PDA

View Full Version : Looks Platypus's new Cleanstream filter won't be out until April

walkinfool
02-26-2008, 13:02
I'm leaving March 16 for my thru and I was hoping to get the new CleanStream filter, so I emailed Platypus to find out when it will be available. Here's what I received from them this morning:

Thank you for contacting Cascade Designs Inc.
The CleanStream is due out in spring. Unfortunately it will most likely be sometime in April at this point.
Too bad. I'm set on using a gravity filter, so it looks like I'll probably go with a Sawyer filter now.

-walkinfool

Frolicking Dinosaurs
02-26-2008, 13:24
I anyone else with a medical background having a problem with the name of this filter? :o

Hooch
02-26-2008, 13:26
I anyone else with a medical background having a problem with the name of this filter? :oNot 'til you said something. Thanks for ruining it for me. :eek: :D

kytrailman
02-26-2008, 13:44
I have been using the sawyer and it is awesome. super fast flow and light.

take-a-knee
02-26-2008, 13:48
I anyone else with a medical background having a problem with the name of this filter? :o

No, at least it doesn't say "clean catch".

Purple
02-26-2008, 19:09

I wonder if the guys even know what that means?;)

You'd just have to blockout the mental image when taking a sip ... yuk!:p

we need some more expression icon choices here ... something not as annoying as that dang banana ... gets your attention but m-a-n that thing is irritating

take-a-knee
02-27-2008, 00:33
I wonder if the guys even know what that means?;)

You'd just have to blockout the mental image when taking a sip ... yuk!:p

we need some more expression icon choices here ... something not as annoying as that dang banana ... gets your attention but m-a-n that thing is irritating

Urine is sterile most of the time anyway, in a survival situation you can irrigate a wound with it, no problem.

HIKER7s
02-27-2008, 07:25
Urine is sterile most of the time anyway, in a survival situation you can irrigate a wound with it, no problem.

you can even re-hydrate it from the ground to drink

Hooch
02-27-2008, 08:07
I wonder if the guys even know what that means?......As a nurse, I'm pretty sure I'm familiar with the term. ;):D

Hooch
02-27-2008, 08:15
Despite it's name, obviously given by a urologist, I do intend to give this little baby a try. I had really thought about the MSR Hyperflow, but I think it's too prmature at this point to decide on it for sure. Since it is mechanical in nature, I want to see some of the more extended field tests on it first. The CleanStream seems like a no-brainer if you ask me. Maybe that's why I like it so much. :datz

Ramble~On
02-27-2008, 08:36
:eek: Won't be a "clean stream" if you goof and use the "dirt" bag instead of the "clean" bag.
This filter does look purty intahrestin' though I'll wait for a lot of reviews, feedback and guinea pigs before I consider giving up drops.

Hooch
02-27-2008, 08:38
:eek: Won't be a "clean stream" if you goof and use the "dirt" bag instead of the "clean" bag.
This filter does look purty intahrestin' though I'll wait for a lot of reviews, feedback and guinea pigs before I consider giving up drops.Just takes a little reading, since the bags are labeled. :rolleyes: :D