PDA

View Full Version : Episode #18 Iowa....American Discovery Trail

Lion King
02-29-2008, 13:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUd2xeZP-Kw

I think this is the link but I am at one of those damn libraries that has a block on it so I cant watch it, or bring it up.

So, please tell me if it is any good.....maybe If I can get the 12 miles to the next library in the next few hours I can watch it later.

Thanks

Hooch
02-29-2008, 14:03
Excellet vid, Lion King, you rock. Hope to meet you one of these days. Coming to Trail Days this year?

eric_plano
02-29-2008, 15:52
Nice clip! Hiking a trail and just happen to be able to ask a possible future president how he would protect the parks etc. ...pretty sweet imo.

weary
02-29-2008, 17:36
Removed
The Appalachian Trail exists as a continuous 2,175 mile footpath because a few people fought a bitter political battle for a decade and a half to convince Congress to buy the narrow corridor that the trail goes through.

Almost all of the thousands of miles of trails in this nation are located on publicly-owned land, protection of which depends on politicians and the willingness of citizens to demand that they be protected.

Politics and trails are intricately connected, have always been, and always will be. Many thanks to Lion King for his initiative and skill in producing a great video on the views of one of the four candidates for President.

Weary

Lion King
02-29-2008, 20:10
well, now I got to see it 14 miles later.

Boy Im BUSHED.

oh wait...that might offend a ridiculous person who thinks if something doesnt jive with their personal opinions then it isnt fit to be seen in the MEDIA forum for HIKING, which is what this video is.

I could give a monkeys bloody ass if he wins, I inquired about Trails and environmentalism he answered and I WAS ON THE TRAIL>

What a bunch of sally's.

As Sly stated,it is a video about what happened on a specific day on the ADT.

You people are way to frikkin uptight.

oldfivetango
02-29-2008, 20:29
Nice job Lion King! I thought you came off well with your question btw.
Anybody who believes a politician during a campaign(or anyother time for
that matter) is likely going to be disappointed.That goes for BOTH sides of
the aisle.The next president was very kind to mention TR and give him credit
for his taking the iniative for pulic lands and preservation so long ago.
I can't wait to see what happens when he takes office!
Oldfivetango

tazie
02-29-2008, 20:57
Very good LK! A nice slice of Americana...I enjoy watching these. When you road-hike do you get any offers for rides? You do good work, thanks again.

max patch
03-01-2008, 14:36
Many thanks to Lion King for his initiative and skill in producing a great video on the views of one of the four candidates for President.

Sounds like you agree that this belongs on the political thread.

weary
03-01-2008, 15:16
Sounds like you agree that this belongs on the political thread.
To be consistent and logical all talk of the Appalachian Trail would also have to be in the political forum. Since the trail has been bought and paid for and is managed by politicians or bureaucrats paid through the political process.

But to answer your question, I see no need to segregate conversations with people we meet on the trail from the rank and file White Blaze members. Only few trails go through places where politicians are likely to hang out, so it's not likely that you will be offended very often. Just screw up your courage and face it. It truly won't hurt too much to hear a few seconds of real words from a candidate.

You can always go to a radio talk show afterwards. Such shows are skilled at erasing the meaning of any words a listener finds offensive.

Weary

Lion King
03-01-2008, 17:53
Sounds like you agree that this belongs on the political thread.i

This is a MEDIA THREAD...you and two others are making it Political.

If you want to discuss the political side of this bit of media, please take it to the POLITICAL FORUM and stop highjacking this thread with negativity.

I am amazed at how if something doesnt set right with the beliefs of some people how they will try to control it in any way they can.

Shows a great deal of insecurity via person, party or Nation.

Heater
03-01-2008, 18:21
i

This is a MEDIA THREAD...you and two others are making it Political.

If you want to discuss the political side of this bit of media, please take it to the POLITICAL FORUM and stop highjacking this thread with negativity.

I am amazed at how if something doesnt set right with the beliefs of some people how they will try to control it in any way they can.

Shows a great deal of insecurity via person, party or Nation.

I thought it was more political. Not much hike in there.

Sly
03-01-2008, 20:03
I thought it was more political. Not much hike in there.

**** happens on a hike. LK was able to film one of the presidential contenders ans ask him about the environment on his HIKE. That's incredible. It doesn't need to be moved into a subscription forum (yet). If you don't like it don't click.

Mr. Parkay
03-01-2008, 21:37
Cool video. It's awesome that lion king was able incorporate the event into his hike, and ask a presidential canditate about our trail system and national parks. Something that is important to all of us, regardless of party affiliation.

BlackUp
03-01-2008, 22:07
Nice vid Lion King. Thanks for bringing up environmental conservation with Obama.

fiddlehead
03-02-2008, 03:57
Wouldn't load for me here in Thailand
Oh, i'm sorry, did i say something political?

Skyline
03-02-2008, 09:42
This was a good video. One of a good series of videos. Yes, there's a political candidate in the video who was asked questions about issues important to HIKERS. But this video is not just about that candidate. BTW, he happens to be a Democrat. OMG!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Had there been a Republican candidate along the ADT that day no doubt Lion King would have asked something similar of him.

The anti-progressive forces on WB are the ones who are turning this thread political. I suggest the rest of us just ignore them so it doesn't get moved to a segregated area. This YouTube video deserves to be seen by as wide an audience as the others LK has made.

When you guys who don't like Obama get out on a TRAIL and ask a Republican the same kinds of questions LK asked Obama, post it here or on another section dedicated to that trail. I promise not to whine like y'all have.:welcome

Sly
03-02-2008, 10:56
Too bad the environment, trails, and parks can't be discussed without screaming righties forcing the thread to a subscribed area. You guys are ****ed.

ed bell
03-02-2008, 12:28
Too bad the environment, trails, and parks can't be discussed without screaming righties forcing the thread to a subscribed area. You guys are ****ed.Ain't that the truth. Too much pent up typing energy because they wont join the subscription area I suspect, and the main board suffers from it.

dixicritter
03-02-2008, 13:46
This thread is being re-opened, after being cleaned up. It is now to be a discussion of the announcement of Lion King's video. The political discussion can be held in the copy of the political portion of this thread that I made for y'all down in the political forum. And the Administrators of this site do not need anyone to speak for us. There was nothing wrong with Lion King posting this thread here in the first place. It has ALWAYS been acceptable for trail related content such as government funding for National Parks to be posted in the hiking forums. However, getting into the bipartisan politics of it all is what isn't acceptable. In other words calling each other "left wingers", "right wing nutcases", "Commies" and the like or posting the Obama '08 or McCain'08 or whomever your favorite candidate is. Just keep that stuff down in the politics forum.

Now I'll open this thread and we can get back to the discussion of Lion King's video. I hope everyone understands and will respect the rules and each other. Thank you. :)

Skyline
03-02-2008, 17:51
This thread is being re-opened, after being cleaned up. It is now to be a discussion of the announcement of Lion King's video. The political discussion can be held in the copy of the political portion of this thread that I made for y'all down in the political forum. And the Administrators of this site do not need anyone to speak for us. There was nothing wrong with Lion King posting this thread here in the first place. It has ALWAYS been acceptable for trail related content such as government funding for National Parks to be posted in the hiking forums. However, getting into the bipartisan politics of it all is what isn't acceptable. In other words calling each other "left wingers", "right wing nutcases", "Commies" and the like or posting the Obama '08 or McCain'08 or whomever your favorite candidate is. Just keep that stuff down in the politics forum.

Now I'll open this thread and we can get back to the discussion of Lion King's video. I hope everyone understands and will respect the rules and each other. Thank you. :)

That was a lot of work. I'm sure you have better things to do on a beautiful Sunday morning. But we thank you anyway. Your solution is a good one.

hopefulhiker
03-03-2008, 14:12
Is the trail Lion King hiking have anything to do with Lewis and Clark?

orangebug
03-03-2008, 15:32
No, it goes from Delaware to Northern California. Here is a link. (http://www.discoverytrail.org/)

Lion King
03-03-2008, 19:46
Is the trail Lion King hiking have anything to do with Lewis and Clark?

In this area only by Council Bluffs and Omaha, but there a lot of L&C markers along the route in this area

http://www.lewisandclarktrail.com/section1/omahasiouxcity.htm

grquinn
03-03-2008, 23:14
That was the greatest speech about the environment and trails I have ever heard.