PDA

View Full Version : My Apologies...

OregonHiker
02-19-2008, 21:04
To FD and DixiCritter...

For anything I posted that was crossed the line, and into the realm a of personal attack. I am sure you both are nice ladies

To The Only Wanderer...
For the post I made regarding you...I wanted to delete it after I got home from work, but the thread was already closed.

To anyone else I have offended...
eff off..:cool:

Just kidding, I truly am sorry

dixicritter
02-19-2008, 21:09
OregonHiker, I would like to put the past behind us and move forward. I accept your apology. :) No hard feelings on my part I assure you.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-19-2008, 21:16
No hard feelings here. :::: Dino curls loving tail around Oregonhiker ::::

Lone Wolf
02-19-2008, 21:22
To FD and DixiCritter...

For anything I posted that was crossed the line, and into the realm a of personal attack. I am sure you both are nice ladies

To The Only Wanderer...
For the post I made regarding you...I wanted to delete it after I got home from work, but the thread was already closed.

To anyone else I have offended...
eff off..:cool:

Just kidding, I truly am sorry

what about me? you accuse me of gettin' special favors and suckin' up to admin. not true. my typing gets deleted a lot. i get quite a few moderator PM warnings. the "nice ladies" take no *hit from anyone. you're still loved oregon. :)

OregonHiker
02-19-2008, 21:25
what about me? you accuse me of gettin' special favors and suckin' up to admin. not true. my typing gets deleted a lot. i get quite a few moderator PM warnings. the "nice ladies" take no *hit from anyone. you're still loved oregon. :)

Awe...especially you.

Wolves are my favorite critters.

If we ever meet....ALL the beer is on me:banana

sheepdog
02-19-2008, 21:31
Awe...especially you.

Wolves are my favorite critters.

If we ever meet....ALL the beer is on me:banana
Boy are you in trouble.:eek: That could get expensive!!

dessertrat
02-19-2008, 21:35
Boy are you in trouble.:eek: That could get expensive!!

Especially when he sees that half of whiteblaze has shown up for it.

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2008, 22:02
Ohh come one LW likes the "Cheep Swill" Yuengling, How much can that be a $1 a bottle?

:)

OregonHiker
02-19-2008, 22:03
Especially when he sees that half of whiteblaze has shown up for it.

We'll get a keg

OregonHiker
02-19-2008, 22:04
Ohh come one LW likes the "Cheep Swill" Yuengling, How much can that be a $1 a bottle?

:)

I said beer

wrongway_08
02-19-2008, 22:04
Whats up with all this lovie-dovie stuff, I dont come to Whiteblaze to read this stuff, I come here to read gosip and tails of hikers dragged through the thorns!!!!! :D .......... :p

FeO2
02-19-2008, 22:05
OK, get it out of your system....

just group hug or something...

Now let's get back to business as usual:p

Lone Wolf
02-19-2008, 22:06
i love all y'all :banana

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-19-2008, 22:07
::: Wrongway seen bandaging toe after Dino 'accidentally' bit them while sing Kumbaya :::

dixicritter
02-19-2008, 22:12
Whats up with all this lovie-dovie stuff, I dont come to Whiteblaze to read this stuff, I come here to read gosip and tails of hikers dragged through the thorns!!!!! :D .......... :p

OK, get it out of your system....

just group hug or something...

Now let's get back to business as usual:p

You know y'all are just jealous... ;) :sun

SGT Rock
02-19-2008, 22:20
dang just when i was wondering today if there was a recent vote for some folks to just be rude to the admins and moderators something like this happens

as for me i never recall you crossing the line with me but i deeply appreciate the spirit of your post

Wise Old Owl
02-19-2008, 22:24
You have a point there Sgt. Rock My Compass just spun 180 degrees today and life is good here at WB.

TOW
02-19-2008, 22:29
Oregonhiker, I never knew you offended me. I'm kinda slow you know.

But since it makes you feel good, I accept your wholehearted apologies.

Tin Man
02-19-2008, 22:30
Apologies, group hugs, proclamations of love, I would hike with any of you??? What the heck is wrong with you all? :eek:

Should take the political forums offline more often with a hint that they might not come back. :banana

dixicritter
02-19-2008, 22:33
Apologies, group hugs, proclamations of love, I would hike with any of you??? What the heck is wrong with you all? :eek:

Should take the political forums offline more often with a hint that they might not come back. :banana

LMAO... you just made me actually laugh out loud and scare my poor little doggie half to death.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-19-2008, 22:35
::: Dino curls a loving tail around Bela the dog :::

Smile
02-19-2008, 22:37
Ahhhhhhhhh. A beautiful post, and a group hug ! WOW! :)

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 05:21
Nice thread OHiker and all.:sun:sun:sun

gold bond
02-20-2008, 10:25
So let me get this straight...all I gotta do is tick off FD, DC and LW and OHiker and there is the possibility of FREE BEER? Yeungling at that......(pausing, thinking of insult).....(still pausing thinking of trash talk)......dang I got nothing. You all are great and I have learned alot from all of you!Thanks!

Wonder
02-20-2008, 10:28
So let me get this straight...all I gotta do is tick off FD, DC and LW and OHiker and there is the possibility of FREE BEER? Yeungling at that......(pausing, thinking of insult).....(still pausing thinking of trash talk)......dang I got nothing. You all are great and I have learned alot from all of you!Thanks!

Don't bother with the with the sweet, sweet, nectar that is Lager......to dark for these guys.....grab a case of Bud Lite and you'll be welcomed with opened arms.........(bring the yuengling for me....it dosen't taste right down here....I need some good ol' PA lager before I scream!!!!!))

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 10:44
So let me get this straight...all I gotta do is tick off FD, DC and LW and OHiker and there is the possibility of FREE BEER? Yeungling at that......(pausing, thinking of insult).....(still pausing thinking of trash talk)......dang I got nothing. You all are great and I have learned alot from all of you!Thanks!::: Gold Bond seen buried in Dino droppings and digging his way out :D :::

Alligator
02-20-2008, 10:49
Don't bother with the with the sweet, sweet, nectar that is Lager......to dark for these guys.....grab a case of Bud Lite and you'll be welcomed with opened arms.........(bring the yuengling for me....it dosen't taste right down here....I need some good ol' PA lager before I scream!!!!!))Actually Wonder most mega-brewery American beers (Bud, Miller, etc) are technically lagers.

Tin Man
02-20-2008, 10:51
Actually Wonder most mega-brewery American beers (Bud, Miller, etc) are technically lagers.

And hot dogs are technically food.

Wonder
02-20-2008, 10:52
AH, but they are not the "lager" As anyone from PA will agree.....when you go into a bar up there, you don't ask for "Yuengling" you just ask for lager. There could be 12 on tap, but that's what they'll pour.......MMmmmmm, how I miss it. It's too sweet down here, I need my Lager with coal-mining mountain water......

gold bond
02-20-2008, 10:59
::: Gold Bond seen buried in Dino droppings and digging his way out :D :::

That being said...where's the beer? For godness sakes I'm wallowing in Dino crap here(see fecie's thread)so I deserve the free beer dagum it!

Now that I think about it....why am I buried in Dino crap...what did I do..it feels so lonely here at the bottom of the pile!

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 11:00
::: Dino feels sorry for Gold Bond, hoses off Dino droppings and hands him a beer :::

Alligator
02-20-2008, 11:01
My homebrew Czek Pils kicks Yuengling butt:D.

More than technically really. Ordinary American beer and Yuengling in terms of beer style are extremely close. Barely any separation at all when considering the wide range of available styles.

gold bond
02-20-2008, 11:02
:D
Don't bother with the with the sweet, sweet, nectar that is Lager......to dark for these guys.....grab a case of Bud Lite and you'll be welcomed with opened arms.........(bring the yuengling for me....it dosen't taste right down here....I need some good ol' PA lager before I scream!!!!!))

Mah all time favorite is BL, but I do likey me some Corona or a Killians Red "Draft" every now and then!:D

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 11:03
My homebrew Czek Pils kicks Yuengling butt:D.

More than technically really. Ordinary American beer and Yuengling in terms of beer style are extremely close. Barely any separation at all when considering the wide range of available styles.

yuengling is overrated. way.

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 11:05
yuengling is overrated. way.

i was raised up in RI on this stuff http://www.narragansettbeer.com/splash.aspx

gold bond
02-20-2008, 11:07
::: Dino feels sorry for Gold Bond, hoses off Dino droppings and hands him a beer :::

Now I'm a feelin' the love! O yeah I can taste it now......cold....oh yeah! O whats that...no boss I ain't drinkin at work...nooooo really....you got to believe me....no that's not WB on my screen that's a new invoice I been putting together for you to check out, now look what you've done...you have spoiled my surprise...now I'm just gonna have to click out of this and start alllllll over!:eek:

Wonder
02-20-2008, 11:08
Ah, yes....I agree that Yuengling is over-rated....and a good medium-bodied malty micro-brew is the bast......but it's kinda like a bite of grandma's chocolate chip cookies....brings ya home. Well, not my grandmas cookies. Love her, but she couldn't cook

Alligator
02-20-2008, 11:15
Just looking to expand America's beer horizons through better information;).

Wonder
02-20-2008, 11:16
I'm in Damascus.....it's light, Lite, and AmberBock

wrongway_08
02-20-2008, 11:16
::: Wrongway seen bandaging toe after Dino 'accidentally' bit them while sing Kumbaya :::

I heard rumors about your toe biting fetish......now I know its true.....:eek:.....:p

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 11:18
I heard rumors about your toe biting fetish......now I know its true.....:eek:.....:pCHOMP
::: Dino listens to Britney singing 'Whoops, I did it again" :::

gold bond
Just looking to expand America's beer horizons through better information;).
I am willimg to quit mah job and all of us just go around the world drinkin' beer and trying and figure out how we can achieve this!;)

Alligator
I'm in Damascus.....it's light, Lite, and AmberBockI hear ya, I stopped in Dot's.:)

Alligator
02-20-2008, 11:24
I am willimg to quit mah job and all of us just go around the world drinkin' beer and trying and figure out how we can achieve this!;)We need a business plan.

I have given long thought to opening my own microbrewery. Maybe if I win the World Series of Poker:D.

Captn
02-20-2008, 11:28
The Pan-ultimate job of all time ....

Microbrew beer critic for the magazine "Beer Weekly".

You would be paid to fly around and taste all those microbrews, which you would get to drink for free, then write a report once a week on the beer you drank.

Ahhhhhhh ....

Jaybird62
02-20-2008, 11:33
Ah, yes....I agree that Yuengling is over-rated....and a good medium-bodied malty micro-brew is the bast......but it's kinda like a bite of grandma's chocolate chip cookies....brings ya home. Well, not my grandmas cookies. Love her, but she couldn't cook
I hear ya on that one. As a former PA girl, surely you have tried yuenglings black & tan, porter, & lord chesterfield ales- they are all good beers. As far as yuengling being overrated, it is cheap where I live. Part of the allure of yuengling is that brewery is America's oldest brewery. It is good stuff:D

gold bond
02-20-2008, 11:35
The Pan-ultimate job of all time ....

Microbrew beer critic for the magazine "Beer Weekly".

You would be paid to fly around and taste all those microbrews, which you would get to drink for free, then write a report once a week on the beer you drank.

Ahhhhhhh ....
Yeah buddy!! Between that and food critic I sure missed the boat when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do fer a livin'!

Tinker
02-20-2008, 11:44
To Lone Wolf:

NASTY-gansett beer is being brewed elsewhere and is available in RI now (other places, too, I'm sure).
They have a dark beer, too. Someone gave me one a month or so ago - not bad!
Rumers abound that someone is trying to start a Narragansett brewery IN RI. Probably won't match the old tasteless swill......:)
To everyone else - To err is human, to forgive, divine (one of my favorite sayings NOT found in the Bible).

Tinker
02-20-2008, 11:45
I can't believe I misspelled RUMORS!

I guess I'm human, too! :p

Wonder
02-20-2008, 11:52
I hear ya on that one. As a former PA girl, surely you have tried yuenglings black & tan, porter, & lord chesterfield ales- they are all good beers. As far as yuengling being overrated, it is cheap where I live. Part of the allure of yuengling is that brewery is America's oldest brewery. It is good stuff:D

HA! Last Black and Tan I had was at Wolfs!!!!

Of course it's cheap where you live.....you're in Bear! Wave hi to Caravel Farms, peoples plaza and make a spin to JaCo liquors for me, would ya???:D

BigStu
02-20-2008, 11:59
American beer..... good one ... oh, sorry, you were being serious :rolleyes:

We encountered so many good things when we visited but good beer wasn't one of them.

THIS is good beer - http://www.wychwood.co.uk/beers.htm# - sadly they don't brew Dog's B*llocks any more but Fiddler's Elbow is nectar - just don't chill it :mad:

Like putting ice into whiskey (Irish) - why suppress the flavour ? though I can understand putting ice into Scotch (nasty stuff)

Jaybird62
02-20-2008, 12:07
HA! Last Black and Tan I had was at Wolfs!!!!

Of course it's cheap where you live.....you're in Bear! Wave hi to Caravel Farms, peoples plaza and make a spin to JaCo liquors for me, would ya???:D
Will do.... I need to restock the fridge anyway:sunCan't wait for the weather to warm up, I am getting dizzy from doing laps around Lums Pond:p

Wonder
02-20-2008, 12:09
Will do.... I need to restock the fridge anyway:sunCan't wait for the weather to warm up, I am getting dizzy from doing laps around Lums Pond:p

Ah, drive the half hour and hit Valley Forge........Misery Mountain trail is 3 miles and you can change it up......good hills too!
Lums is for canoeing

envirodiver
02-20-2008, 12:10
On my visit to Boston I fell in love with the Boston Ale. Man that was good.

Sam Adams is not a bad American beer.

Tin Man
02-20-2008, 12:12
To Lone Wolf:

NASTY-gansett beer is being brewed elsewhere and is available in RI now (other places, too, I'm sure).
They have a dark beer, too. Someone gave me one a month or so ago - not bad!
Rumers abound that someone is trying to start a Narragansett brewery IN RI. Probably won't match the old tasteless swill......:)
To everyone else - To err is human, to forgive, divine (one of my favorite sayings NOT found in the Bible).

Oh good. I thought it was just me. I drink most beers, but that one is down there with Iron $hitty. Yuck.

Jaybird62
02-20-2008, 12:13
Ah, drive the half hour and hit Valley Forge........Misery Mountain trail is 3 miles and you can change it up......good hills too!
Lums is for canoeing
Yeah I have been wanting to check out Valley Forge- thanks for the info:)

Alligator
02-20-2008, 12:14
American beer..... good one ... oh, sorry, you were being serious :rolleyes:

We encountered so many good things when we visited but good beer wasn't one of them.

THIS is good beer - http://www.wychwood.co.uk/beers.htm# - sadly they don't brew Dog's B*llocks any more but Fiddler's Elbow is nectar - just don't chill it :mad:

Like putting ice into whiskey (Irish) - why suppress the flavour ? though I can understand putting ice into Scotch (nasty stuff)Now, now there are a slew of good American breweries, but these are generally microbreweries. I use the term "American Beer" to refer to those riced down Pils knockoffs in order to not insult some of the other styles:).

Jaybird62
02-20-2008, 12:16
On my visit to Boston I fell in love with the Boston Ale. Man that was good.

Sam Adams is not a bad American beer.
Dogfish Head, Magic Hat, Saranac, Troegs, ..... lots of good American beers- I live within walking distance of a local brewery- Stewarts, man is that some good stuff!

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 12:16
Oh good. I thought it was just me. I drink most beers, but that one is down there with Iron $hitty. Yuck.

it was pretty damn good when it was brewed in Cranston

Alligator
02-20-2008, 12:18
it was pretty damn good when it was brewed in CranstonOne of my roommates in college was a big Gansett fan. Her nickname was the Liver:D.

Footslogger
02-20-2008, 12:24
This thread needs to be moved to the Beer/Wine/Whiskey forum ...

Just sayin ! Damn, I'm getting thirsty - - and I'm at work !!

'Slogger

Alligator
02-20-2008, 12:26
Well it is some serious thread drift but we're also helping to keep OH's apology prominent:D.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 12:26
This thread needs to be moved to the Beer/Wine/Whiskey forum ...

Just sayin ! Damn, I'm getting thirsty - - and I'm at work !!

'Slogger::: Dino contemplates making Beer/Wine/Whiskey a sub-forum of Food & Cooking forum :D :::

Footslogger
02-20-2008, 12:35
Well it is some serious thread drift but we're also helping to keep OH's apology prominent:D.

=============================

Understand the importance of milking apologies now and then but it's been a really long time since I've had a cold Juengling ...or any of the other brews listed in this thread - - not that we don't have some good micro's out here, btw.

Just sayin ...

'Slogger

Jaybird62
02-20-2008, 12:48
[quote=Footslogger;543369]=============================

Understand the importance of milking apologies now and then but it's been a really long time since I've had a cold Juengling ...or any of the other brews listed in this thread - - not that we don't have some good micro's out here, btw.

Just sayin ...

'Slogger[/quote
You certainly do man. I love flying dogs beers. I am sure there are a lot that we don't get the privelege of sampling here on the east coast- good excuse (reason) to visit that area:banana

Skidsteer
02-20-2008, 18:37

Little Kings (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/431/1298) is what we grew up on in Ohio:

No wonder I'm messed up.

Footslogger
02-20-2008, 18:45
Little Kings (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/431/1298) is what we grew up on in Ohio:

No wonder I'm messed up.

=======================

...that and Gennie Cream Ale (did I say that ????????????)

'Slogger (former Ohioite)

Skidsteer
02-20-2008, 19:02
=======================

...that and Gennie Cream Ale (did I say that ????????????)

'Slogger (former Ohioite)

Yep! I remember when Gennie came out with the 'Pounders'

Heater
02-20-2008, 19:08
http://nohatnocattle.com/jibbajabba/Bohemia-3.jpg

http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/993/50166749.JPG

The two best Mexican beers.

Heater
02-20-2008, 19:13
http://www.crackedkettle.com/store/images/untitled_Choc.bmp

This stuff is good every now and then.

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 20:15
That being said...where's the beer? For godness sakes I'm wallowing in Dino crap here(see fecie's thread)so I deserve the free beer dagum it!

Now that I think about it....why am I buried in Dino crap...what did I do..it feels so lonely here at the bottom of the pile!
This guy dies and goes to hell.
Upon reaching the burning gates a demon takes him to the first of three rooms he gets to choose for his eternal damnation.
The first room is filled with the sounds of searing pain as the sinners are lashed with flaming whips.
The second room sounds similar as the floor is covered with broken glass and boiling oil, the sinners hopping in infinite pain.
The third room is very quiet but the stench of every kind of fecal excrement nauseates the man as he sees all the inhabitants up to their armpits in sh it sipping tea.
He tells the demon he'll take this room, gets handed his tea and wades into the morass.
A couple minutes later Satan walks in and bellows' "break's over, back on your heads."

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 20:19
::: Dino contemplates making Beer/Wine/Whiskey a sub-forum of Food & Cooking forum :D :::
How about making Food/Cooking a sub-forum of the Beer/Wine/Whiskey Forum?
:p

Kirby
02-20-2008, 21:20
I've clearly missed something in my time away from WB.

I am guessing that's a good thing,
Kirby

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 21:22
I've clearly missed something in my time away from WB.

I am guessing that's a good thing,
Kirby
Yup. OH was a poop. Then contrite. A good example to folks who've showed poor form. Cheers to OH for this thread.

gold bond
02-21-2008, 10:04
This guy dies and goes to hell.
Upon reaching the burning gates a demon takes him to the first of three rooms he gets to choose for his eternal damnation.
The first room is filled with the sounds of searing pain as the sinners are lashed with flaming whips.
The second room sounds similar as the floor is covered with broken glass and boiling oil, the sinners hopping in infinite pain.
The third room is very quiet but the stench of every kind of fecal excrement nauseates the man as he sees all the inhabitants up to their armpits in sh it sipping tea.
He tells the demon he'll take this room, gets handed his tea and wades into the morass.
A couple minutes later Satan walks in and bellows' "break's over, back on your heads."

How did you know how bad my day was yesterday!

spittinpigeon
02-21-2008, 23:52
I was watching Jaws the other day, and when that grumpy Ol' Cap'n Quint came on drinking a Gansett, I couldn't help but think of the Loner.
When I'm not drinking PBR, I'm drinking Narragansett. That's when I know I'm running out of money. :)

dessertrat
02-22-2008, 00:13
I was watching Jaws the other day, and when that grumpy Ol' Cap'n Quint came on drinking a Gansett, I couldn't help but think of the Loner.
When I'm not drinking PBR, I'm drinking Narragansett. That's when I know I'm running out of money. :)

I don't care what beer he drinks: Quint's Indianapolis monologue is some of the best acting ever.

gold bond
02-22-2008, 11:49

I grew up watching my dad drink PBR with a little salt on the top. Great memories there!!
Went to England two years ago and had a great dissapointment.....they now serve more Foster's than anything else.Foster's on draft aint to bad when it's good and cold.

mudhead
02-22-2008, 11:52
Do cans of Nastygansett still float? I remember that was their big draw way back when.

spittinpigeon
02-22-2008, 17:16
I grew up watching my dad drink PBR with a little salt on the top. Great memories there!!
Went to England two years ago and had a great dissapointment.....they now serve more Foster's than anything else.Foster's on draft aint to bad when it's good and cold.

Dunno 'bout that, though funny you should bring up fosters. I saw someone drinking it last night for the first time in a while. Also, back in '99 I was at the limestone spring shelter, and there was a fosters can on the mouse hanger. I had a week-long craving for fosters after that.

leeki pole
02-22-2008, 17:31
Black Dog Ale is pretty good stuff. I like dogs and Montana so I guess I'm biased.

Nean
02-22-2008, 17:57
Dunno 'bout that, though funny you should bring up fosters. I saw someone drinking it last night for the first time in a while. Also, back in '99 I was at the limestone spring shelter, and there was a fosters can on the mouse hanger. I had a week-long craving for fosters after that.

In Oz, Fosters is like Shlitz here, only the winos drink it.:eek:

mudhead
02-22-2008, 18:07
Was it Miller that ruined Fosters?