PDA

View Full Version : So is Rock hiking this year?

The Solemates
02-26-2008, 23:20
Haven't heard much hub-bub about his upcoming hike if he is. Was just wandering if he was able to get away this year. Rock, you hikin?

warraghiyagey
02-26-2008, 23:22
Haven't heard much hub-bub about his upcoming hike if he is. Was just wandering if he was able to get away this year. Rock, you hikin?
There's a well worn thread on this subject titled "Where is Sgt. Rock?" :)

The Solemates
02-26-2008, 23:22
nevermind: http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31357

congrats rock!

The Solemates
02-26-2008, 23:23
There's a well worn thread on this subject titled "Where is Sgt. Rock?" :)

beat me to it...

Heater
02-26-2008, 23:25

Se the where is Sgt Rock thread.

Here. (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31357)

He should be going into Damsacus soon.

warraghiyagey
02-26-2008, 23:26
beat me to it...
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/wootrock.gif

dixicritter
02-26-2008, 23:28
He's lolly-gaggin ;) I hear tell he's taken a whole buncha zeros. :eek:

A-Train
02-27-2008, 00:19
He's lolly-gaggin ;) I hear tell he's taken a whole buncha zeros. :eek:

You know, he kinda reminds me of my friend Flick from 03'. Great guy, hiking for a charity, from the south, engineered race cars for Richard and Kyle Petty.
He was kinda slowed early on but the overwhelming amount of magic, friends meeting him, family, all over the south. Once he finally got out of his familiar zone, well, he started hiking a lot faster to get on home! I kinda think this will happen for Rock, though maybe with WB, his zone will be enlarged.

dixicritter
02-27-2008, 10:00
You know, he kinda reminds me of my friend Flick from 03'. Great guy, hiking for a charity, from the south, engineered race cars for Richard and Kyle Petty.
He was kinda slowed early on but the overwhelming amount of magic, friends meeting him, family, all over the south. Once he finally got out of his familiar zone, well, he started hiking a lot faster to get on home! I kinda think this will happen for Rock, though maybe with WB, his zone will be enlarged.

Oh I was kidding. I'm actually impressed he'll be in Damascus today. I really think he's doing GREAT considering all the zeros he had to take at the beginning to finish up his retirement and the ones he's taken to just come home and be with the boys and I. Not to mention the fact that he took the BMT route which has added 52.2 miles to his hike.

I'm extremely proud of Rock, I honestly think he's pushing himself too fast. There are folks who keep telling him in his guestbook and such to throw the watch away... I can guarantee y'all that won't happen... LOL.

The Solemates
02-28-2008, 16:59
Oh I was kidding. I'm actually impressed he'll be in Damascus today. I really think he's doing GREAT considering all the zeros he had to take at the beginning to finish up his retirement and the ones he's taken to just come home and be with the boys and I. Not to mention the fact that he took the BMT route which has added 52.2 miles to his hike.

I'm extremely proud of Rock, I honestly think he's pushing himself too fast. There are folks who keep telling him in his guestbook and such to throw the watch away... I can guarantee y'all that won't happen... LOL.

wow rock sure is lucky to have you:)

TOW
02-28-2008, 17:08
Sgt. Rock is just around the corner from here and then some................