-19-2008, 22:11
i have had the pleasure of hiking of hiking with a few on here!

not sure if he remembers it, but a few of us camped with LW back in 02, and it was a great time!!

as far as who else would i like to hike with from here that i havent before?? FD, Dixi, SgtRock, Jester, Miss J, Chaco, Mweinstone just to name a few......i think they would all be hilarious to spend time with!!!

of course i remember

A-Train
02-19-2008, 22:12
A-Train, I'm not sure you mean me, but I'm sure I would bore the heck out of you, but congrats on the 2000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was refering to Warren Doyle, but I'd hike with you too! I'm sure i'd enjoy the company of a lot of folks on WB while hiking. I've hiked briefly with Bluebearee, Jan Liteshoe and Old Fhart.

Footslogger
Can't really think of anyone here at WB I wouldn't want to hike with.

That said ...I rode 12 or so hours with Skeemer from the gathering in Hanover to Ohio in 2003 but never got to hike with him that year. I would like to share some trail miles with him some day.

'Slogger

wakapak
of course i remember

cool! that spot in grayson highlands was one of the best spots too, i thought!

10-K
02-19-2008, 22:13
Anyone that is reasonably sane will do. I'd also like to hike with Matthewski. ;)

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2008, 22:17
i'm free most of the year. nobody has ever said they wanted to walk with me. i would love to hike with everybody on here. jusk ask. i'll walk. i do low miles too. i'm a camp boy

This is a double post there is a seperate thread on who would you like to hike with then another thread of WB members

LW See
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33314&page=5

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg275/MarkSwarbrick/LW1.jpg

I would supply some of the beer!

TOW
02-19-2008, 22:19
My pick would be Matthewski without a doubt. He is cool and the boy knows how to create a good time. He'd be making videos and narrating them and so on just like he did with Minnesota Smith. I never laughed so hard in my life. I always looked forward to his witty way saying things and still do today.

I wish he and I would get together and write a story and the best way would be if we took a hike together someday.......

Jason of the Woods
02-19-2008, 22:21
Any of them so long as they can keep up.

J5man
02-19-2008, 22:48
I'll answer for Hikerhead..........it wants to hike with David Horton........but I don't think he's a WhiteBlazer. I must say Hikerhead has been a great trail guide and host during my first two weeks here in Roanoke. He is a walking encyclopedia of the trails and mountains here. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you on the trail!

Lugnut
02-19-2008, 22:55
Easyhiker. Mostly for the entertainment! :eek:

kirbysf
02-19-2008, 23:01
It is hard to tell. From most or the threads I've read on this site too many sound like inmature kids. I probably have to hike with someone for a few days to decide.

sheepdog
02-19-2008, 23:38
I'd like to hike with Footslogger, Montego, and Fiddleback. That way I would be the young one. :sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-19-2008, 23:40
Well, I'm on record as wanting to hike with Miss Janet and Dixicritter. We are all slow hikers who love to laugh.

There are many others I would like to hike with if I could keep up with them - LW & Gypsy, Matthewski, the hen hikers, the Lion King, Warraghy, Ron Haven, StarLyte, the entirety of Household 6 (Rock, Dixi, Sunny-Dog and the kids), Oblivious from 2005, D'Artagnan, and I'm sure some I will kick myself for not listing later.

The couple I'd most like to hike with is Jack Tarlin and Warren Doyle - two people who know a lot about the trail and whose conversation would provide entertainment all the way to Katahdin and back :D

Footslogger
02-19-2008, 23:44
I'd like to hike with Footslogger, Montego, and Fiddleback. That way I would be the young one. :sun

============================

LOL 52 and you'd be the YOUNG one !!

I love it ...

'Slogger

ChinMusic
02-20-2008, 00:04
Fiddlehead after he finishes the Phuket trail.

Thoughtful Owl
02-20-2008, 00:16
There are many on WB I would enjoy hiking with. I love to pick others brains and gleening as much as I can from them. Two that pop in my head immediately are my friend DAKS and Slogger.

Thoughtful Owl
02-20-2008, 00:19
I'll answer for Hikerhead..........it wants to hike with David Horton........but I don't think he's a WhiteBlazer. I must say Hikerhead has been a great trail guide and host during my first two weeks here in Roanoke. He is a walking encyclopedia of the trails and mountains here. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you on the trail!

J5man, glad Hikerhead is treating you real hospitable and welcome to Central VA. The weekend of the 9th I was out on the trail in the Catawba Mtn. area too, though we didn't meet. I have know David Horton for a long time and I can't keep up with him, not so sure Hikerhead could either.

neo
02-20-2008, 00:26
:)i would say starlyte,i think she is beautiful.:cool:neo

Hikerhead
02-20-2008, 02:23
J5man, glad Hikerhead is treating you real hospitable and welcome to Central VA. The weekend of the 9th I was out on the trail in the Catawba Mtn. area too, though we didn't meet. I have know David Horton for a long time and I can't keep up with him, not so sure Hikerhead could either.

Too bad we didn't meet up with you, we got started early.

Keeping up with Horton doing the SNP 100, no way. The 2 miles down Tinker Mtn to the Pizza hut...I think I could :)

gumball
02-20-2008, 06:22
Hey Gumball!

I'm pickin' on you:D, but Baltimore Jack and Jack Tarlin are....one in the same person!!!:eek:

Lol, that's okay, I need to pay attention better!

gumball
02-20-2008, 06:24

The next time we are in Damascus, and I'm sure we'll be back in the next year or two, we'll let you know. I'd love to meet you and hike with you.

AT-HITMAN2005
02-20-2008, 07:18
everyone on here are interesting in there own way, so all would be welcome.

I did hike with hobojoe in '05 a little just before pearisburg when he found a lost puppy being trained for hunting. the poor dog didn't want to walk anymore so we all worked together to get it off the mountain. collar had a phone number on it so everything turned out ok...i guess.

notorius tic
02-20-2008, 08:24
Gandolff an Hide they are great people an you smile on every turn... Also Niner.. My best friend.. He made it MAINE an now calls it home.. Check him out hes a residient at Nothern Outdoors.. He will take you white water rafting<::: good time<: An its cold azzz hell there now.. Sent me pics 8ft of drift? Florida guy in Maine full time ? ill post some in a min...

rcli4
02-20-2008, 08:40
I was refering to Warren Doyle, but I'd hike with you too! I'm sure i'd enjoy the company of a lot of folks on WB while hiking. I've hiked briefly with Bluebearee, Jan Liteshoe and Old Fhart.

I hiked the Long Trail with Jan Liteshoe and she wrote a damned book about it. I think you can find it somewhere on this web site.:D

Clyde

Roots
02-20-2008, 08:40
Group 1: LilRed, Roots, Tenacious Tenasi, SuzyQHoo, 1Pint, AmazonWoman. Would the laughter ever end?

Group 2: Marta and Jan, what inspiration!

Group 3: those that Ive hiked with and look forward to hiking with again; Skidsteer, GeneRoll, Ewker, Eman, Linda, Hikernutt (& hubby), 1Pint, Mountain Man, Hammock Hanger

Group 4: have not hiked with, but one day! Sly, Lone Wolf, Mags, J5man, Miss Janet, Mr Parkay, Nimblewell Nomad, FishinFred, D'artagnan, Gungho, HOI, Lipstick, MeanJean, Stumpknocker

Im sure Ive left out many, so please dont take offense!

This is probably as close as it gets for my list, also.

What a trip that would be ladies. We need to work on that one this year.:banana

rcli4
02-20-2008, 08:42

I'll be in Damascus in late October. We'll hike then. Bring me a fried pie like ya did Stumpknocker

Clyde

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 08:43
all rightie then

Hooch
02-20-2008, 08:53
I'm like a lot of you guys. Although I have a regular hiking partner, I'd be more than happy and willing to hike with about anyone here. However, people I would go out of my way to hike with:

GungHo and Roots
Lone Wolf
SGT Rock and Dixicritter
Cuffs
Cindy from Indy
The Dino's
Marta (as if I could dream of keeping up!:D)
Hog on Ice
1 Pint
Mowgli
Skidsteer
Fishin' Fred
Sly

Just my $0.02. :D

Cindy from Indy
02-20-2008, 09:04
I'd like to hike with a person/persons who have lived interesting lives. Which would basically be any life other than mine! :D

But in particular I'd like to hike with: Hooch, Lone Wolf, Warren Doyle, the Lady Dino;) and Dixiecritter!

TOW
02-20-2008, 09:23
The couple I'd most like to hike with is Jack Tarlin and Warren Doyle - two people who know a lot about the trail and whose conversation would provide entertainment all the way to Katahdin and back :D
If you can arrainge that hike I will tag along and I write a story about it. It will become a best seller no doubt.:D

Thoughtful Owl
Too bad we didn't meet up with you, we got started early.

Keeping up with Horton doing the SNP 100, no way. The 2 miles down Tinker Mtn to the Pizza hut...I think I could :)

We could all probably keep up and maybe out pace Horton if he came down with a case of the hemorrhoids like he did when running the transcontinental crossing. (You have to read his book, A Quest for Adventure) I lmao reading this thing.

TO

Amphibious D
teatree

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 09:24
We could all probably keep up and maybe out pace Horton if he came down with a case of the hemorrhoids like he did when running the transcontinental crossing. (You have to read his book, A Quest for Adventure) I lmao reading this thing.

TO

i crewed him on that run from Ohio into Central Park, NYC

TOW
02-20-2008, 09:26
Another few I want to hike with is Terry7, Roy, and Lone Wolf. I know these guys will keep my pace which maybe anywhere from 2-10 miles a day. More like 2.

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 09:29
Another few I want to hike with is Terry7, Roy, and Lone Wolf. I know these guys will keep my pace which maybe anywhere from 2-10 miles a day. More like 2.

it's official. Roy bought a house here and just got back from florida with a pickup truch. hiker trash bites the dust

cannonball
02-20-2008, 09:34
all rightie then
Seriously doubt if I could keep pace with you hiking but would like to go beer for beer with ya.

Tin Man
02-20-2008, 09:45
I would hike with any of you guys, ladies too.

TOW
02-20-2008, 09:45
I would hike with any of you guys, ladies too.
you ole hound dog..................:D

Tin Man
02-20-2008, 09:47
you ole hound dog..................:D

What does that mean? :confused:

Wonder
02-20-2008, 10:20
Belew, Pirate, Lone Wolf, Gypsy, and CaseyB........we wouldn't get very far or get there very fast......but it would be a blast!!!!!! We've gotta put that together.......

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 10:21
Belew, Pirate, Lone Wolf, Gypsy, and CaseyB........we wouldn't get very far or get there very fast......but it would be a blast!!!!!! We've gotta put that together.......

wee willie the prince of whales too

Cookerhiker
02-20-2008, 10:22
There are so many WBers I'd like to hike with that I hesitate to list anyone in particular. A couple of years ago there was a thread asking for top 10 fellow WBers to hike with, a rule being it had to be someone you hadn't hiked with before. I don't remember who I listed but 10 wasn't enough.

I've hiked with 3 WBers at different times, all of whom are very pleasant hiking partners: Northern Harrier (a WBer but he never posts), Deb, and HikerHead. But as I said, there are so many others....

Wonder
02-20-2008, 10:24

Once he's in town, he must come.......IT"S A TRIP!!!!!!:D Really, I'll prolly be tripping a lot....

D'Artagnan
02-20-2008, 10:34
Minnesota Smith -- that way I wouldn't have to carry TP or Water! :D

Wonder
02-20-2008, 10:43
Minnesota Smith -- that way I wouldn't have to carry TP or Water! :D

.......or anything else really. Just sneak it in his pack...he'll never know.
It'll leave room in your pack for the Glenifddich:D

Lugnut
02-20-2008, 13:16
:
it's official. Roy bought a house here and just got back from florida with a pickup truch. hiker trash bites the dust

Do you suppose he will cook by campfire out in the yard? :D

hobojoe
02-20-2008, 13:31
everyone on here are interesting in there own way, so all would be welcome.

I did hike with hobojoe in '05 a little just before pearisburg when he found a lost puppy being trained for hunting. the poor dog didn't want to walk anymore so we all worked together to get it off the mountain. collar had a phone number on it so everything turned out ok...i guess.
I returned it to its rightful owner, He gave me 3 dollars, one for every tooth he had. Remember? I gave little honey buns a piece of bread and he tried to bury it for later....Awwww Huney buns. Then we carried it 6 miles into pearisburg. Can't wait to hike with ya again someday Hitman.

Oh yeah, I want to hike with Wonder we spent some time hanging ou last year at trail daze and Hardcore she rocks.

Wonder
02-20-2008, 13:39
Oh yeah, I want to hike with Wonder we spent some time hanging ou last year at trail daze and Hardcore she rocks.Awwwww......anytime! You know where to find me!:banana

minnesotasmith
02-20-2008, 13:39
.......or anything else really. Just sneak it in his pack...he'll never know.
It'll leave room in your pack for the Glenifddich:D

What the heck is Glenifddich? Some kind of Celtic beer?

hobojoe
02-20-2008, 13:40
Just a little bit of heaven at 80 proof, that's all.

Wonder
02-20-2008, 13:41

Really?? YOu're missing out. Glenfiddich 28 year special reserve is one of my favorite scotches

DawnTreader
02-20-2008, 13:42
Warrgiyagi, Pan, and Smee

minnesotasmith
02-20-2008, 13:42
Really?? YOu're missing out. Glenfiddich 28 year special reserve is one of my favorite scotches

I'm more of a strong English mead, Chambord, and blackberry brandy kind of a guy. Thanks for the clarification, though.

gsingjane
02-20-2008, 13:54
I think I would enjoy hiking with Weary or Frosty. From reading their posts, I feel we have somewhat similar sensibilities towards the trail, and I think I would learn a lot. Jester2000's posts always make me laugh and so I think he would, too. I have seen posts from Wolf23000 from time to time and think, again, I'd learn a lot, but I highly doubt I could keep up with him.

Jane in CT

Pennsylvania Rose
02-20-2008, 14:17
I'll hike with just about anyone here. The question is, would they want to hike with me? They'd have to put up with how slow I am, and with my regular hiking partners.

Cuffs
02-20-2008, 14:26
Jane reminded me, I left out a very important person that I want to hike with again... FROSTY!!!!

SawnieRobertson
02-20-2008, 14:45
Ponderer will do.--Kinnickinic

alaska moose
02-20-2008, 15:17
sheepdog! He seem really awsome . . .

gungho
02-20-2008, 15:30
I am always up for a good hike. There are to many WBer's to name,don't want to leave anybody out..

Let's stop talking about it and start planning it.... Once you have picked your partners where would you want to hike???

sheepdog
02-20-2008, 15:56
sheepdog! He seem really awsome . . .
I will probably be doing a picture rocks hike with my sons this year. Maybe you can go along.

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 16:33
In a word, Dawn Treader (ok two words)(THE El Duderino -"Tapawingo!!). The stars certainly seem aligned for a southward bound hike on the AT this year with DTread.:sun
Also folks I may get to hike a few miles with this year, Woodsy (the man, the legend) Shades of Gray and ATTroll if they have a spare day or two in June, Dino and Wolf (hopefully) as we enter the southern AT.

Folks I'd like to hike with (Bear in mind I've never actually met any of these or the above other than DTread and Woodsy),
Bear Paw
Wrongway08
Camojack
EWS
Envirodiver
Cuffs
Starlyte + Kev
Amazonwoman
Lilred
Tater
BJack
Pete the Weasel (a fellow Mobster) - trail name: smokey
AFrame - Twix
Ryan207 - Hot Pursuit
Dixi and
Rock - who I'll be crossing paths with somewhere in NH I imagine
And many others here at WB for sure.

Also all the Mobsters:
Brit
True Grit
Shanghai
Buddha
Supernova (also a WBer)

and for sure - Tom Lavardi
:sun:sun:sun:sun
Mobsters on the trail again SOBO8!!!

Hooch
02-20-2008, 16:37
Let's stop talking about it and start planning it.... Once you have picked your partners where would you want to hike??? I have been wanting to do the Springer to Neel's Gap section for a while now. Doc and I are going to try and do that one soon. We've got maps and the guidebook for the section on order now. Hopefully, get can knock that out some time in March or so. Yes, I know it's going to be crowded. :eek: We want to have the entire Springer to Standing Indian section knocked out by the fall and then start going from there. :D

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 17:03
There's so many I can think of that I'm too afraid to start listing for fear I'll leave someone off the list and hurt someone's feelings. Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB so I wouldn't be much of a challenge for any of y'all, but I'd be willing to give it a go. ;)

Hooch
02-20-2008, 17:15
.......Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB.......I dunno about that. :rolleyes:

Footslogger
02-20-2008, 17:26
Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB so I wouldn't be much of a challenge for any of y'all, but I'd be willing to give it a go. ;)

====================================

You have kidney stones too Dixie ??

'Slogger

AT-HITMAN2005
02-20-2008, 17:31
I returned it to its rightful owner, He gave me 3 dollars, one for every tooth he had. Remember? I gave little honey buns a piece of bread and he tried to bury it for later....Awwww Huney buns. Then we carried it 6 miles into pearisburg. Can't wait to hike with ya again someday Hitman.

Oh yeah, I want to hike with Wonder we spent some time hanging ou last year at trail daze and Hardcore she rocks.

i know you returned it, my statement was for the fact of whether or not it was the right thing to do. considering the owner of the animal.:-?

Lilred
02-20-2008, 18:02
I'll be starting in Catawba on May 25th. Anyone want to tag along, you're more than welcome.

Red Hat
02-20-2008, 18:09
There's so many I can think of that I'm too afraid to start listing for fear I'll leave someone off the list and hurt someone's feelings.

I actually put my foot on the AT first hiking with Warren Doyle. I'd do it again, too. I'd like to hike with Baltimore Jack, too, but definitely not at the same time. That would be really weird and I'm a peacemaker!

I loved hiking with Hopeful Hiker, Yappy, and everyone else from 2005. But like Dixie, I'm not making a list, cause I'd hurt someone's feelings.

leeki pole
02-20-2008, 18:15
Shoot, I'd hike with anybody here and consider it a compliment. We have our differences but one thing binds us together....the Trail. Hike on!

Mags
02-20-2008, 18:30
I actually put my foot on the AT first hiking with Warren Doyle. I'd do it again, too. I'd like to hike with Baltimore Jack, too, but definitely not at the same time. That would be really weird and I'm a peacemaker!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2be6jGwLoJ0 :-?

Jan LiteShoe
02-20-2008, 18:34
I hiked the Long Trail with Jan Liteshoe and she wrote a damned book about it.
Clyde

A dirty job, but somebody had to do it...
:)

Belew
02-20-2008, 18:36

I think it will be more of a party than a hike and you know we have to finish it at the D.I. Maybe we can do this before the official start of traildaze. :-?

Tin Man
02-20-2008, 18:40
I think I would enjoy hiking with Weary or Frosty. From reading their posts, I feel we have somewhat similar sensibilities towards the trail, and I think I would learn a lot. Jester2000's posts always make me laugh and so I think he would, too. I have seen posts from Wolf23000 from time to time and think, again, I'd learn a lot, but I highly doubt I could keep up with him.

Jane in CT

Hey neighbor, maybe our paths will cross one of these days and we can compare notes on some of these characters. :)

Cookerhiker
02-20-2008, 19:04
I dug out the previous incarnation of this thread.http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12245

Has anyone changed their mind?:D

Jack Tarlin
02-20-2008, 19:07
Fun thread, great comments, especially Gumball, who evidently would enjoy hiking with me AND with Baltimore Jack. :D

Gunmball, you're welcome to join me anytime you like. As for Baltimore Jack, I hear his knee is much improved and that his lazy fat ass is going to be somewhere in North Georgia, around St. Patrick's Day, slouching northwards, slowly.

I look forward to joining him, as we hike at a similar pace. And so should you.

bfitz
02-20-2008, 19:43
Baltimore Jack Tarlin's method of making a hiking partner keep pace with him...

First, get in front.

Then, engage victim in a fervent argument or debate.

When going uphill and you need a brief rest-stop, turn around to stop and emphasize a particular point face to face so that he cannot just pass but must stop and listen.

Never let him get in front.

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 19:49
. Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB so I wouldn't be much of a challenge for any of y'all, but I'd be willing to give it a go. ;)
Slower than Dino?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/hiding.gif

Fly Rod
02-20-2008, 19:54
Nimblewell Nomad. Later I could hang out in the workshop with Skids and Zeph. Then my head would explode from the increased knowledge.

Jack Tarlin
02-20-2008, 20:11
Actually, Bfitz is laboring under the impression that I was TRYING to make him keep pace with me.

Actually, our partnership would work something like this:

I'd break camp around seven. Sometimes, I'd surprise him with a cup of coffee, but he was generally in no state to hike in the early AM, so I'd ditch him. He usually would get going around ten-thirty.

Being younger and fitter (tho not by much), he'd pass me sometime in the mid-afternoon and would then get well ahead of me, tho he takes a lot of breaks in the afternoon, including a long one, just before four-thirty. :rolleyes:

Which means we'd usually meet up at the end of the day. I'd cook a big dinner (which he'd happily eat a good deal of, as his cooking sorta sucks). We'd have coffee and a drink (my coffee, my drink), and then head off to bed.

Next day, same thing.

Sometimes, the best hiking partners in the world are the ones you don't actually hike with. :D

DAKS
02-20-2008, 20:12
i'll hike with just about anybody. always looking for someone to join me. some hikers that come to mind though:
montego(we got colorado roots)
thoughtful owl(we are both scouters)
juma(already hiked with him, he is a hiking machine!)
lone wolf(i enjoy his one liners like "shelters blow" etc. and his trail wisdom)
hog on ice(just because)
neighbor dave(seems like a fun guy)
baltimore jack(because of his trail wisdom)
wildcowboy.......maybe???(if i can keep up with him?)
as i said though, i would enjoy hiking with just about anyone from WB. i enjoy BS'ing at the end of a long day!:D hope to meet some WB members this spring and summer!!! see you on the trail!

bfitz
02-20-2008, 20:13
Sometimes, the best hiking partners in the world are the ones you don't actually hike with. :DAmen, brother. ;)

DAKS
02-20-2008, 20:15
baltimore jack, I'LL BRING THE DRINK! what's yer' poison?

Jack Tarlin
02-20-2008, 20:17
Well, if I'm buying, it's Jim Beam.

But since you asked......Knob Creek will do just fine! :D

DAKS
02-20-2008, 20:26
Well, if I'm buying, it's Jim Beam.

But since you asked......Knob Creek will do just fine! :D

consider it done! just so long as you boil the water for the ramen!!!:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 20:34
There's so many I can think of that I'm too afraid to start listing for fear I'll leave someone off the list and hurt someone's feelings. Let's just say I'm probably one of the slowest hikers on WB so I wouldn't be much of a challenge for any of y'all, but I'd be willing to give it a go. ;)
Slower than Dino?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/hiding.gifActually, Dino is a little slower than Dixi - D'Artagnan can vouch for this info :D.

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 20:35
After reading Jack's post I definitely would add bfitz to my main list.:sun

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 20:37
consider it done! just so long as you boil the water for the ramen!!!:DJack eating lowly ramen - I don't think so. Jack is a great cook - his spice bag weighs more than my pack :p

jackpot
02-20-2008, 21:37
Cindy From Indy...........For Sure!!

Gaiter
02-20-2008, 21:38
Gaitor I would always say yes to hiking with. She may need someone to put out the fire......

lol, i pour the water first now, the danger of me setting myself on fire has gone down dramatically

Kirby
02-20-2008, 21:49
Let's see:
Any and all people on this site who are admins/mods.

Wolf strikes me as someone who would be interesting to hike with, along with Jack Tarlin.

There are many more, just throwing some names out there,
Kirby

Kirby
02-20-2008, 21:52
Can't forget Goat, Bfitz, Mweinstone, and everyone else I met at Trashgiving, or met in the wilderness this summer (That's you Robo).

Kirby

map man
02-21-2008, 00:12
MOWGLI and weary. They've hiked a lot of trails and done a lot of work on behalf of trails, so I think I'd enjoy picking their brains. I'm just going by on-line impressions here, because I've never met any WBers. Hopefully, if my planned section hike from Springer to Fontana doesn't fall through this September (first time hiking the AT!), I'll run into a WBer or two on the trail.

Footslogger
02-21-2008, 00:15
No one has said yet that they'd rather hike with themselves ...eg alone.

Interesting ...

'Slogger

Gaiter
02-21-2008, 01:48

i'll say it :eek:, i started to earlier, i rather hike alone, but when it comes to arriving at a campsite or shelter or stopping at a spot for 1st, 2nd or 3rd snack/lunch break, it would be an honor to share it w/ any of yall :sun

warraghiyagey
02-21-2008, 01:59
I'm suddenly inspired to add Austex to my list.:sun

envirodiver
02-21-2008, 02:01
Lot's of people that seem cool on this site. I'd like to run into a bunch of them on the trail.

Hooch
02-21-2008, 09:07
I think I'd have to add Matthewski, Baltimore Jack, Bearpaw, and Miss Janet to my would go outof my way list.

D'Artagnan
02-21-2008, 09:39
Actually, Dino is a little slower than Dixi - D'Artagnan can vouch for this info :D.

Yeah, but slow and steady wins the race. :D (And getting the Mod's "inside scoop" was priceless!) Can't wait til Trail Days. Have you gals decided where you're hanging your hats this year?

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 09:42
Slower than Dino?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/hiding.gif
Actually, Dino is a little slower than Dixi - D'Artagnan can vouch for this info :D.

She's right... that's why I said I'm "one of the slowest"... ;)

====================================

You have kidney stones too Dixie ??

'Slogger

LOL... nahh, just RA. ;):eek:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 09:50
Yeah, but slow and steady wins the race. :D (And getting the Mod's "inside scoop" was priceless!) Can't wait til Trail Days. Have you gals decided where you're hanging your hats this year?I don't believe either of us plans to go this year - if the Dinos go, they will camp or motel away from Damascus and just drive in on Saturday to check out the vendors and walk thru the tent city to say hi to people . Dinos just aren't party animals.

jersey joe
02-21-2008, 10:03
It would be entertaining to hike with both Warren and Jack and listen to them go at it.

Almost There
02-21-2008, 10:09
Whiteblaze members Hike?!? I thought most of ya' were a bunch of pack-sniffin' cyber hikers!!!:eek::D

Thoughtful Owl
02-21-2008, 10:23

Interesting ...

'Slogger

Ok, I confess...There are times I do like to hike alone. Just me and my thoughts (Am I still alone if my thoughts are with me?) But I just enjoy being out on the trail so I would hike with anyone here on WB or else where. If I don't like their company, I either speed up, slow down or stop just to get away from them.

Ok, confession over!

TO

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 10:30
Yeah, but slow and steady wins the race. :D (And getting the Mod's "inside scoop" was priceless!) Can't wait til Trail Days. Have you gals decided where you're hanging your hats this year?

Most likely will be staying in TN this year. This Critter will probably be working.

Lone Wolf
02-21-2008, 10:50
Most likely will be staying in TN this year. This Critter will probably be working.

if you've been to 1 trail days, you've been to them all

StarLyte
02-21-2008, 10:57
Whiteblaze members Hike?!? I thought most of ya' were a bunch of pack-sniffin' cyber hikers!!!:eek::D

I 'fess up .... this is me!

For another month or so.

Blissful
02-21-2008, 10:59
Is this a popularity contest? :) Reminds me of picking for teams in grade school. I was always picked last. But I was glad to meet WB members on the trail or elsewhere and match faces with names. I felt in ways I already knew them, but really did not until we met face to face. I need to meet a lot more, hopefully at Trail Days.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 11:00
Can I add Granny Gatewood to my list? I think she would have been a WBer if computers had been around in her day.

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 11:02
Is this a popularity contest? :)

That's why I refused to make a list. I know I'd leave someone off mine that I'd love to hike with and there by hurt someone's feelings. There are just way too many wonderful people on this site to choose from... Don't you agree? :)

Jaybird
02-21-2008, 11:03
i guess i'd like to hike with Lone Wolf a few more miles...
then maybe Baltimore Jack:D

"Jigsaw" & I will be section-hiking out in the SHENNIES this April 26-May10 if any of you WHITE BLAZE folks are in the neighborhood....come on along!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 11:05
If you guys want to set up some WB hikes - put the announcements in the hooking up section.

Tinker
02-21-2008, 11:10
Lone Wolf, I guess.

Besides being from my home state, he's the one who first comes to mind when I think of someone who tells it the way he sees it.
No mind games.

weary
02-21-2008, 11:28
It would be entertaining to hike with both Warren and Jack and listen to them go at it.
They would be the epitome of politeness. They only play at anger during winter doldrums.

jersey joe
02-21-2008, 11:30
They would be the epitome of politeness. They only play at anger during winter doldrums.

You are probably right. Though I've never met either, I wouldn't be surprised if they are more alike than they let on here on WhiteBlaze.

weary
02-21-2008, 11:35
Lone Wolf, I guess.

Besides being from my home state, he's the one who first comes to mind when I think of someone who tells it the way he sees it.
No mind games.

Clue him in Lone Wolf about how after years of practice, you're become the internet's champion mind gamer. :)

Weary

Mags
02-21-2008, 11:48
if you've been to 1 trail days, you've been to them all

I went to one Trail Daze back in 1999. Have not been back since. Prefer a more low key Gathering (or Ruck).

But, that's just me.

Lone Wolf
02-21-2008, 11:49
I went to one Trail Daze back in 1999. Have not been back since. Prefer a more low key Gathering (or Ruck).

But, that's just me.

me too.....

Almost There
02-21-2008, 11:57
That's why I refused to make a list. I know I'd leave someone off mine that I'd love to hike with and there by hurt someone's feelings. There are just way too many wonderful people on this site to choose from... Don't you agree? :)

Yeah, I don't wanna hike with none of ya' anyways!!!:( I'll just hike by ya' instead!:D

Alligator
02-21-2008, 12:04
I'm still good with my original list, any of the mods/admin, plus many other WBer's, even some who might not think I like them, and even all those people who have reduced me to the fetal position on so many occasions. It's a wonder I can get up off the floor and type sometimes. **Sob**

Of course, I generally have a particular overall mileage goal to keep, sectioning is somewhat rigid in that regard. Let's see, there's also adult beverage at times, somewhat late starts, and the occasional night hiking. Oh and fires are good and NO thru-hiker midnight. Cards aren't necessary but greatly improve morale. Let's see, did I leave anything out...umm there must be occasional breaks in conversation or my head may explode. I don't mind talking about gear provided it's a two-way conversation. If you fetch water I can fetch wood. Earplugs, yes earplugs for you are helpful for your sleeping pleasure.

Cuffs
02-21-2008, 15:10

If people get their feelings hurt because of a slight overlook... geeezzzz.

and there are a few Wb'ers that I have hiked with that I hope to never run across again on the trail...:eek:

max patch
02-21-2008, 15:25
If I'm not hiking with my wife and/or kids I'd prefer to hike by myself.

But I'll chat for a few minutes with just about anyone I run into when I take a break at a shelter.

GGS2
02-21-2008, 15:34
Lone Wolf, I guess.

No mind games.

Lone Wolf? No mind games? :-?

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 15:56

and there are a few Wb'ers that I have hiked with that I hope to never run across again on the trail...:eek:

Sorry you have had negative experiences. I guess your mileage varies vastly from mine then. :)

Tin Man
02-21-2008, 17:56

My feelings are hurt, pass the beer nuts.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 18:01
I haven't hiked with whole lot of of WBs, but those I have have been delight.

Cuffs
02-21-2008, 18:14
My feelings are hurt, pass the beer nuts.

Whats the difference between beer nuts and deer... oh never mind...

We do need to chat Tin Man! I only got a glimpse of your kitchen set up at SoRuck... need more info!

peanuts
02-21-2008, 18:16
cuff, wrong tin man......

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 18:17
cuff, wrong tin man......Yes, this Tin Man isn't the AntiGravityGear guy - that's TinMan

Tin Man
02-21-2008, 18:19
cuff, wrong tin man......

Yes, this Tin Man isn't the AntiGravityGear guy - that's TinMan

Shhhh! If she wants a Tin Man, then who are you to discourage her? :)

Sly
02-21-2008, 18:58
I'd like to hike with anyone that's not in a big hurry. If they know the name of flowers, trees and birds etc, that's a plus. I suck at it.

Almost There
02-21-2008, 19:46
I'd like to hike with anyone that's not in a big hurry. If they know the name of flowers, trees and birds etc, that's a plus. I suck at it.

Me too, but I know my beers and bourbons!!!:D

Hammock Hanger
02-21-2008, 20:15
so do i :)

Hammock Hanger
02-21-2008, 20:17
:)i would say starlyte,i think she is beautiful.:cool:neo

so do i :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 20:20
I'm grabbing HH as my hiking partner. I miss you.
::: Dino curls tail around Sue and gives her a big hug :::

Hammock Hanger
02-21-2008, 20:28
I'm grabbing HH as my hiking partner. I miss you.
::: Dino curls tail around Sue and gives her a big hug :::

Thank you for that BIG she-dino hug!! I mostly lurk these days, but still follow some threads that interest me or have post by a few of my favs.

I have hike with so many WBlazers and pretty much had a nice time with them all. There are many more I hope to meet on the trail or at a ruck or get together some day.

mrc237
02-21-2008, 20:55
Anyone here thats not a packsniffer. If Janey turns me down.

DAKS
02-21-2008, 20:58

okay, i want to hike with you for yer' wisdom of beer and bourbon!!!:D

Almost There
02-21-2008, 21:22
okay, i want to hike with you for yer' wisdom of beer and bourbon!!!:D

I've even gota pretty good handle on how to spot pubs and drinkin' holes on the trail...I've even learned their elusive and often hard to understand calls!:D

Dances with Mice
02-21-2008, 21:43
If they know the name of flowers, trees and birds etc, that's a plus. I can name them all unless you're picky about accuracy.

Jan LiteShoe
02-21-2008, 22:17

Perfect!
Hike me over some of the CDT someday.
You teach navigation, I'll make up some names. I'll come up with some doozies.
:sun

Jim Adams
02-22-2008, 01:43
I've even gota pretty good handle on how to spot pubs and drinkin' holes on the trail...I've even learned their elusive and often hard to understand calls!:D

need to hike with ChickenMan....he can smell a pub from 5 miles down the trail!:D

geek

minnesotasmith
02-22-2008, 02:41

A geologist? Wouldn't it be nice to know what you're cursing at in PA, or alternately being both awed and intimidated by in NH and ME? ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-22-2008, 09:15
::: Dino seen taking wildlife, wildflower and fungus ID courses so she can hike with Sly - no danger of going too fast :::

Cuffs
02-22-2008, 11:34
Sorry you have had negative experiences. I guess your mileage varies vastly from mine then. :)

Why be sorry for the sorry folks? Some people are just not good for the woods (littering, throwing their food scraps into the stream...) I never want to hike with these kinds of people. And when you do mileage, you will run across folks like that...

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 12:06
Why be sorry for the sorry folks? Some people are just not good for the woods (littering, throwing their food scraps into the stream...) I never want to hike with these kinds of people. And when you do mileage, you will run across folks like that...

Again, sorry YOU have had some bad experiences. So far I haven't and I count myself lucky in that respect I suppose.

Cuffs
02-22-2008, 12:42
Other than those 2 people, I had a great time, no need for sorries...

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 12:43
Other than those 2 people, I had a great time, no need for sorries...

Fine.... Geez...

envirodiver
02-22-2008, 12:54
There are a lot of interesting folks on here that would make for a good hike.

I've been lurking this thread for a while and have come to the conclusion that I'd also like to walk a few miles w/ some of the folks who rub me the wrong way (not commit to a bunch of miles on the front end LOL), cause people are a lot different sometimes in person or on the trail than in person, could be fun.

Smile
02-22-2008, 12:58
Big hug to DixiCritter :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-22-2008, 13:08
Big hug to DixiCritter :)Wish Dixi and I could join in on a portion of the HenHike... any way we could make that happen while y'all are near Newfound Gap or Davenport Gap?

::: Dino flashes big sad puppy-dog eyes :::

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 13:11
Big hug to DixiCritter :)

Wish Dixi and I could join in on a portion of the HenHike... any way we could make that happen while y'all are near Newfound Gap or Davenport Gap?

::: Dino flashes big sad puppy-dog eyes :::

That sounds like a good idea to me too. :)

doggiebag
02-22-2008, 13:27
I've met so many great folks on this site. In that respect I can honestly say that the WB member that I would love to hike with is - the one's that I haven't met yet. Awwwwwww. I just feel good because I'm indoors and well fed. :D

Chaco Taco
02-25-2008, 02:49
I'm gonna say again Miss Janet even though she refuses, I'm very patient......pleeeeaaase! Next choice Colenel Chaco because he is bursting with life at every turn, Love ya Chaco.

Awwww, youuu:bse

As for me, I would love to hike with Hobojoe,fun soul. However there is one person that has intrigued me as of late, Wakapak. Soon girl, soon.
I have had the honor of hiking some with Snappy (kytrailman), and Little Bear. Looking forward to heading out with them and mbanja in March for a week. By the way, anyone bringing whiskey?? Ill be packing some Irish whiskey for the occasion.
Would like to hike with Wonder, Belew, Starlyte, Hammock Hanger, Kirby, Jack, LW (I think Id drive him loco, not in a bad way), Footslogger, Jack Daniels, John Jameson, Jim Beam. Just to name a few.

camojack
02-25-2008, 05:00
In a word, Dawn Treader (ok two words)(THE El Duderino -"Tapawingo!!). The stars certainly seem aligned for a southward bound hike on the AT this year with DTread.:sun
Also folks I may get to hike a few miles with this year, Woodsy (the man, the legend) Shades of Gray and ATTroll if they have a spare day or two in June, Dino and Wolf (hopefully) as we enter the southern AT.

Folks I'd like to hike with (Bear in mind I've never actually met any of these or the above other than DTread and Woodsy),
Bear Paw
Wrongway08
Camojack
EWS
Envirodiver
Cuffs
Starlyte + Kev
Amazonwoman
Lilred
Tater
BJack
Pete the Weasel (a fellow Mobster) - trail name: smokey
AFrame - Twix
Ryan207 - Hot Pursuit
Dixi and
Rock - who I'll be crossing paths with somewhere in NH I imagine
And many others here at WB for sure.

Also all the Mobsters:
Brit
True Grit
Shanghai
Buddha
Supernova (also a WBer)

and for sure - Tom Lavardi
:sun:sun:sun:sun
Mobsters on the trail again SOBO8!!!
Well, that's one vote for me...unless you count those who said they'd like to hike with anyone who posts here. :)

fehchet
02-25-2008, 06:21
Fabian my hiking partner would want to come along. And Miss Janet if I can get her out of the van, Lucky Dog (for sure), Ms. LiteShoe (for her fluid mind), my buddies Baltimore Jack and Lone Wolf and Gypsy, The Barefoot Sisters hands down, Teabird (where are you?), and many other wonderful characters I have met at gatherings and rucks and Miss Janet's House or met just putting one foot in front of the other down the trail. And a shout out to Ron Haven (Mr. Haney).

d'shadow
02-25-2008, 13:01

What a wonderful thing to say, thank you Lone Wolf...Most of the hikers I know lack the patience and interest to take someone like me along on a hike. As a former hiker, I fully understand...physical restrictions now limit me to day hikes, and overnight camping. I still love being out there, and had to say thanks, what you said means a lot to someone like me. You rock!:banana

HIKER7s
02-25-2008, 14:26
Thanks to all who suggesting hiking with me. LOL

I like to go under the radar, meeting people out there and suddenly finding there is a connection of sort via whiteblaze, gear talk or other topic. I really want to get to a ruk or gathering to meet some o you people. Once my son is an eagle scout and I can leave the obligation of the scouts (ASM) taking a major portion of my time, I am going to go to these things and hike with more people who know what the deal entails and (a big one) who make it a big deal to be able to do what we do.

EVERYONE HERE

Special want to hike with would be "YOGI" (shes done the PCT like 4-5x, never saw her post on here though)

I'd hike with any Whiteblaze member. But if I get tired of you on the trail, I'll abandon you .... ;) :D

Would that be violating LNT?

Now thats Funny

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 15:02
Fabian my hiking partner would want to come along. And Miss Janet if I can get her out of the van, Lucky Dog (for sure), Ms. LiteShoe (for her fluid mind),

Finally!
I'm wanted for my mind!
:banana

Hooch
02-25-2008, 15:03
Finally!
I'm wanted for my mind!
:bananaInstead of your.....knitting? :D

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 16:29
Instead of your.....knitting? :D

Well, you must admit, my knitting is pretty hot. Can you blame them?

Hooch
02-25-2008, 16:31
Well, you must admit, my knitting is pretty hot. Can you blame them?
:)Not really. ;):D Every guy digs a chick that knits. :rolleyes:

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-25-2008, 17:25
::: Dino wants to hike with Jan for her mind and her knitting :::

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 17:37
::: Dino wants to hike with Jan for her mind and her knitting :::

Done. We'll bring chocolate.

Kerosene
02-25-2008, 17:43
Done. We'll bring chocolate.
:)I'll lug along a nice cabernet if Dino brings the glasses!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-25-2008, 18:17
Dino actually owns some lexan wine glasses..... and Dino will hike anywhere for chocolate :D..... who's bring the yarn and knitting needles?

bfitz
02-25-2008, 18:21
This thread makes me want to have a big Whiteblaze party at traildays. Where everyone wears nametags.

Sly
02-25-2008, 18:25

Yeah, I could use some help there too. A tree is a tree, a beer is a beer and I'm hooked on Beam.

I can name them all unless you're picky about accuracy.

Not really picky since I'm not likely to remember....

Perfect!
Hike me over some of the CDT someday.
You teach navigation, I'll make up some names. I'll come up with some doozies.

In '09 I plan on picking up last years aborted thru-hike. Is it a date?

A geologist? Wouldn't it be nice to know what you're cursing at in PA, or alternately being both awed and intimidated by in NH and ME? ;)

Yeah, hiking with a geologist would be cool. The PCT guidebooks have wonderful descriptions of rocks, rocks and more rocks. If they only had a glossary.

::: Dino seen taking wildlife, wildflower and fungus ID courses so she can hike with Sly - no danger of going too fast :::

Everyone should know their fungus, everyone! ;)

Jack Tarlin
02-25-2008, 18:29
Bfitz:

Re. your comment above, #192.

It's a great idea.

You're in charge, and keep us informed.

bfitz
02-25-2008, 18:34
Oooops. dang it, jack! I'm an idea man. I need an action-item officer. Any volunteers?

Hooch
02-25-2008, 18:38
Yeah, hiking with a geologist would be cool. The PCT guidebooks have wonderful descriptions of rocks, rocks and more rocks. If they only had a glossary. Talk to Ed Speer. :D

Sly
02-25-2008, 19:12
Oooops. dang it, jack! I'm an idea man. I need an action-item officer. Any volunteers?

I would but, I plan on being in sunny southern California come Trail Days.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-25-2008, 19:16
Trail Days - West. It could actually be about hikers.... I like it.

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 19:18
Gotcha hooked up man. I just had a few hundred sticker tags printed up with a big place for the person's name and a cut line that says, if found return to WhiteBlaze Anonymous.

Sly
02-25-2008, 19:19
Trail Days - West. It could actually be about hikers.... I like it.

Well they do have the ADZPCTKO (http://pct77.org/adz/)......

Jack Tarlin
02-25-2008, 19:19
OK, Bfitz, I'll do it, after all, my favorite quote of Sgt. Rock's is that there are two kinds of people: Those who let s*** happen,and those who MAKE s*** happen. :D

I hereby suggest a meeting of any interested Whiteblaze folks at Dot's Cafe in Damascus at High Noon on Saturday 17 May.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 19:21
In '09 I plan on picking up last years aborted thru-hike. Is it a date?

When do we start and where?

A-Train
02-25-2008, 19:35

Can I tag along? We can film "Third Wheel from the CDT". :)

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 19:40
I'd hike with Jan very much for her mind and her writing ability!!

And cuz she's a girl.

:):p

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 19:40

But you'd have to bring chocolate.

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 19:41
I'd hike with Jan very much for her mind and her writing ability!!

And cuz she's a girl.

:):p

Don't forget the knitting, now.

Jan LiteShoe
02-25-2008, 19:42

And hike S-L-O-W-L-Y..., jack rabbit!

A-Train
02-25-2008, 19:44
And hike S-L-O-W-L-Y..., jack rabbit!

I'll be spending most of the time reading the maps figuring out where the heck we are, while you and Sly mosey along, eating my choclate and knitting.

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 19:44
Don't forget the knitting, now.

Not a prerequisite.:sun:p:)

Sly
02-25-2008, 19:46

I have Helena, MT to the Dubois, WY; Rawlins, WY to southern CO; and Pie Town to the Mexican border to finish.

The easiest would be would be part of the 1st section from Macks Inns, WY or West Yellowstone, MT to Dubois, WY which is about 140 miles through Yellowstone and the Teton Wilderness. Not too high, not that much elevation gain/loss, fairly easy to follow etc.

However, I'd be willing to hike the Winds again, which is just after this section and some of the best backpacking in North America.

I need to figure out the best times but generally around the 1st of August is when nobos and sobos pass near Old Faithful.

Marta
02-25-2008, 21:19
I have Helena, MT to the Dubois, WY; Rawlins, WY to southern CO; and Pie Town to the Mexican border to finish.

The easiest would be would be part of the 1st section from Macks Inns, WY or West Yellowstone, MT to Dubois, WY which is about 140 miles through Yellowstone and the Teton Wilderness. Not too high, not that much elevation gain/loss, fairly easy to follow etc.

However, I'd be willing to hike the Winds again, which is just after this section and some of the best backpacking in North America.

I need to figure out the best times but generally around the 1st of August is when nobos and sobos pass near Old Faithful.

That sounds like fun. I'm really starting to feel sorry for myself now.

minnesotasmith
02-25-2008, 23:13
I'll lug along a nice cabernet if Dino brings the glasses!

Who's planning to bring the fava bean? :eek::rolleyes::D

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 23:15
Who's planning to bring the fava bean? :eek::rolleyes::D

Fuh-fuh-fuhfuhfuhfuh

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-25-2008, 23:18

I need to figure out the best times but generally around the 1st of August is when nobos and sobos pass near Old Faithful.::: Dino makes evil plan to stow-away in Sly's pack :::

Hooch
02-25-2008, 23:24
Who's planning to bring the fava bean? :eek::rolleyes::DI thought that went with a nice chianti. Or at least, according to Dr. Lechter, it does. :D

Footslogger
02-25-2008, 23:26
I thought that went with a nice chianti. Or at least, according to Dr. Lechter, it does. :D
=========================

Depends who you're having for dinner .............:eek:

'Slogger

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 23:27
I thought that went with a nice chianti. Or at least, according to Dr. Lechter, it does. :D
Wine's wine when you're about to be made into a skin dress.

minnesotasmith
02-25-2008, 23:30
=========================

Depends who you're having for dinner .............:eek:

'Slogger
==============================
The next question is, of course, who'd go better with white wine, and who with red...:-?

Footslogger
02-25-2008, 23:31
The next question is, of course, who'd go better with white wine, and who with red...:-?

===============================

...ain't touching that one !!

'Slogger

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 23:35

===============================

...ain't touching that one !!

'Slogger

Ooh, ooh, can I try???

Hmmmm. . . let's see.

Ummmmm. . . any English 'royalty' (hmmmph) with white wine.

Angelina with red wine.

Footslogger
02-25-2008, 23:37
Ooh, ooh, can I try???

Hmmmm. . . let's see.

Ummmmm. . . any English 'royalty' (hmmmph) with white wine.

Angelina with red wine.

=============================

Clarise !! ....Clarise !! ...

'Slogger

Hooch
02-25-2008, 23:38
The next question is, of course, who'd go better with white wine, and who with red...:-?Always the intriguing questions, MS. :D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-25-2008, 23:38
Oh my, hiker - the other white meat.

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 23:45

Hence - Hiker Season.:p

Clarisse - Chardonnay

The Loony Bin Warden guy - Thunderbird

rafe
02-25-2008, 23:46

Pre-seasoned. ;)

Footslogger
02-25-2008, 23:46
The Loony Bin Warden guy - Thunderbird

=================================

Too good for him ...I say Boone's Farm !!

'Slogger

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 23:48

'Slogger

Berry or Peach?

Footslogger
02-25-2008, 23:49
Berry or Peach?

================================

Depends which is on sale ...

'Slogger

Hooch
02-25-2008, 23:50

'Slogger

Berry or Peach?Ever had the Apple Boonesfarm? Good stuff! :D

warraghiyagey
02-25-2008, 23:53
Ever had the Apple Boonesfarm? Good stuff! :D

Ummm. . . it's a guilty pleasure.
:o

Footslogger
02-26-2008, 00:04

===================================

Ohhhhh ...could I tell you stories from the 70's !!

'Slogger

rafe
02-26-2008, 01:02

4 AM with your head in the toilet.... talk to me, talk to me..

gungho
02-26-2008, 01:05
4 AM with your head in the toilet.... talk to me, talk to me..
Anyone have Buicks for sell:D

warraghiyagey
02-26-2008, 01:12

'Slogger
Ooooohh, Slog's gonna tell us some 'Dazed and Confused' stories.:sun

envirodiver
02-26-2008, 01:16

'Slogger

You remember the 70's? I'm impressed.:jump

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-26-2008, 07:26
Ever had the Apple Boonesfarm? Good stuff! :DRemember the fruit flavored beers from the 60's? Thank goodness they invented the wine cooler before that stuff scarred the taste buds of another generation :D

HIKER7s
02-26-2008, 07:30
TICKLE PINK
APPLE BLOSSOM
WILD MOUNTAIN
STRAWBERRY HILL

Drank all that Boone's farm stuff. did I miss any?

Then there was the night my (we were HS Jr's.) friend had a bottle o Old Crow.

weary
02-26-2008, 11:48
Hmmm. How can I describe her, "significant other daughter in law?" Anyway at a recent family get-together, she left some alcoholic green tea in my refrigerator. I haven't had the courage to taste it.

Weary

Almost There
02-26-2008, 12:28
Hmmm. How can I describe her, "significant other daughter in law?" Anyway at a recent family get-together, she left some alcoholic green tea in my refrigerator. I haven't had the courage to taste it.

Weary

I just had a fermented tea with grape juice...wow!!! You wanna talk about a weird feeling!!! I couldn't even finish half the bottle. Interesting....taste!

minnesotasmith
02-26-2008, 12:30

They'd be a bit gamy. Marinating overnight in milk probably wouldn't be a bad idea..

warraghiyagey
02-26-2008, 13:52
Hiker meat. MMMmmmmmmmm.
(needs garlic)

Sly
02-26-2008, 13:55
Remember the fruit flavored beers from the 60's? Thank goodness they invented the wine cooler before that stuff scarred the taste buds of another generation :D

No but I remember Bali Hai and Ripple.

d'shadow
02-28-2008, 05:02
Bartles and James wine coolers:)

Marta
02-28-2008, 07:02
I never have answered this question. The answer:

I'll hike with anyone who is
a) Walking
b) Not sniveling...too much. ;)

Oh, yeah, and...
c) Going SOBO.

doggiebag
02-28-2008, 11:53
=============================

Clarise !! ....Clarise !! ...

'Slogger
http://imgsrv.923krock.com/image/wfny3/UserFiles/Image/news_images/buffalo-bill.jpg
It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it get's the hose again ...
It puts the lotion on it's skin or else it get's the hose again!:eek:
It puts the lotion in the basketttt!! :eek::eek:
It puts the lotion in the baskettttt!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Red Hat
02-28-2008, 12:52
I never have answered this question. The answer:

I'll hike with anyone who is
a) Walking
b) Not sniveling...too much. ;)

Oh, yeah, and...
c) Going SOBO.

Yea! That would be me! Can I count on seeing you?

Marta
02-28-2008, 14:08
Yea! That would be me! Can I count on seeing you?

I won't be doing any long hikes on the AT this year, but let me know as you approach TN/NC and I'll make sure I find you some cold weekend this fall or winter.

Jan LiteShoe
02-28-2008, 19:41
That sounds like fun. I'm really starting to feel sorry for myself now.

Wanna section-hike the CDT on the multi-year plan?

Marta
02-28-2008, 19:46
Wanna section-hike the CDT on the multi-year plan?

Yeah, baby! Let's start this year.

Lion King
02-28-2008, 19:49
I'd say Lion King but I cant ever seem to find myself.:D