PDA

View Full Version : Planning a 2009 NOBO?

Neurosis
03-05-2008, 14:50
I am planning a NOBO thru-hike sometime next year, completely up in the air for a start date, I live around the boston area. Anyone interested in planning a trip together?

mark.k.watson
03-05-2008, 20:23
March 3 09. My wife and I are departing. Maybe we'll see ya there.

basshummper
03-27-2008, 15:23
I am planning a NOBO thru-hike sometime next year, completely up in the air for a start date, I live around the boston area. Anyone interested in planning a trip together?

i'm not much of a hiker as far as experiance, but iv'e done a crap load of day hikes and would like to start doing some 3-5 day hikes. for some reason i've got the idea in my head that blazing the AT in 2009 would be fun. if you want a hiking partner to help you train up for your trip i might be game.

kytrailman
03-28-2008, 14:15
Neurois-- keep in touch. I am planning a NOBO thru in '09 also. Will probably start around March 1.

i'mthru
04-10-2008, 23:22
I am preparing to NOBO next year as well. While not set in stone, I was looking at going closer to the end of March in order to limit the amount of cold weather hiking I'll have to endure. Maybe even the first week of April. I was also wanting to time it close enough to hit Trail Days in Damascus. kytrailman, I see you're from Louisville as well. I was wondering how you were planning to get to Springer Mt.?

HippieHiker
04-13-2008, 23:40
Hey im planning on doing the AT in early march 09, as of now I dont have a partner but was just planning on doing it solo. I dont want to set a quota of a certain mileage a day.....rather hike it slow and take in the beauty. This summer im going to WMI (wilderness Medical Institute) and getting my advanced wilderness medical training.

RadioFreq
04-14-2008, 12:28
March 3 09. My wife and I are departing. Maybe we'll see ya there.

I, too, plan on being up on Springer March 2 or 3 to start my thru.

bayinghounds
04-14-2008, 19:23
Hey, me and the dog are planning on a thru-hike. Trying to get some alone time out there but really wouldn't mind some company either. No set start date, so if you don't mind dogs, drop me a line.

mtnkngxt
04-23-2008, 18:03
I won't be able to go thru per say, but I'm planning an 09 from Trail Days North until august 15th in order to make it back in time for classes to start. If anyone is interested I make good miles, but prefer hiking with other people due to a medical condition.

hurryinghoosier
04-24-2008, 08:51
March 17th for me.

Captain
04-24-2008, 08:59
im planning a NOBO next year, assuming i survive the SOBO THIS year

rustisailor
05-06-2008, 22:22
I am currently planning my trip to leave from Georgia in the beginning of March 2009. I would really love to find someone who would be willing to commit to the entire trail.

RadioFreq
05-07-2008, 10:41
I am currently planning my trip to leave from Georgia in the beginning of March 2009. I would really love to find someone who would be willing to commit to the entire trail.

Many are committed (or should be).......few succeed.

Chance09
05-29-2008, 12:59
Hey im planning on doing the AT in early march 09, as of now I dont have a partner but was just planning on doing it solo. I dont want to set a quota of a certain mileage a day.....rather hike it slow and take in the beauty. This summer im going to WMI (wilderness Medical Institute) and getting my advanced wilderness medical training.

Mind hiking a day or two behind me? That could come in handy. ;)

HippieHiker
05-29-2008, 15:17
haha, i went to the smokeys with two guys who went their last year. they learned a lot of pretty cool stuff, now one of them is a backwoods ranger in the yukon

ShelterLeopard
06-06-2008, 01:30
I'm solo hiking, but I'd like to start with someone, just to get into the swing of things, so I'm looking for a partner for a couple days. Anyone interested?

Cool AT Breeze
06-07-2008, 22:03
Almost everyone starts out solo.But from day one we form groups.By the time you get to MT. Crossings you have sorted out your groups by hiking style and speed. By the time you hit Franklin NC your group has become your trail family. But it is nice to know someone when you get on the trail that first day. Just don't plan to hike with that person to the end.

cookie44
06-08-2008, 07:34
looking for a partner for march of o9 I want to hike the AT

griffinnpaige
06-28-2008, 20:51
it was just yesterday that a friend of a friend refered me here, otherwise i would have joined the conversation much sooner. as personal friends and family have consecutively fallen through in regard to joining my journey, i'm looking beyond whom i already know. i have a significant amount of backpacking experience, especially in the appalachians, south carolina to new hampshire, but having been taught well, i'm nonetheless pretty commited to the buddy system on anything more than day hikes. originally i thought i'd leave late february/early march, but i'm fairly flexible about that really, especially for like-minded fellow hikers. i'm not tall enough to have as long a stride as many but i think i can complete it in 5 months with suffient time to enjoy it as well. i'm hiking to enjoy the effort, the scenery, the journey, the challenge. in my mind towns are primarily for resupplying- if i wanted to hang around them very long, i probably wouldn't be undeniably eager to thru-hike the AT. i know there's alot of factors to talk about in choosing someone for joining your thru-hike, but if anybody wants to consider forming a hiking party with me, i'd like to work on that.

BlindMoose`
06-29-2008, 14:33
I too am planning on a NOBO around March 1 - depending on weather. I plan to check the farmers almanac fro clues on whether that date is good - maybe a bit earlier or later.

dactylicbinkie
07-06-2008, 22:28
I could be interested in this. I am also in the Boston area, Framingham to be exact. Are you planning on doing the whole AT?

BlindMoose
07-07-2008, 13:11
Looking at mid Feb to early Mar depending on weather