PDA

View Full Version : Ways of payment for donation

Kirby
02-23-2008, 14:16
As I was trying to make a donation a few moments ago, I realized there was no option for using a debit card, only Pay Pal? Is this true? I prefer not to open a Pay Pal account.

Thanks,
Kirby

Appalachian Tater
02-23-2008, 15:17
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33516

You can also pay by check or money order.

Opening a PayPal account entails certain risks which may be easily Googled. Also, they have managed to turn themselves into a bank while circumventing the applicable regulations for banks.

mudhead
02-23-2008, 15:17
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=546998&postcount=1

Magic Man
02-23-2008, 15:23
I'm not a big PayPal fan either.

I mailed my check to:

WhiteBlaze
159 Oak Hill Road
Litchfield, ME 04350

weary
02-23-2008, 15:34
As I was trying to make a donation a few moments ago, I realized there was no option for using a debit card, only Pay Pal? Is this true? I prefer not to open a Pay Pal account.

Thanks,
Kirby
I went a week or more without being able to edit my posts because I didn't want to get involved with Pay Pal. I have a bill-paying account with Key Bank. I just give them a list of names, addresses and phone numbers and they pay whatever and whenever I tell them to.

The problem was that nowhere does White Blaze list a phone. And Key insists on one. While waiting for AT Troll to comply with my request for a number, I gave up and gave the bank my phone number. Key didn't seem to mind. My check arrived at White Blaze a few days later.

Weary

Feral Bill
02-23-2008, 16:59
I paid with a credit card through Paypal (White blaze has the account). No problem.

dixicritter
02-23-2008, 17:22
I think you can do the same thing with a debit card without opening your own PayPal account too, if I'm not mistaken.

wilconow
02-23-2008, 17:27
no message

warraghiyagey
02-23-2008, 17:29
Dixi now taking gruff for payment options:(
Yikes

orangebug
02-23-2008, 17:31
If all you whiners would get smart and just email Dixi your ATM PINs, everything would be just fine!

Sly
02-23-2008, 17:31
i assume people want to avoid paypal getting their info, account or not..

Using a CC through Paypal (without opening an account) wouldn't be any different than using a CC with any other vendor online.

dixicritter
02-23-2008, 17:35
If all you whiners would get smart and just email Dixi your ATM PINs, everything would be just fine!

I don't handle the money, Attroll does.

orangebug
02-23-2008, 17:41
See how honest she is?

She even lets Attroll do the heavy lifting. So, send those PINs and keep this place afloat!

;)

Or simply call 1 800 FEL ONEY.

ofthearth
02-23-2008, 17:45

I don't handle the money, Attroll does.

I think that was suppose to be humor:-?

Kirby
02-23-2008, 17:46
I figured this was the proper place for the thread. I was seeking clarification on how it worked, not trying to give the mods/admins grief for not being able to use a CC/DC. I have just looked at it again, and it seems I do not have to open an account to do so.

Sorry if I did get under the skin of the mods.

Kirby

warraghiyagey
02-23-2008, 17:48
I figured this was the proper place for the thread. I was seeking clarification on how it worked, not trying to give the mods/admins grief for not being able to use a CC/DC. I have just looked at it again, and it seems I do not have to open an account to do so.

Kirby
It was a good an honest question. Not your responsibility for the behavior of other folks. Have a great hike. 2 weeks??

orangebug
02-23-2008, 17:50
Kirby, I don't think anyone thought you were being mean. You identified a problem, mentioned it and got good feedback. You started a thread that should nudge more folks to help out this resource.

They don't even have two semiannual weeks of begging like NPR

Kirby
02-23-2008, 17:51
One week, I will be on Springer a week from today.

I have just given $10.00, not much, but I felt the need to give something, and that fits my budget.

Kirby

dixicritter
02-23-2008, 17:53
I think that was suppose to be humor:-?

Oh I know, but I figured I better clarify for the humor impaired. :D

dixicritter
02-23-2008, 17:53

Kirby

Kirby you didn't get under my skin at all. :)

warraghiyagey
02-23-2008, 17:58
One week, I will be on Springer a week from today.

I have just given $10.00, not much, but I felt the need to give something, and that fits my budget.

Kirby
Break a leg!!!
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/laughing013.gif