PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant on Aska Road

Phreak
02-29-2008, 13:38
Can anyone tell me the name of the restaurant on Aska Road at BMT mile 36.5?
Thanks!

jesse
02-29-2008, 13:47
Tacooa Riverside

pittmad
02-29-2008, 14:25
great fishing right there...

Boudin
02-29-2008, 21:19
Good food.

envirodiver
02-29-2008, 21:26
My trail guide also mentions the Shallowford River Shack 0.1 mi. after Shallowford bridge Rd. Intersects Aska Rd.. They are closed on Wednesdays and the hours of operation can be found on their website. I don't have the URL so I guess you can google it. Sorry

Hikerhead
02-29-2008, 22:23
There's three places to eat within the next mile after you cross the bridge north bound. One just opened right straight across from the bridge. I was in there a few months ago. It looked like they seved hamburgers and hotdogs and ice cream. Then the Shallow River Shack that Envirodiver mentions above, then just before you turn left off of this road is the Tacooa Riverside that Jessebrent mentions. We hit this section on the day that all of them were closed, bad luck for us.

envirodiver
03-04-2008, 15:33
The day that I came through they were all closed except the place the Hikerhead mentions which is just across the bridge. It was OK, but better than what was in my pack. Nice folks running the place, so that's a plus.

Hikerhead
03-04-2008, 19:36
The day that I came through they were all closed except the place the Hikerhead mentions which is just across the bridge. It was OK, but better than what was in my pack. Nice folks running the place, so that's a plus.

Here's a few pics of the new Tocooa Wilderness across from the bridge.
Yes, very nice folks. They were waiting on BMT brochures to put out on the counter.

Bluebearee
03-16-2008, 18:03
Yeah that was a true bummer wasn't it H-P? I think the breakfast place was closed the whole day we went by (a Weds?), the Riverside didn't open til later in the day, and the third place that just opened, was defunct at that time in 05. I was majorly bummed....looking forward to a greasy breakfast somewhere! Glad to hear there might be a new option there now.

GGS2
03-16-2008, 19:32
Here's a few pics of the new Tacooa Wilderness across from the bridge.
Yes, very nice folks. They were waiting on BMT brochures to put out on the counter.

The picture says Toccoa.

Hikerhead
03-16-2008, 22:43
Yeah that was a true bummer wasn't it H-P? I think the breakfast place was closed the whole day we went by (a Weds?), the Riverside didn't open til later in the day, and the third place that just opened, was defunct at that time in 05. I was majorly bummed....looking forward to a greasy breakfast somewhere! Glad to hear there might be a new option there now.

Yeap...it was a pisser.

Hikerhead
03-16-2008, 22:53
The picture says Toccoa.

You're right, I was wrong...I fixed it.