~~sorry but I'm not looking for the walmart swiss gear ones~~

gungho
02-20-2008, 17:05
I'm looking for reccomendations on sub-$100 poles that are:

light
non-antishock
durable

Just bought my wife a set @Sierra Trading post for $59.95,and they meet all three of your requirements:sun

earlylight
02-20-2008, 17:14
Try Black Diamond Trail poles with flint locks. They never need fiddling with. I think they cost about $75 at REI.

Sierra trading post is also a good place to look for cheap poles.

Hooch
02-20-2008, 17:18
I got Black Diamond Contour poles off ebay for $65 with shipping. They're light, non-antishock and obviously the price was right. Oh, and they do have the Flick-Lock system which makes adjustments a breeze, even on the fly.

taildragger
02-20-2008, 17:22
I'm looking for reccomendations on sub-$100 poles that are:

light
non-antishock
durable

Two sticks with some grips glued on.

Not only do they fit your description, they're also organic:D

Seriously, I don't think that I could see spending much on poles, I bought the Wally World set for about $10 and they've done me right so far. Heck, the poles are cheaper than new tips on the higher end poles, and as far as weight, my upperbody needs the workout anyways. So far they've seen maybe 150 miles of hiking, nothing serious, but they still work like they did the day that I bought them, I figure if I get more than 500 miles out of them, I'll be happy.

Nearly Normal
02-20-2008, 17:34
Bamboo is free. You can make a good set with it. The way it spreads most people will give you all you want.

rafe
02-20-2008, 18:16
Cheap generic Lekis, around $50 at REI or Campmor.

NICKTHEGREEK
02-20-2008, 19:49
We have a pair of lekis and a pair of Komperdell ultralights (sold under REI brand). Both have twist locks which haven't been any problem. The leki's have a hard plastic handle. The Komps have foam handles and extended foam grips on the upper pole. I personally like the foam over the hard plastic. The extended grip is pretty useless, you have to take off the strap to use it.
Both pair have been pretty heavily used/abused without issue and cost less than 100.

slowandlow
02-20-2008, 22:43
LEKI Tour, $75 @REI, light but more durable than the LEKI ultralight model, no antishock, extend to 155mm, good grips and straps.