PDA

View Full Version : Waynesboro to Charlottesville

tx.katie.finch
02-23-2008, 20:33
Does anyone know of a shuttle that goes from Waynesboro, VA to Charlottesville. My husband and I have to leave the trail for a week in June to go to a wedding and have a rental car in Charlottesville. I called a few cab companies and they were quoting $100. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blissful
02-23-2008, 21:14
Does anyone know of a shuttle that goes from Waynesboro, VA to Charlottesville. My husband and I have to leave the trail for a week in June to go to a wedding and have a rental car in Charlottesville. I called a few cab companies and they were quoting $100. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We will be gone June 5-8th and June 14-21st so depending on when you get to Rockfish Gap, I might be able to pick you up if you can chip in for gas. PM me for my phone #. I think there is also a list of shuttlers in Waynesboro too if we can't connect. I don't happen to have that info though, but Rockfish Gap Outfitters may be able to help.

Press
02-23-2008, 23:54
It's not very far to Cville from Rockfish Gap, and there are generally people who shuttle hikers around there. I don't think you would have much trouble catching a ride with someone. There's a gas station there that probably has cards for people who would pick you up.

tx.katie.finch
02-26-2008, 15:23
We're leaving Rockfish on the 16 or 17 and then returning to Charlottesville on the evening of the 25th. Thanks for the idea on the gas station!

Thoughtful Owl
02-26-2008, 16:16
We're leaving Rockfish on the 16 or 17 and then returning to Charlottesville on the evening of the 25th. Thanks for the idea on the gas station!

The contact information is actually at the Visitors Center behind the gas station and old Howard Johnsons Resturant.

DAKS
02-26-2008, 16:59
The contact information is actually at the Visitors Center behind the gas station and old Howard Johnsons Resturant.

correct. there is or was a box on the outside of the visitor center with a list of shuttle contacts.(someone correct me if this has changed)