PDA

View Full Version : Dehydrating for AT. trip

Christopher Robin
03-04-2008, 17:11
Geting ready for my trip by dehydrating most of my own food & found tin fruit like; mongos, kniwi, papia are realy good & away to have some fruit when you have ran out of fresh ones. I was wondrering what other items that others like to dry or any favorit recipes you might have to share?
Thank you, CR.:sun:sun

Lellers
03-04-2008, 17:26
I like to dry bananas til they are crisp. Then I grind them up in a coffee grinder and add the banana powder to my oatmeal, cream of wheat, or even stir it into hot chocolate. I also like almost any chili dehydrated. I make up a big batch with ground meat. A short soak and not too much cooking, and I have a hearty dinner, especially with cheese. I've dehydrated sour cream, too, and ground that up and add it to the chili. Not bad.

nightshaded
03-04-2008, 17:30
just got into dehydrating a few months ago...i've dehydrated salsa, cooked turnips, carrots, curried rice, papayas, potato dishes, etc, etc.
lentil dishes dehydrate quickly and are tasty and high in nutrition.

tiptoe
03-04-2008, 17:59
Apples are good, pinapples are unbelievably good. Buy the fruit when it's on sale, of course. You can also add cooked pasta (I like to use whole-wheat elbows or other smallish types) to a meat sauce and dehydrate the whole thing. Makes a great trail meal. Beef jerky, too.