PDA

View Full Version : Springer to Damascus

BenBNC
02-26-2008, 18:22
Hey, this is my first post on Whiteblaze, and must say this is a very useful site! But anyways, I think me and my dad are going to try and tackle a hike from Springer to Damascus before May hopefully. I don't have much experience on the trail, and I was just wondering what kind of hike I'm in for here.

Thanks!

Blissful
02-26-2008, 19:29
Hey, this is my first post on Whiteblaze, and must say this is a very useful site! But anyways, I think me and my dad are going to try and tackle a hike from Springer to Damascus before May hopefully. I don't have much experience on the trail, and I was just wondering what kind of hike I'm in for here.

Thanks!

:welcome to White Blaze.

It's tough, esp starting out. Need to take it easy until you get your trail legs and try and get the weight down in your gear. I found the Stecoah range before the Smokies the most challenging. But some great areas, great views, super time. I did the AT last year with my 16 yr old.

cannonball
02-26-2008, 19:36
It will be like rock candy.......hard ,sweet, and sticky.

Phreak
02-26-2008, 19:37

Thanks!
Take your time and have fun. Enjoy the quality time with your dad.

bloodmountainman
02-27-2008, 11:16
Georgia section has a lot of ups and downs! ( mostly ups)
N.C. mountains are a little higher, but you should have "trail legs" by then.
Smokies are beautiful, but the trail is not in the best of shape; ( over used)
Get past Erwin and it will be a breeze to Damascus!!
Great hike to do!!!! Have fun and stay safe.:D