PDA

View Full Version : *** Joining The New Subscription Area ***

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 11:13
Attroll has asked me to make the following announcement...

If you are a Donating Member and wish to join the new Non-AT Subscription Area, Please use the link in the UserCP under Group Memberships. You will have to wait for your membership request to be approved, but I promise we will get to these as soon as humanly possible.

Here's the link to get to the place in the UserCP where you join the group... Group Memberships (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups)

Thank you.

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 11:21
OK... for those donating members that have already joined... you are still in there. I don't need a PM from you guys and gals. LOL. This is from here on out.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 11:24
:::: Dino rushes to Dixi's house to dig her out of the pile of PMs she is no doubt buried in about now :D ::::

minnesotasmith
02-20-2008, 11:36
Is the minimum donation to be allowed to join?

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 11:38

Same as the minimum site donation... $10.

Survivor Dave
02-20-2008, 11:51
Geez MS, how cheeeep can you get?:D

Thoughtful Owl
02-20-2008, 11:52
Attroll has asked me to make the following announcement...

If you are a Donating Member and wish to join the new Non-AT Subscription Area, Please contact either myself or Skidsteer via PM and we will get you in as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Thanks dixicritter for the update. We do appreciate you and all the mods, along with Sgt. Rock & Attroll.

TO

minnesotasmith
02-20-2008, 11:56
Geez MS, how cheeeep can you get?:D

If you knew anything about the major trail magic I did earlier this month in Georgia, you wouldn't call me that.

It was a reasonable question. No point in sending less than required.

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 12:10
If you knew anything about the major trail magic I did earlier this month in Georgia, you wouldn't call me that.

It was a reasonable question. No point in sending less than required.

spending large amounts of $$ on "trail magic" is hardly admirable. especially in georgia. they're fat newbies still wet behind the ears. give $$ to a local maintaining crew. hikers don't need "magic"

minnesotasmith
02-20-2008, 12:28
spending large amounts of $$ on "trail magic" is hardly admirable. especially in georgia. they're fat newbies still wet behind the ears. give $$ to a local maintaining crew. hikers don't need "magic"

Only about half of it was food. The rest was stuff that A) will be useful for more than one season of hikers, and B) was in part for the spirit, not the gut.

The Weasel
02-20-2008, 12:33
Minn -

TM for newbies isn't a bad thing. It helps support them at a time when they need it as much as they will later, in different ways. Thanks for doing so.

TW

the goat
02-20-2008, 12:46
how do we re-subscribe to non-AT forums?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 12:50
Send a PM to Dixicritter and she will put you in.

Lone Wolf
02-20-2008, 12:51
Minn -

TM for newbies isn't a bad thing. It helps support them at a time when they need it as much as they will later, in different ways. Thanks for doing so.

TW

no hiker ever NEEDS trail magic

minnesotasmith
02-20-2008, 12:58

Or WhiteBlaze, for that matter, but I think they're both pretty nice to have.

jlb2012

well I am not too sure about this one Lone Wolf - there was a time when I damaged a knee and I really _needed_ a ride back to my car - I consider it trail magic that I got a ride back to the car

RITBlake
Only about half of it was food. The rest was stuff that A) will be useful for more than one season of hikers, and B) was in part for the spirit, not the gut.

Sounds creepy, guessing that's how most hikers found you/it

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 13:28
Alright guys... If y'all want to discuss the merrits (or not) of trail magic... please start another thread. Thanks. :)

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 21:07
Update....

The Group membership registration link is now fixed in the UserCP so y'all can quit PMing me directly for admission (please...;)). However there is still a wait to get into the group as your join request will have to be approved so please be patient as currently I am the only one here approving these requests until Attroll gets back from vacation next week.

Thank you for understanding. :)

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 21:12
Update....
However there is still a wait to get into the group :)
A sort of preemptive cooling off period?:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-20-2008, 21:16
::: Dino giggles at Warraghy :::

Actually, they just have to be sure you are a donating member before you can get added.... and since Dixi is only one person - and she has two kids and three dogs and is a trail widow right now........ this may take a while. Of course, if you drag your feet, Dixi, they just might cool off :D

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 21:22
A sort of preemptive cooling off period?:D

::: Dino giggles at Warraghy :::

Actually, they just have to be sure you are a donating member before you can get added.... and since Dixi is only one person - and she has two kids and three dogs and is a trail widow right now........ this may take a while. Of course, if you drag your feet, Dixi, they just might cool off :D

It means dixi wants some life outside of WB too...LOL. I'm just happy Attroll took time out of his vacation to fix this so my PM mail box didn't keep filling up. :D

warraghiyagey
02-20-2008, 21:24
It means dixi wants some life outside of WB too...LOL. I'm just happy Attroll took time out of his vacation to fix this so my PM mail box didn't keep filling up. :D
I have about 85 questions that I can't wait for the answers to. As Troll is on vaca I guess I know where to go.:D

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 23:31
I have about 85 questions that I can't wait for the answers to. As Troll is on vaca I guess I know where to go.:D

Get in line...LOL.

Heater
02-20-2008, 23:46
Get in line...LOL.

Troll on vacation and Rock on the trail... fun, fun, ...fun? :D

Perfect timing, huh? :-?

dixicritter
02-20-2008, 23:52
Troll on vacation and Rock on the trail... fun, fun, ...fun? :D

Perfect timing, huh? :-?

Yeah tell me about it. LOL. At least I do have some help around here.

warraghiyagey
02-21-2008, 00:08
Yeah tell me about it. LOL. At least I do have some help around here.
I could start a thread in the Humor Forum titled "War Policy."
Would that help??

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gif

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:17
If someone stomped on your toe, would you WHACK 'em or would you whack the person standing NEXT to 'em?

Footslogger
02-21-2008, 00:19
If someone stomped on your toe, would you WHACK 'em or would you whack the person standing NEXT to 'em?

===============

Both ...

'Slogger

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:20
===============

Both ...

'Slogger

Why? :-?

Footslogger
02-21-2008, 00:21
Why? :-?

======================

Guess it was just a knee-jerk reaction ...

'Slogger

Montego
02-21-2008, 00:23
I'd whack the toe stomper 'n the person next to him fer laughin' :D

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:27
======================

Guess it was just a knee-jerk reaction ...

'Slogger

...or you you go some bad info that maybe his friend ...oh. ...I don't know... might have had something to do with the stomping of the toe? :-?

OK. Point taken.

I'll quit now before "I" get smacked. :D

Footslogger
02-21-2008, 00:30
[quote=Austexs;544313]...or you you go some bad info that maybe his friend ...oh. ...I don't know... might have had something to do with the stomping of the toe? :-?
============================

...or it might be that the wife and I just uncorked our second bottle of wine. Did I mention we both had a BAD day at work ....:eek:

'Slogger

minnesotasmith
02-21-2008, 00:40
Would sure get things going on the Politics section. ;)

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.html

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:46
[quote=Austexs;544313]...or you you go some bad info that maybe his friend ...oh. ...I don't know... might have had something to do with the stomping of the toe? :-?
============================

...or it might be that the wife and I just uncorked our second bottle of wine. Did I mention we both had a BAD day at work ....:eek:

'Slogger

Yesterday, I had a meeting with the Division manager (salesman) and had to sit through 01 hrs. and 15 mins. of smoke being blown up my keister. We lost about 200 to attrition in 07. (in our division)

Yeah. Tell me about it. The GOOD THING about it was my peeps were present and saw things the way they are.

One more year. ;)

ed bell
02-21-2008, 00:46

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1713275,00.htmlFor less than 1/2 cent for every time you have hit the submit button here, you could find out. Are you trying to make extra work for the moderators, or do you just not give a ****?

mweinstone
02-21-2008, 00:49
when approval is denied are their set specific reasons you do so and do you release such info? could access be deniedto these forums for being a rude abrasive near incitefull treasonist natzi? if so that would limit the enrollment.

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:50

As would this:

Fire (http://www.txcn.com/sharedcontent/dws/txcn/austin/stories/022008kvuefire-bkm.11b36ea7.html)

But, I am not allowed.

Skidsteer
02-21-2008, 00:50

I moved it there.

Now you gotta pay to see the reaction. :p

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:54
I moved it there.

Now you gotta pay to see the reaction. :p

Heh heh. :D:D

I only pay CASH for everything for the last 3 years. (I will be completely a debt free homeowner in just a few months. :clap

So, It'll take some time for my donation to process. See you then, Skids.

ed bell
02-21-2008, 00:58
when approval is denied are their set specific reasons you do so and do you release such info? could access be deniedto these forums for being a rude abrasive near incitefull treasonist natzi? if so that would limit the enrollment.when approval is approved I would do the same. I'd bet a rude incitefull treasonist natzi has been denied access before and limits to access have limited the enrollments at limited times.:)

Heater
02-21-2008, 00:59

I only pay CASH for everything for the last 3 years. (I will be completely a debt free homeowner in just a few months. :clap

So, It'll take some time for my donation to process. See you then, Skids.

Oh. BTW... I have inside info on the Clinton campaign headquarters fire but you cannot have it! :D:D:D

Cheers! :banana

ed bell
02-21-2008, 01:01

So, It'll take some time for my donation to process. See you then, Skids.Send a money order. Done and done.:rolleyes::sun

Heater
02-21-2008, 01:03
Send a money order. Done and done.:rolleyes::sun

PM sent.

mweinstone
02-21-2008, 01:05
this thread turnes off anyone who sees it whos not a hiker weirdo computer neard. thats why i think we loose alot of input. we are a joke. between the pussyfooting and the wineing. man were week. sugestion,...no more sugestions. the moderators arent gods. they dont need praise from a bowed down position. they cant hurt you. they have no power. this site is gotten very very very old and tiering. thank you all for pointing it out so so so clearly to me. im deciding if ive had it with alot of you. im joining mala and lwolf . this whole modern age of the trail is wrong. a bunch of litterbug posers and wannabe critisizers. us real hikers know who we are and were not the heart of this site. the dummys may be im starting to worry. im very harsh because i care. i also enjoy whitblaze and am thankfull to the moderaters. however,..im only as thankfull as i am reading or partisipating in say,... a free newspaper. i dont need to donate to this site and neither do any of you. if we do its a gift not anything else. its a gift that was asked for like any sugessted donation box. ms is my dear friend and its lame to concern yourself with his giving. this place has cult overtones of cultwannabeism. weve lost respected participation from our elders and peers from this sites lack of depth. chit chats fin. meaness is fun. all exspressions are cool when mixed. not when seperated into critical coments made to tare others down. way way way too many fools here. i gotta sleep on this and decide if im not just casting pearls of my wisdom onto hikerswine. goodnight moon. angry mat out.

zoidfu
02-21-2008, 01:11
Update....

The Group membership registration link is now fixed in the UserCP so y'all can quit PMing me directly for admission (please...;)). However there is still a wait to get into the group as your join request will have to be approved so please be patient as currently I am the only one here approving these requests until Attroll gets back from vacation next week.

Thank you for understanding. :)

Of course I didn't see this until I PM'ed you. Sorry!

warraghiyagey
02-21-2008, 01:13
Peace Matty.:sun
Well said.

RITBlake
02-21-2008, 01:15
Peace Matty.:sun
Well said.

I gave up after the first sentence.

Everyone should donate, even if you don't read the political nonsense. It's what, 10 bucks? I spend that much on lunch every day.

warraghiyagey
02-21-2008, 01:16
Agreed. :) Mine's on it's way.

Heater
02-21-2008, 01:22
I gave up after the first sentence.

Most do. :(

warraghiyagey
02-21-2008, 01:30
Unfortunately.

RITBlake
02-21-2008, 01:33
Unfortunately.

too bad he may have had a good point. :rolleyes:

warraghiyagey
02-21-2008, 01:37
too bad he may have had a good point. :rolleyes:
That's what I was thinking as I read it. Cuts right to the core of what's real.

ed bell
02-21-2008, 01:47
Unfortunately.I hung in there. He is missing the point about the donations to this site. The general content that is the heart and soul of this site is still as free as ever. The free exchange of ideas relative to the AT and backpacking and gear and ect. are there for everyone. The only change is that the Admin has decided that subscription forums have more restrictions than before. Those forums are not what this site is about, but some members on this site find value in them. Fine by me.

Heater
02-21-2008, 02:08
I hung in there. He is missing the point about the donations to this site. The general content that is the heart and soul of this site is still as free as ever. The free exchange of ideas relative to the AT and backpacking and gear and ect. are there for everyone. The only change is that the Admin has decided that subscription forums have more restrictions than before. Those forums are not what this site is about, but some members on this site find value in them. Fine by me.

You were here before me Ed. Not by much but you must know WHY the subscription forums were created in the first place, right?

I have sent the donation in. That said.

There was "no pay per forum" before those forums were created so HOW can simply making them "donation only" not cause a regression to the way things were before they were created? What is the reasoning. What are the motives here? I don't get it?

Could it be to get rid of the occasional racist trolls like we have had recently? Maybe. But they all go away eventually.

IMO, It really was not a good move. We'll see. Get your popcorn ready! :)

ed bell
02-21-2008, 02:30
You were here before me Ed. Not by much but you must know WHY the subscription forums were created in the first place, right?

There was "no pay per forum" before those forums were created so HOW can simply making them "donation only" not cause a regression to the way things were before they were created? What is the reasoning. What are the motives here? I don't get it?

Could it be to get rid of the occasional racist trolls like we have had recently? Maybe. But they all go away eventually.

IMO, It really was not a good move. We'll see. Get your popcorn ready! :)I hear you Austexs. I don't have all the answers to your questions. I'm sure that the moderators will continue to move threads to "sensitive" and "politics" as usual. I have already seen some members attempt to introduce non-AT subject matter to the regular forums. Problem is that they know they can't utilize the non-AT forums. That will be a problem IMO. If the main focus here gets back to the AT and backpacking, that won't be all bad. The question is what happens when the guns, dogs, trail politics, type threads "disappear" from the non donating crowd.

Gaiter
02-21-2008, 02:34
question this may be off topic, but i'm putting it here since its about some of the changes and this may have been here for a while and i'm just now noticing, but why are some members name green and some blue?

Heater
02-21-2008, 02:38
question this may be off topic, but i'm putting it here since its about some of the changes and this may have been here for a while and i'm just now noticing, but why are some members name green and some blue?

It looks as if the donating members are Green and non-donating members are blue.

Tin Man
02-21-2008, 06:58
this thread turnes off anyone who sees it whos not a hiker weirdo computer neard. thats why i think we loose alot of input. we are a joke. between the pussyfooting and the wineing. man were week. sugestion,...no more sugestions. the moderators arent gods. they dont need praise from a bowed down position. they cant hurt you. they have no power. this site is gotten very very very old and tiering. thank you all for pointing it out so so so clearly to me. im deciding if ive had it with alot of you. im joining mala and lwolf . this whole modern age of the trail is wrong. a bunch of litterbug posers and wannabe critisizers. us real hikers know who we are and were not the heart of this site. the dummys may be im starting to worry. im very harsh because i care. i also enjoy whitblaze and am thankfull to the moderaters. however,..im only as thankfull as i am reading or partisipating in say,... a free newspaper. i dont need to donate to this site and neither do any of you. if we do its a gift not anything else. its a gift that was asked for like any sugessted donation box. ms is my dear friend and its lame to concern yourself with his giving. this place has cult overtones of cultwannabeism. weve lost respected participation from our elders and peers from this sites lack of depth. chit chats fin. meaness is fun. all exspressions are cool when mixed. not when seperated into critical coments made to tare others down. way way way too many fools here. i gotta sleep on this and decide if im not just casting pearls of my wisdom onto hikerswine. goodnight moon. angry mat out.

Don't be angry mat,
or a natty bat,
over a little spat,
that sometimes goes splat.

I wrote a few lines,
to talk about these times,
and some of the crimes,
and so it rhymes,
and gets over the climbs,
sometimes.

I hereby dedicate my poem to mat,
who's own words inspired,
to avoid being beat by a brat,
or a rat,
or a cat,
in the hat,
when threads grow tired.

Ballad of a WB political salad:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=544151&postcount=196

Heater
02-21-2008, 07:34
There once was a man on White Blaze
He pecked at his keyboard for days
He acted the jerk
Now his key will not work
And he can't get back in till he pays

:D

Tin Man
02-21-2008, 07:39
Oh so true,
about the members in blue,
until they pay their due,
they can only envy.

Marta
02-21-2008, 07:49
FWIW, I'm happy to donate but you're not gonna get me into the Political forum for love nor money. I'm here to talk about hiking.

Tin Man
02-21-2008, 07:57
Yes donate,
no need to proliferate,
or consternate,
over hillary-obama-gates,
simply ruminate,
with your hiking mates.

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 08:58

I can explain why they were created in the first place if you really don't know by now. Let's simply put it that the off-topic discussions were taking over the site and leave it at that.

IMO, It really was not a good move. We'll see. Get your popcorn ready! :)

I hear you Austexs. I don't have all the answers to your questions. I'm sure that the moderators will continue to move threads to "sensitive" and "politics" as usual. I have already seen some members attempt to introduce non-AT subject matter to the regular forums. Problem is that they know they can't utilize the non-AT forums. That will be a problem IMO. If the main focus here gets back to the AT and backpacking, that won't be all bad. The question is what happens when the guns, dogs, trail politics, type threads "disappear" from the non donating crowd.

So here's how things will be handled... We will moderate the forums, per SGT Rock and Attroll. Threads will be moved to the appropriate forum, per SGT Rock and Attroll.

Green denotes donating members. This is because I am currently having to verify member status to join the group and Attroll was trying to make it easier on me since I'm doing this by myself for the time being until he gets back from vacation next week. This way I can tell at a glance if the member requesting entry is a donating member or not. :)

I'd also like to thank everyone for being so patient with me. Thank you so much for not giving me a hard time for not getting to those requests faster. I promise I'll check them regularly. :)

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 08:59
when approval is denied are their set specific reasons you do so and do you release such info? could access be deniedto these forums for being a rude abrasive near incitefull treasonist natzi? if so that would limit the enrollment.

So far the only denials are for non-donating members.

CaseyB
02-21-2008, 09:12
So if I'm a donating member and I was subscribed to politics, etc, then I'm automatically back in, right? Just don't see any of those threads on today's posts yet.

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 09:15
So if I'm a donating member and I was subscribed to politics, etc, then I'm automatically back in, right? Just don't see any of those threads on today's posts yet.

No you aren't, you have to go back to your usercp and rejoin the new group.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-21-2008, 09:36
::: Dino wraps a loving tail around the oh-so-overworked-lately Dixi :::

I'd help you if I could, but I can understand why that particular admin function is restricted to owners. If you have the power to do what Dixi is doing, you also have to have the power to ban users.... and the owners have wisely limited that power.

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 09:45
::: Dino wraps a loving tail around the oh-so-overworked-lately Dixi :::

I'd help you if I could, but I can understand why that particular admin function is restricted to owners. If you have the power to do what Dixi is doing, you also have to have the power to ban users.... and the owners have wisely limited that power.

Thanks Dino!

dixicritter
02-21-2008, 09:52
Here's the link to get to the place in the UserCP where you join the group... Group Memberships (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/profile.php?do=editusergroups)

CaseyB
02-21-2008, 09:57
As for the debate on page #2 about the logic of allowing only donating members into the sensitive forums: I think this will keep passers-by and newbies from being able to see how nasty it can get around here, and thus get scared off. Of course you had to subscribe before but clicking a button in the user CP isn't much of a commitment.....people who have donated almost certainly have been around long enough to know what they are getting into.
This will also keep out non-hiking troublemakers.

Pennsylvania Rose
02-22-2008, 14:10

Don't know if I really want to click or not...

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 14:13
Be forewarned.... Currently... until we have a chance to work some "bugs" out, the political stuff is mixed in with all the rest of it. Please everyone be patient we're working on a solution to this.

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 22:23
OK...Looks like we've come up with a solution for the political stuff being mixed in with the other Non-AT stuff. Sorry about this but it is going to require that folks who wish to see the political area register to the new World Abroad/Politics Group in your UserCP. Sorry for the inconvenience. We will get your memberships approved ASAP I promise.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-22-2008, 22:25
::: Many members seen singing Hallelujah Chorus :::

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 22:31
Most Welcome! :)

ed bell
02-22-2008, 22:32
::: Many members seen singing Hallelujah Chorus :::Was it the temptation or the repulsion?:-?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-22-2008, 22:34
Was it the temptation or the repulsion?:-?Both, Dinos are complex creatures :D

Alligator
02-22-2008, 22:49
Many thanks.

Lone Wolf
02-22-2008, 22:53
politics and people who discuss it incessantly, suck

Wise Old Owl
02-22-2008, 22:57
COME ON IN - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO DONATE....
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb68/colourmyworld_01/temptation.gif

UNSENSORED, UNFILTERED, FUN FOR EVERYONE...

Lone Wolf
02-22-2008, 22:58
i've been in. forever

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 23:03
Donating Members - Non AT forums You must be a donating member of the web site in order to subscribe and see this group.
To subscribe to these forums you will need to go to Group Memberships
Be aware, you are responsible for your own actions in this subscribed group.
The same rules apply to these forums and you must follow the WhiteBlaze User Agreement
If you dish anything out then you better be willing to receive it right back

bfitz
02-22-2008, 23:27
Oh, yeah, I see, first you get me hooked....;)

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 23:33
Oh, yeah, I see, first you get me hooked....;)

Yes that's my evil plan... now go donate and register. ;)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-22-2008, 23:35
Dixi is a pusher -- who knew?
::: Dino runs for cover :::

dixicritter
02-22-2008, 23:41
Dixi is a pusher -- who knew?
::: Dino runs for cover :::

Shhhh... :sun

bfitz
02-22-2008, 23:44
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32401&highlight=Whiteblaze+addiction

EMAN
02-27-2008, 21:43
Uh...a dumb question perhaps...what is Non AT subscription area about? Went there to look and this is what is says:
"There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period".

EMAN
02-27-2008, 21:44
AHA...never mind. I reckon had I read to the end of this thread, I wouldn't have to ax....DUH!

Heater
02-28-2008, 01:55
politics and people who discuss it incessantly, suck

The whole point is that now... you have to donate then subscribe.... to see those forums and posts. I you think they suck, UNSUBSCRIBE or quit yer sniveling! ;)

Perty simple, huh? :confused:

JAK
02-28-2008, 02:25
I am anxious to donate once I can afford to but not so anxious to suck myself back into the subcription forums. Perhaps there should be a $15 premium rate for the privilege of subscribing without access to the subscription forums not matter how hard we beg.

Sly
02-28-2008, 05:07
If you think they suck, UNSUBSCRIBE or quit yer sniveling! ;)

Perty simple, huh? :confused:

Yeah, sounds simple enough to me. Out of sight, out of mind.