PDA

View Full Version : End of the internet.

chiefdaddy
02-25-2008, 10:27
I think I have gotten to the end of the internet lol. With all my Excitement and energy in the past year or so I have read so much online that I am out of things to read about thru hiking ect. I already had been OCD reading about backpacking for 10+ years now I just feel bored and can't wait til March 1st :D Tired of reading about it ready to DO IT!

Just had to get that off my chest!

See all of you out there and look out for my little dog too!

rhjanes
02-25-2008, 10:31
Here
http://www.endoftheinternet.com/

or here

http://www.this-page-intentionally-left-blank.org/

Dances with Mice
02-25-2008, 11:03
March?! You're going hiking in March?!!!
HOW CAN ANYONE HIKE AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!

The Energy Policy Act of 2005 changed the time change dates for Daylight Saving Time. Beginning in 2007, DST will begin on the second Sunday of March and end the first Sunday of November. But the great majority of computer programs are still using the 'old' system. They'll all be an hour off! Four times! (You change the time manually, it changes itself on the programmed date, then repeat in the fall). Banks could shut down, paychecks won't be issued, work will stop and life as we know it will end!

This could be Y2K all over again! And you're going hiking?!

Actually, I kind of hope it is...in late 1999 we got approval to replace any instrument that wasn't certified Y2K compliant because, you know, if a toilet paper manufacturer's analytical lab were to crash then the world might as well end, life wouldn't be worth living. We had spectrometers so old that it didn't matter what year it was, they couldn't even tell what day it was. The manufacturer no longer supported those dinosaurs so we got all kinds of new stuff to play with. Sort of a waste because even the kookiest Y2K wackos didn't think the electromagnetic spectrum would be affected (well, most of them didn't) but the new instruments were sleek and shinier than the old and it didn't come out of our capital budget so life was good.

Getting upgrades out of this one will be harder to sell. Damn, if --something-- had happened back in 2000, anything at all, I might be able to swing replacing a couple of our infrared analyzers.