PDA

View Full Version : thanks

Wags
02-26-2008, 15:40
i forget who and what thread, but someone suggested going to an army surplus store for p-38 can openers. i just picked up 2 for .50 cents each!

also 50' of parachord for 5 bucks. great intel guys (and gals)

bredler
02-26-2008, 17:02
I asked for alternatives, b/c there wasn't one local. In Food and Cooking forum.

shelterbuilder
02-26-2008, 22:19
i forget who and what thread, but someone suggested going to an army surplus store for p-38 can openers. i just picked up 2 for .50 cents each!

also 50' of parachord for 5 bucks. great intel guys (and gals)

There used to be one in Hamburg, but they closed a couple of years ago...you know of another one between Reading and Harrisburg??

Wags
02-26-2008, 23:04
main st in palmyra is actually where i got mine. i'm not sure about the west side of the river.

google told me this though:

Reading
Army & Navy Store
3400 Plaza Drive, Reading, PA
(610) 921-0251 and thishttp://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=army+navy+surplus+store&near=Reading,+PA&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1

Wags
02-26-2008, 23:06
if you can't find anything there just pm me and i'll go see if the one in palmyra has any left and just pick 2 up for you. could mail them in a regular envelope np...

shelterbuilder
02-27-2008, 22:32
main st in palmyra is actually where i got mine. i'm not sure about the west side of the river.

google told me this though:

Reading

Army & Navy Store
3400 Plaza Drive, Reading, PA
(610) 921-0251
and this
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=army+navy+surplus+store&near=Reading,+PA&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1

I don't shop the Army and Navy store anymore they tried to go upscale and it backfired on them. Last time I looked for their shop, They had moved (again) and they may be closed now.

Palmyra isn't that far - I'll have to check it out...I wonder if the wind will be blowing in from Hershey that day!!!:D Thanks.

Wags
02-27-2008, 23:17
yeah 'force' yourself to stop at chocolate world, take a free tour, and pick up some fresh chocolate (wayyyy better than the stuff they sell in stores) on your way through.

so, 83 to hershey
pick up 422 (83 really just turns into 422 so you don't have to turn)
follow through hershey
pass into palmyra
just past railroad st it's on the left. park w/e
the guys (and 1 gal) that own the store are very nice

so really it's a straight shot w/ no turns at all once you get on 83 until you get past railroad street, then it's a left turn into a small parking lot :D

shelterbuilder
02-28-2008, 19:42
yeah 'force' yourself to stop at chocolate world, take a free tour, and pick up some fresh chocolate (wayyyy better than the stuff they sell in stores) on your way through.

so, 83 to hershey
pick up 422 (83 really just turns into 422 so you don't have to turn)
follow through hershey
pass into palmyra
just past railroad st it's on the left. park w/e
the guys (and 1 gal) that own the store are very nice

so really it's a straight shot w/ no turns at all once you get on 83 until you get past railroad street, then it's a left turn into a small parking lot :D

Sounds like a weekend trip from Reading!!:D