PDA

View Full Version : Sat March 1st class

wrongway_08
02-27-2008, 09:54
Only 3 days to go :sun !!!

You all got your gear together and ready? Going to pack my gear up in a little bit and then I'm ready to roll!!!

Woke up around 4am, looked out the window and all I could think was "almost a full moon - enough light to hike off!!!!" Cant wait to do the night hiking! :)

Ready for the rain, foot problems, ice, snow, zero days, mud, hurt knees, rattle snake bites - okay that only applies to us stupid enough to play with them:p, running from banjo music, falling in the streams, iced up boots, and all the other fun times!!!

Catch ya all at Springer or somewhere along the way!!!

DAKS
02-27-2008, 09:59
good luck wrongway! have a great hike! i'll be reading yer' journal!

Cindy from Indy
02-27-2008, 10:00
Good Luck Wrongway 08!!!

May your trails be level and your days be dry. May your beer be cold and your friendships last forever!

GA>ME '08 ROCKS!!!!

Survivor Dave
02-27-2008, 10:00
Neels Gap live forecast, well, almost live:

3" of snow, windchill temp 5-10 degrees.

Plenty of water though:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

March 1st, Highs in the low 60s, Lows in the 30s(Trail temps)

Brrrrr...frickin' brutal. lol:D

You all got your gear together and ready? Going to pack my gear up in a little bit and then I'm ready to roll!!!

Woke up around 4am, looked out the window and all I could think was "almost a full moon - enough light to hike off!!!!" Cant wait to do the night hiking! :)

Ready for the rain, foot problems, ice, snow, zero days, mud, hurt knees, rattle snake bites - okay that only applies to us stupid enough to play with them:p, running from banjo music, falling in the streams, iced up boots, and all the other fun times!!!

dixicritter
02-27-2008, 10:02
Best of luck wrongway! Have a great hike!!! :)

Roots
02-27-2008, 10:26
Wrongway08, just got through reading your last journal entry. Sounds like you are ready to go. Good luck to you. Maybe Gungho and I will see you at Trail days. Happy Hiking!! :)

Cannibal
02-27-2008, 11:13
You all got your gear together and ready?

Grocery store run this afternoon, load the pack tomorrow night, get on the plane Friday morning. See ya on the Trail wrongway_08!

Hooch
02-27-2008, 11:19
Wrongway and Cannibal, best wishes for an excellent thru! I know Cannibal will be more comfy cause he's "thru-hamocking". :p I'll definitely be following both your TJ's closely. Cannibal, hope I can catch up with ya some and hang a night or 2.....give me a shout some time!

warraghiyagey
02-27-2008, 11:24
Just for a little 'moon' help along the AT. If you see it in the condition it was at 4AM, that means it's 24 more days to a full moon!:D
Have a great hike. See you somewhere in the northeast.
Break a leg. I'll miss your posts.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad016.gif

Write when you get a chance - are you journalling? Maybe a link to your journal, honestly - I've never read anyone's trail journal but my interest is piqued this year with all the WB riends on the trail
Peace:sun

Thoughtful Owl
02-27-2008, 11:27
Best of luck to wrongway, cannonball and all the 08'ers. I will be hiking with many of you through your TJ so keep the posts coming.

wrongway_08
02-27-2008, 11:34
I will be on WB and trail journals. Decided to bring HP Travel Companion, as long as its not too big of a head ache.

I am on trail journals and will be keeping it updated.

Lookg good so far, who else are we keeping an eye out for?

Ron Haven
02-27-2008, 14:03

Catch ya all at Springer or somewhere along the way!!!Wrongway 08 best of luck to you and everyone that starts.I am going down in Ga around Springer or near there for a 2 or 3 day hike myself.Maybe I will see you there.:D

Blissful
02-27-2008, 14:35
You must be so excited (Underdog agrees). Have a super great hike

(Blissful contending with Springer fever and lots of memories, sigh)

Boudin
02-27-2008, 18:55
Have fun!!!

wrongway_08
02-27-2008, 19:09
Just for a little 'moon' help along the AT. If you see it in the condition it was at 4AM, that means it's 24 more days to a full moon!:D
Have a great hike. See you somewhere in the northeast.
Break a leg. I'll miss your posts.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad016.gif

Write when you get a chance - are you journalling? Maybe a link to your journal, honestly - I've never read anyone's trail journal but my interest is piqued this year with all the WB riends on the trail
Peace:sun
Whats up with your trails journals link, it wont work for me? Tried a few different times thinking trailjournals was down.

doggiebag
02-27-2008, 19:10
Wrongway,

Before you leave make sure you swing by my place ... I've got that
device to help you avoid that re-route around Fontana Dam. This is the
right flotation device right? click here (http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?trailname=6537)Why didn't you just send it over to your place anyway?

Regards,
DB

wrongway_08
02-27-2008, 19:48
Wrongway,

Before you leave make sure you swing by my place ... I've got that
device to help you avoid that re-route around Fontana Dam. This is the
right flotation device right? click here (http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?trailname=6537)Why didn't you just send it over to your place anyway?

Regards,
DB

Nice of you to offer but if I use it, whattaya going to do for sex for the next 6 months???? :eek: :D

doggiebag
02-27-2008, 19:59
Nice of you to offer but if I use it, whattaya going to do for sex for the next 6 months???? :eek: :D

No need for those type of insults - :mad:

I guess you meant shipboard inflatables
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:xvEgn17YML2JCM:http://images.intl.shopping.msn.com/au/img/8/96/1/11814407.jpg (http://images.intl.shopping.msn.com/au/img/8/96/1/11814407.jpg).

Not inflatable sheep like the "Luvn Lamb" products that you go through every couple of weeks:
http://www.qualitycondoms.com/media/luvin_lamb

Regardless .... stay safe and stay warm - and you better make it to Harpers Ferry - at a minimum. You've trained hard enough.

Tinker
02-28-2008, 02:06
That is way wrong! :)

Glad I didn't share a tent with you guys on the Jan. "Parade of Fools" in NY.

Take care, Wrongway. Hope to see you in New England.

Mad Hatter 08
02-28-2008, 07:26
I am on a plane to GA this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see and meet you wrongway and everyone else. I am so stoked!!

chiefdaddy
02-28-2008, 09:22
i will be there sat morning look out for my little dog hmmm i mean my huge mean killer dog :) be afraid be very afraid the killer boston bull is on the lose

Jaybird
02-28-2008, 10:00
Only 3 days to go :sun !!!........................

GOOD LUCK March starters
"Jigsaw" & i will see you ..."Early-birds"
in VA in late April & May:D

Good luck with your hike!

Heater
02-28-2008, 10:55
Neels Gap live forecast, well, almost live:

3" of snow, windchill temp 5-10 degrees.

Plenty of water though:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

March 1st, Highs in the low 60s, Lows in the 30s(Trail temps)

Brrrrr...frickin' brutal. lol:D

Sounds GREAT to me! :D

AlwaysHiking
02-28-2008, 10:56
Best of luck, wrongway! I'll keep an eye on your journals and the Fun Factor and I will come meet you somewhere on the trail and bring you some good liquor and homemade food!

May you have a speedy and injury free hike... and only a few wasted miles in backtracking to find your way again! ;-)

wudhipy
02-28-2008, 11:07
Wishing you the best of luck as well as all of the class of 08....as with every other year I am truly envious of you as my time has yet to arrive. See ya in Damascus for sure and perhaps along the way during a section.

wudhipy

jessicacomp
02-29-2008, 08:08
GOOD LUCK! I know there are a lot of you starting tomorrow, so best of luck. Youll be in my thought :)

chiefdaddy
02-29-2008, 09:11
On my way Bro, Much love for ya and hope to see you and everyone else there! I Just feel better this morning for some odd reason :D

wrongway_08
02-29-2008, 11:08
Alright, heading out, just picked up the rental car, going to grab one last big/fatty arse meal and then hit road!

See ya out there!!!!

happy hiking,
Rick

bikeman123
02-29-2008, 11:26
Yeeaaaahhh, it's already tomorrow in my mind! Went from 14" of fresh powder on Saddleback, ME Wednesday to t-shirt weather in Georgia yesterday. 3/1/08, here I come! Wrongway, I'll see ya out there.

Jan LiteShoe
02-29-2008, 12:33
Good luck Pack 3/1 of 2008!

Don't forget:
http://www.hometokatahdin.com/photos/
http://www.hometokatahdin.com/photos/
:)

Chaco Taco
02-29-2008, 12:44
Awesome guys. Have a great hike and stay warm.

Frosty
03-01-2008, 00:35
Best of luck to the Class of 2008.

Those who journal, mention those WBers you meet on the trail.

And don't forget to get your free steak dinner from ATTROLL when you get to northern Maine!!!!!!

peter_pan
03-01-2008, 07:59
Good luck to you and all the 1 March starters.... See you at Trail Days, if you double back for the party.

Pan

Carp
03-01-2008, 11:40
Good luck everyone!

dessertrat
03-01-2008, 14:04
Good luck to all, though you shouldn't be reading this if you're on the trail.

Sharkey
03-01-2008, 14:16
Good luck to Wrongway and all the others. Hope everyone has a great hike.

Christopher Robin
03-01-2008, 18:06
God speed to all of you and look forward in seeing you all as I come SOBO. this Summer.