PDA

View Full Version : Campmor Fleece

bredler
02-21-2008, 06:45
Has anyone tried the campmor fleece shirt/jacket/pullovers?

I'm generally pretty impressed with the quality:price ratio that campor puts out with their other items (sleeping bags for one), but what's the word with their fleeces?

bigcranky
02-21-2008, 08:40
We've owned a couple of Campmor-brand fleece jackets. My wife had a very nice jacket made from Polartec 300 fleece. It was well made, and has held up for at least ten years. I bought a Campmor technical fleece made from an off-brand fleece ("Grizzly fleece"), which pilled up very quickly. We also have a couple of their very inexpensive Polartec 200 vests, which have held up well.

So I guess the moral of this story is that Campmor brand clothing is great if it is made from high quality fleece.

Mother Nature
02-21-2008, 09:26
I have a lightweight crew neck fleece from Campmor that has about held up wonderfully for years. Still my favorite shirt in early spring or late fall and as a layer in winter.

MN

double d
02-21-2008, 09:31
You can never go wrong with Campmor, great company, well made products and great prices. IMHO, best company that sells hiking gear and clothes.

Tinker
02-21-2008, 10:28
I have a nice Campmor fleece vest. Well made.

sly dog
02-21-2008, 10:37
I bought one of the microfleece pull overs with the zip top. They look and feel just like the north face ones on the next rack over but at about half the price. I used it several times last year so i cant say how it will do in the long haul but so far so good and very light. I would buy another if something happened to this one.

AlwaysHiking
02-21-2008, 10:45
Have their Polartec 200 in a vest and a long sleeve zip-up. Love both pieces. Have washed several times and so far no 'fuzzies'.

envirodiver
02-21-2008, 13:07
I have a 200 fleece pullover that I've had for probably 15 years. I still wear it although it has a few burn holes in it. It is the only fleec pullover that I have found that has a zippered breast pocket. I also have one of their fleece vests that is very old and still in use.

Appalachian Tater
02-21-2008, 13:10
Sounds like Campmor has both cheap fleece and quality, branded fleece. Cheap fleece is definitely not worth the price. It is not as warm for the weight, is less windproof, and pills.

The Cheat
02-21-2008, 13:53
I have a 200 fleece pullover that I've had for probably 15 years. I still wear it although it has a few burn holes in it. It is the only fleec pullover that I have found that has a zippered breast pocket. I also have one of their fleece vests that is very old and still in use.

Mine was blue polartec, but not the pullover, with green fabric behind the collar and for the pocket. Bought it early '90s. My wife threw it out eventually when most of the green was gone. :rolleyes:

I have their vest and jacket, couldn't live without them. :banana

Grandma
02-21-2008, 13:54
I have a crew-kneck pullover, has held up well over several years. Great price, great shirt!

Mags
02-21-2008, 13:59
Campmor's house gear is usually solid, good quality gear.

I have a pair of shell pants I've used HARD over the past 4 winters and have had good luck with them.

Though I do not own a Campmor fleece, I've known many others who have and spoke highly of them.

Good price, solid performance.

bredler
02-21-2008, 17:35
Sweet. All is as I suspected...now to get out the card for another painful (although not too painful for a fleece) dig into my account.

bredler
02-21-2008, 19:55
Sooooo...

...100 or 200 weight?

The clothes I have so far are:
-REI sahara pants
-REI sahara tech Tee-shirts
-Marmot precip
-Patagonia Insulating short-sleeve shirt

so I don't have a mid-weight long sleeve or a good insulation for cold weather (low 30s and below).

whitefoot_hp
02-21-2008, 20:04
FYI, there are some great terramar thermawool sales on campmor right now.