PDA

View Full Version : Just for the note

Former Easy
01-13-2004, 03:35
This site actually started in april 2002, Ganj , and ATrain were the first members, many knew about it at trail days 2002, then the Weasel came. I ran or owned this site to January 2003 but you all owned it like i said before. I hosted this site till Febuary 2003. My intentions to not give it to ATTroll were solely on his unexperience with web development. Me and SGT.Rock had intelligience in this area before. Yes I might have owned other buisness's in the past, but as far as why I started this place was to shut down another and give people a choice. But I can say ATtroll has learned alot about being a good webmaster in the mean time. I passed this site on once it served it purpose. Right ..... Max Patch :D

Yes I do discourage people from ralfing on me whether its users or trolls, however I do need to say I never disrespected one person on this site that hasn't me first. I think the biggest mistake I made was to start this site in disrespect of Wingfoot but thats how it was started. And Dan im sorry dude. For those that don't know Dan he's a radical fool called Wingfoot and his site is http://trailplace.com stop in there check it out ....... if you don't like it come back here.

Also I have no apoligies for the women service men usually end up with, maybe Dicxcritter and Tank are an exception to the rules.

But hey im in my 40's and 260 pounds, and all my woman are 20 ish. What do I know :banana

Former Easy
01-13-2004, 03:47
I meant lifetime service men ....... some will understand what I mean

Chappy
01-13-2004, 07:24
I meant lifetime service men ....... some will understand what I mean

Mr. Former Easy: I'm a lifetime service member ( I think you mean career soldier). Would you please explain your comment about the kind of women we end up with? BTW, I'm still praying for you.

Former Easy
01-13-2004, 19:43
Mr. Former Easy: I'm a lifetime service member ( I think you mean career soldier). Would you please explain your comment about the kind of women we end up with? BTW, I'm still praying for you.

Its a joke Chappy, in the 80's I worked on Great Lakes Navy Base, Fort Sheridan and the Glenview Navy Air Base with a moving company contracted by the goverment to handle the moving of all military personnel in the area. We used to joke about the Jerry Springer type woman found on the bases. Maybe just these three bases had this problem, I don't know I haven't been on other bases so I guess I couldn't make an accurate evaluation on the quality of women on other bases around the world.

Moose2001
01-13-2004, 21:36
Easy, do you ever go back and read the posts that you make? If you did, I think you would realize just how stupid they make you look. As a retired E-8, I take great offense at the moronic remarks that you made about women married to service members. I had a huge flame written out that detailed just how asinine you really are. Then after I read it, I realized that kind of tactic made me no better than you.

So, I’ll just say this to you. Easy, you need some serious help from a trained mental health professional. You need to get sober, stay sober, and get some help with your mental health problems. Now I have no doubt that you’ll blow this off and call me all kinds of names. However, I also think you know what the truth is. If you really want to be a man, get some help with your problems.

dixicritter
01-15-2004, 00:16
Easy, I'm gonna take that as a compliment and say thank you. ;)

Folks don't worry, I think sometimes Easy's sense of humor just doesn't translate well to the text type communication that we have here on the boards.

:)

Chappy
01-15-2004, 04:00
Easy, I'm gonna take that as a compliment and say thank you. ;)

Folks don't worry, I think sometimes Easy's sense of humor just doesn't translate well to the text type communication that we have here on the boards.

:)

Miss DixieCritter: Some things are untouchable when it comes to humor...my wife happens to be one. BTW: I'm still praying for Mr. Former Easy.

Lone Wolf
03-19-2009, 11:57
This site actually started in april 2002, Ganj , and ATrain were the first members, many knew about it at trail days 2002, then the Weasel came. I ran or owned this site to January 2003 but you all owned it like i said before. I hosted this site till Febuary 2003. My intentions to not give it to ATTroll were solely on his unexperience with web development. Me and SGT.Rock had intelligience in this area before. Yes I might have owned other buisness's in the past, but as far as why I started this place was to shut down another and give people a choice. But I can say ATtroll has learned alot about being a good webmaster in the mean time. I passed this site on once it served it purpose. Right ..... Max Patch :D

Yes I do discourage people from ralfing on me whether its users or trolls, however I do need to say I never disrespected one person on this site that hasn't me first. I think the biggest mistake I made was to start this site in disrespect of Wingfoot but thats how it was started. And Dan im sorry dude. For those that don't know Dan he's a radical fool called Wingfoot and his site is http://trailplace.com stop in there check it out ....... if you don't like it come back here.

Also I have no apoligies for the women service men usually end up with, maybe Dicxcritter and Tank are an exception to the rules.

But hey im in my 40's and 260 pounds, and all my woman are 20 ish. What do I know :banana

alrighty then! :banana

Darwin again
03-19-2009, 12:44
Wolf is pulling up Classic White Blaze for us now.
Awesome stuff.
The more it changes, the more it stays ... whatever.

Smile
03-19-2009, 12:59
Yes Darwin again, but does it evolve? :)

The Weasel
03-19-2009, 14:16
Yes Darwin again, but does it evolve? :)

No. It was created. :eek:

Weasee

jersey joe
03-19-2009, 14:27
This site was started in disrespect of wingfoot? I didn't know that...maybe it is bad karma that is haunting WB?!?

The Weasel
03-19-2009, 14:39
"Easy" didn't start it in 'disrespect' of Dan Bruce as much as because of Dan's disrespect of Easy and a large number of others. At that time (and for some years before), the expression of any opinion other than ones agreeing with WF was forbidden on TrailPlace, particularly on politics affecting the trail, environmental issues, the "meaning" of the trail, and a number of other issues, not the least of which was Dan himself. Even making fun of such issues was a serious offense, and Dan simply closed accounts for people he disapproved of, with no warning and no explanation. Jack Tarlin (then known primarily as "Baltimore Jack") may have held the record for most expulsions, but many of us got booted. After a while, with appropriate groveling, Dan would let you re-enter the site. Why grovel? Because, other than AT-L, TrailPlace was the only game in town.

"Easy" started this site, and many of those TP expellees started hanging out here, because (at least then), things like having strong opinions, disagreeing about trail issues, and even lesser sins, such as - quel horreur! - thread drift were tolerated here. Instead of it being a Guru expecting his disciples to sit at his feet in adulation. WhiteBlaze (then) was explicitly considered to be a campfire, with people arguing, laughing, sometimes peeing into the flames and occasionally going a few yards into the woods to slug it out with someone and then return, arm-in-arm, to have another brewski or two. As that occurred, Dan basically banned, permanently, anyone who was too vocal here, sometimes expelling people who hadn't "done anything" other than apparently post here.

Easy's memory, for many reasons, is a little weak on that history; early on, he (and many of the rest of us) posted comments that this site wasn't a competitor to TrailPlace, but simply a different approach. I'm not certain that Dan viewed it that way, however. The success of WhiteBlaze and WF's desire not to change, however, may have had at least something to do with the dwindling number of posts/visits at TP and its loss of influence on the Trail.

If there was 'bad karma', I think it worked the other way. That's too bad.

TW

ASUGrad
03-19-2009, 14:51
When in doubt, assume the best about what was said

Lugnut
03-19-2009, 16:11
I liked Dave (Easy). He had another site prior to WB, ATforums or something? Forget the name now. I was on that along with Weasel and a few others who came over here when this began. Easy could be at the very least 'entertaining' especially after a few. On time he posted that everyone on the site was an s.o.b. except 8 people. I got an email saying I was one of the eight. I figured he sent everyone an email like that. He had a crazy sense of 'humor' that surely drove Attroll and Sgt rock nearly mad. Still, I wish him well. :)

jersey joe
03-19-2009, 17:34
"Easy" didn't start it in 'disrespect' of Dan Bruce as much as because of Dan's disrespect of Easy and a large number of others.
Those weren't my words Weasel, they were Easy's words in the original post.

putts
03-19-2009, 17:38
In 07 I met a hiker named Easy (Im sure there's been more than one) in VA probrably around June. We BS'd over a couple drinks in Parisburg - seemed like a nice guy. He mentioned this website but didn/t say a whole lot about it. I think he said he was from NY. Does anyone know if this was the same Easy? Just curious.

Lugnut
03-19-2009, 17:46
In 07 I met a hiker named Easy (Im sure there's been more than one) in VA probrably around June. We BS'd over a couple drinks in Parisburg - seemed like a nice guy. He mentioned this website but didn/t say a whole lot about it. I think he said he was from NY. Does anyone know if this was the same Easy? Just curious.

I think Easy was from Chicago and he wouldn't have had only a couple. :D

max patch
03-20-2009, 09:54
"Easy" didn't start it in 'disrespect' of Dan Bruce as much as because of Dan's disrespect of Easy and a large number of others.

Rewriting the history book again?

Or have you forgotten some of those 3:00 am disrespectful posts Easy wrote about Dan?