PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious Quest Apparel

Dom1215
02-27-2008, 21:09
I can not find information on 'Quest' gear anywhere. They sell at places like Dicks, but it is impossible to find reviews on any of their stuff. I have quite a bit of Quest apparel and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with it - or knows where I can find information about it!

Does anyone have the new Quest rain jacket? I recently bought it (nice sale it cost 70, but I got it for 30!) and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about.

Phreak
02-27-2008, 21:21
I can not find information on 'Quest' gear anywhere. They sell at places like Dicks, but it is impossible to find reviews on any of their stuff. I have quite a bit of Quest apparel and I'm just wondering if anyone else has experience with it - or knows where I can find information about it!

Does anyone have the new Quest rain jacket? I recently bought it (nice sale it cost 70, but I got it for 30!) and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me anything about.

Quest is Dick's own brand of gear. It's entry level quality.

Dom1215
02-27-2008, 21:23
Oh!
Wow, that answers a lot of questions.
I can't even find the stuff on Dicks website.

WILLIAM HAYES
02-27-2008, 22:21
Don't waste your money on it. Invest in gear that is durable and won't let you down

Dom1215
02-27-2008, 22:46
Really?
I have loved my quest stuff so far! I have a winter coat that I bought several years ago and I love it way more than any of my other winter jackets. My friend has a sleeping bag that she loves and so far (okay, I haven't actually worn it in any real rain, but I have tested it under the sink!) I like the raincoat I invested in.

I was just hoping to find more information on it.

Toolshed
02-27-2008, 22:54
Really?
I have loved my quest stuff so far! ....and I love it way more than any of my other winter jackets. My friend has a sleeping bag that she loves ....
Nothing like young love.....

Jason of the Woods
02-27-2008, 22:56
I like my Quest sleeping bag. It is heavy so I only use it for car camping but it keeps me warm and toasty. I must say that I like my WM bag a little better!

Tinker
02-28-2008, 01:16
Quest once was a name associated with innovative, high quality hiking gear (mostly tents - the Preying Mantis probably the most recognized).
They went out of business in the 1990s and sold the rights to the name and logo to Dick's Sporting goods. The quality of the gear varies wildly as different "Quest" offerings are actually made by many different manufacturers to Dick's specifications.
I had a pretty good Quest tent from Dick's which was an exact copy of a Big Agnes Seedhouse 2, but the quality of the fabric coating wasn't very good. I also bought low top hikers which didn't last too long but were comfortable.

Squeamish
05-14-2008, 20:36
I have 2 sleeping bags from them, and they are bad. My Mtn Hrdwr Lanina works much better.

River Runner
05-14-2008, 20:41
Quest is not bad for entry level. I know the tent you are talking about Tinker - a friend of mine has one and it really is a decent tent at a good price.

Quest won't be the most innovative or lightest gear, but for those just testing the waters and not wanting to invest a lot of money it should be very serviceable.

Captain
05-15-2008, 06:59
one test that i thought would work is if i took something " water proof" and filled the pockets ( inside and outside) with flour and put a bunch of flour in the center bundle it up and run it under the sink full blast for 10 minutes.. i ended up with a jacket coated in pasty gloppish dough

greentick
05-15-2008, 07:22
My brother in law has a large quest pack, like 90+L, that one would think could handle a lot of weight but after a few section hikes (bout 12 nights worth) some of the seams started coming apart. Luckily he had it less than a year and they exchanged it for a new one (wouldn't refund). He never had more than 45lbs in it.

Heres a pic:
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12977&catid=member&imageuser=6848