PDA

View Full Version : Thru hikers who seem to dislike hiking

one foot
03-05-2008, 17:50
I just returned froma 9 day trip on the A.T. I don't consider myself to have the perfect way to hike, I hike rather slowly, around 2mph, but I do enjoy hiking and I love being outdoors. I met more thru hikers on this trip than I met when I thru hiked in 2005 since I backtracked on this trip to meet the weekend starters, I met over 80 thru hikers. I met many nice and interesting people and I don't mean to offend any of them. I must say though that it seemed that many that I met really had the main goal of either being in a shelter or in a hostel, one example meeting a man on Springer early in the morning on a beautiful day who proclaimed he would hike the 7.6 miles to the shelter so he would be close to the hostel where he would take a zero because it was to rain the next day. I at the age of 55 somehow managed to hike over 100 miles sleep in my tent, no encounters with the boogieman, enjoyed beautiful sunsets& sunrises, got rained on, didn't melt, got snowed on, made the woods more beautiful. Those youngsters who fly by,3mph or more consider how long you actually hike. Those who proclaim they are stopping to smell the roses consider you probably will not find them in a shelter or a hostel.

Ender
03-05-2008, 18:04
I couldn't agree more, though if that's the way they want to hike they're more than welcome to do so. Seems odd to me since I want to spend my time in the woods, well, actually in the woods. But that's just me.

Tinker
03-05-2008, 18:32
I've met a fair number of hikers who hiked in that style and made it all the way to Maine.
To each his own.
For some, it's an event.
For others, it's a lifestyle.

A-Train
03-05-2008, 18:36
A lot of "thru-hikers" or attemptees are novices, so it's natural they'll use the first days and weeks getting used to backpacking and the AT lifestyle. Some people need creature comforts when adjusting, some need creature comforts allthe time! The ones who are in constant need will drop off eventually.

A hiker going out for a week is more liekly to maximize their woods time than a thru-hike who has a long way to go will. Why does this matter to you anyway? It's not a competition.

hobojoe
03-05-2008, 18:39
I've met way to many of these folks than I care to. Town2town hikers. "I can't wait to get to a Mcdonalds and a shower" they say. I say "WHAT!!!!". To each his own, but I don't think they get "it" and they'll never enjoy "it" as much as I do. Their loss. These folks also seem to have a general disregard for LNT and Experiencing nature is second hand to telling their friends "I hiked 2000 miles". See: The presumptuous "2000 miler" patch on their north face jacket. Bonified my grundle.

DAKS
03-05-2008, 18:40
I've met a fair number of hikers who hiked in that style and made it all the way to Maine.
To each his own.
For some, it's an event.
For others, it's a lifestyle.

i like that thought in yer' last two lines! well said!

kappy0405
03-05-2008, 18:52
i havent even been on the AT yet, (leaving 4/6) but just from browsing the forums the last few weeks, i honestly am a little turned off by all the shelters/hostels/towns that the trail goes through. I was expecting an escape into the wilderness... not anymore.. though I do still want to do this more than anything.

but yeah, i dont understand why people would want to hike the trail, just to stay in a shelter/hostel/hotel/ whatever, when they've been doing that at home everyday. To me, it seems to defeat the purpose of 'getting away'.. just me opinion, but to each his own i guess.

MoBill122
03-05-2008, 19:00
Many years ago, I stopped for a rest on a trail. After a minute of sucking air.. I noticed another person was sitting up the trail about 100ft away. As I rested, a doe and fawn walked between us, and bedded down in a tree top. After a few minutes, I made my way up the trail and stopped to chat with the other guy. Grumpy old fellow, preceeded to tell me about how boring the trail was... there was nothing to see. After a minute, I had him follow me down to the tree top and almost had to put my hand on the deer, because he couldn't see them... LOL I told him to slow down, open his eyes and maybe he'd see something, besides his feet...

Sly
03-05-2008, 19:02
Since it's the first week I'll give them benefit of doubt, of which I'm sure they have many.

Kappy, it' not just a wilderness experience, but also a cultural experience. Small towns and hostels, along with the people in or running them, are unique. You'll also appreciate the showers and food.

Appalachian Tater
03-05-2008, 19:15
It takes a while as new hiker to switch over to the lifestyle, to switch your viewpoint from living in town and going into the woods to living in the woods and going into town.

And yes, you never really appreciate a hot shower until you haven't had one in over a week.

rafe
03-05-2008, 19:20
Yadda yadda. Nobody's as pure as me. Nobody loves nature/wilderness/solitude as much as me. Civilization sucks. Sure. :rolleyes:

Bob S
03-05-2008, 19:32
Yadda yadda. Nobody's as pure as me. Nobody loves nature/wilderness/solitude as much as me. Civilization sucks. Sure. :rolleyes:

LOL I was thinking that while reading the post in this thread. It’s arrogant & elitist the way people think their way of doing something (anything) is right and that others are doing it wrong just because it’s different then their chosen way.

max patch
03-05-2008, 19:40
I've met way to many of these folks than I care to. Town2town hikers. "I can't wait to get to a Mcdonalds and a shower" they say. I say "WHAT!!!!". To each his own, but I don't think they get "it" and they'll never enjoy "it" as much as I do. Their loss. These folks also seem to have a general disregard for LNT and Experiencing nature is second hand to telling their friends "I hiked 2000 miles". See: The presumptuous "2000 miler" patch on their north face jacket. Bonified my grundle.

My normal "schedule" was to hike 6 days and then take a zero in town. I loved those 6 days in the woods. And I also loved that one day a week in town.

I also used a North Face Jacket.

Sorry I don't meet your standards.

But I think I'll get over it.

FeO2
03-05-2008, 19:54
I am convinced it's an evolution.

When I was younger I was interested in getting to the destination and partying when I got there!

When I was a little older I looked around as I was getting to the destination, and a still partied when I got there (but the hangovers were getting worse).

Now I enjoy the journey, enjoy a drink and watching others party, try to get to the destination when I planned to be there.

My next phase I’ll probably be thankful I can still hike, enjoy the journey, still enjoy a drink, and I’ll get there when I get there.

;)

Tin Man
03-05-2008, 19:59
It's kind of funny. I hike 50-70 miles a year and never do the resupply/shower trip into town. While the trail I have hiked in New England is not true wilderness, it is mostly hiking in the woods. Yet, sometimes I feel I am missing something by not doing a town day in the middle.

Tipi Walter
03-05-2008, 20:02

Wow, somebody found the exact words to summarize my entire being.

Blue Jay
03-05-2008, 20:56

I also love this post. It looks like One Leg is trying to be the new Lobster.:banana

Almost There
03-05-2008, 21:03
For those of you who have never been on the AT...wait until you hike 5-10 days in a row in the rain, and all you own is wet, then tell me how you don't want a night in a hotel or hostel...some of my most memorable experiences have revolved around hostel operators and people I have met, you want wilderness go hike out west. The AT ain't wilderness.

wakapak
03-05-2008, 21:36
Since it's the first week I'll give them benefit of doubt, of which I'm sure they have many.

Kappy, it' not just a wilderness experience by a cultural experience. Small towns and hostels, along with the people in or running them, are unique. You'll also appreciate the showers and food.

I feel the same as Sly on this one....a huge memorable part of my AT experiences were meeting the people in the towns it went through or near, and the hostel owners. Sure, i absolutely loved the woods, and always breathed a breath of relief when i went back into the woods, but i also thoroughly enjoyed experiencing the cultures in all the little towns along the way that i ventured into. Just my 2 cents....:rolleyes:

WalkingStick75
03-05-2008, 21:42
One Foot, I agree with your observation but I have also learned that just about everyone is on the trail for their own reasons and everyone seams to have different skill levels. On a section hike in VA I remember hearing a lot of bickering in the shelter journals then someone put in huge letters.
"WILL EVERYONE JUST HIKE YOUR OWN HIKE" Enjoy what you see, do and those you meet.

yappy
03-05-2008, 22:01
There is beauty in both. The gift of the trails , for me, is how wonderful being outside is and how blissful the hot water feels. i can't wait for the salty crunch of fries and utter satisfaction of a comfortable chair or a thick, ruff towel. In the ' real world ' we sometimes take it all for granted. i like being reminded of how sweet the moments can be. We are moving to another cabin ..this one with just a water tank and and an out house. I expected I will enjoy that lifestyle again but when I get to take a long shower somewhere I will be delighted. The trails have taught me to be grateful.

aaroniguana
03-05-2008, 22:04
See: The presumptuous "2000 miler" patch on their north face jacket. Bonified my grundle.

My Patagonia and I feel so inadequate right now...

yappy
03-05-2008, 22:12
lol...yeah, and I thought patagonia was COOL.

aficion
03-05-2008, 22:15
I go to the woods, in part, to experience significant time away from the trappings of modernity. Sleeping in a shelter, hostel, or hotel effectively defeats that purpose. The longer I am out, the more i seem to enjoy, and benefit from the experience. A major motivator, for me, is enjoyment of a break from phones, traffic, and to a certain extent people and their creations, which include showers, beds, tvs, computers, etc. It is invigorating to be outdoors, for weeks, through great changes in terrain and weather in a way that is difficult to understand, much less adequately explain. For me, minimizing time off the trail, during the time avalable to be on it, is paramount to my success. If I wanted to tour small towns, I'd rather do it in my car. I may be unusual in this regard. I might stay in a shelter in a dire emergency, but my very strong preference is to stay as far from them as possible.
I appreciate the fact that they concentrate people who are looking to socialize, in predictable spots, leaving more wide open space for me to savour. Nothing wrong in a hiking party, just not what this lifelong hiker is out there for. Have fun all.

Frosty
03-05-2008, 22:36
I just returned froma 9 day trip on the A.T. I don't consider myself to have the perfect way to hike, I hike rather slowly, around 2mph, but I do enjoy hiking and I love being outdoors. I met more thru hikers on this trip than I met when I thru hiked in 2005 since I backtracked on this trip to meet the weekend starters, I met over 80 thru hikers. I met many nice and interesting people and I don't mean to offend any of them. I must say though that it seemed that many that I met really had the main goal of either being in a shelter or in a hostel, one example meeting a man on Springer early in the morning on a beautiful day who proclaimed he would hike the 7.6 miles to the shelter so he would be close to the hostel where he would take a zero because it was to rain the next day. I at the age of 55 somehow managed to hike over 100 miles sleep in my tent, no encounters with the boogieman, enjoyed beautiful sunsets& sunrises, got rained on, didn't melt, got snowed on, made the woods more beautiful. Those youngsters who fly by,3mph or more consider how long you actually hike. Those who proclaim they are stopping to smell the roses consider you probably will not find them in a shelter or a hostel.You have to stop and think about what you're saying.

After your week in the woods, where are you? Oh, there you are: in a town, in a house, with your shower and flush toilet, and different clothes to wear every day, while those thru-hikers are still out in the woods, different day, same shirt.

You may have stayed in a tent for 8 nights, but that pales in comparison to the people you and one of the responding posters are disparaging. Between March and September those guys will be spending a lot more time in the woods, and get rained on a lot more than you did.

It points to a basic difference between section hikers and thru-hikers.

When you only get to be out for a week, then being out is your goal, and you don't want to "waste" your woods experience hanging around hostels and towns. "I didn't come out here to sleep in a hostel," you might say. Reasonably so, as you only have a week.

But thru-hiking is hiking for the long haul. Months worth, and thru-hikers reasonably break it down into managable chunks. Hikes between re-supplies, if you will. The night they spend in a town or hostel before continuing their journey is a lot less than the weeks you spend in a town before continuing your AT journey. Hostels for them are part of the six-month journey.

Another thing is that when you go out for a week, you meet people, but it isn't the same as hiking with someone knowing you might be hiking with them for six months to come. It is a different bond. A thru-hike is a social experience as well as a woods experience. Shelters and hostels and social places.

Sly
03-05-2008, 22:42
There is beauty in both. The gift of the trails , for me, is how wonderful being outside is and how blissful the hot water feels. i can't wait for the salty crunch of fries and utter satisfaction of a comfortable chair or a thick, ruff towel. In the ' real world ' we sometimes take it all for granted. i like being reminded of how sweet the moments can be. We are moving to another cabin ..this one with just a water tank and and an out house. I expected I will enjoy that lifestyle again but when I get to take a long shower somewhere I will be delighted. The trails have taught me to be grateful.

Yappy, what was your first trail name, something about a motel? NexMo? :p

Tin Man
03-05-2008, 22:44
Frosty, well said.

Marta
03-05-2008, 22:53
The other thing about being on the trail for months on end is that not every moment is going to be one of ecstasy. A thru-hiker can have a bad day, and keep on hiking. In fact, if you don't keep hiking through the bad times, you won't be on the trail long enough for the good times to return.

Jan LiteShoe
03-05-2008, 22:59

Kappy, it' not just a wilderness experience, but also a cultural experience. Small towns and hostels, along with the people in or running them, are unique. You'll also appreciate the showers and food.

Well spoke.
It's all good.
Even when it's bad.

dessertrat
03-05-2008, 23:50
You mean you gotta WALK to be a hiker? Oh, man, EF that!

rafe
03-06-2008, 00:36
One Foot: you have experienced the NOBO herd out of Springer, warts and all. You're reacting to newbie, wanna-be thru hikers, fresh out of the gate. Some have no hiking or backpacking experience at all. And even those who are experienced may be nervous about the days ahead. Some (or most) are looking to make bonds with other hikers, and for these, peer pressure is strong. The smarter ones know that they are in for the long haul. Desiring a shower or other "town" comforts every three or four days isn't unreasonable. They're going to be at this for a few months.

In part, as others have pointed out, your sentiment is a reflection on the differences between section hiking and thru-hiking. And in this case the differences are extreme because you're talking about nervous, neophyte thru-hiker wanna-bees. I dare say, most of those you observed were young. ;)

River Runner
03-06-2008, 00:56
Good post Frosty.

The way I look at it there is an AT experience for almost anyone, whether they day hike, section hike, or thru hike. (Or even never hike, but support those who do in some way.) And that experience may be different for each person. It doesn't make it less or more, just their own way of enjoying the AT.

Ender
03-06-2008, 10:07
One Foot: you have experienced the NOBO herd out of Springer, warts and all. You're reacting to newbie, wanna-be thru hikers, fresh out of the gate.

I run into these same type of hikers up in NY and CT, so it's not just the newbie hikers. Again though, not saying anything is wrong with it, just that I find it odd.

Lone Wolf
03-06-2008, 10:17
I just returned froma 9 day trip on the A.T. I don't consider myself to have the perfect way to hike, I hike rather slowly, around 2mph, but I do enjoy hiking and I love being outdoors. I met more thru hikers on this trip than I met when I thru hiked in 2005 since I backtracked on this trip to meet the weekend starters, I met over 80 thru hikers. I met many nice and interesting people and I don't mean to offend any of them. I must say though that it seemed that many that I met really had the main goal of either being in a shelter or in a hostel, one example meeting a man on Springer early in the morning on a beautiful day who proclaimed he would hike the 7.6 miles to the shelter so he would be close to the hostel where he would take a zero because it was to rain the next day. I at the age of 55 somehow managed to hike over 100 miles sleep in my tent, no encounters with the boogieman, enjoyed beautiful sunsets& sunrises, got rained on, didn't melt, got snowed on, made the woods more beautiful. Those youngsters who fly by,3mph or more consider how long you actually hike. Those who proclaim they are stopping to smell the roses consider you probably will not find them in a shelter or a hostel.

99% of so-called thru-hikers are how you describe. it's all about destinations

Neurosis
03-06-2008, 10:33
Ive never meet any of these type of thru-hikers, probably due to the fact all the thru-hikers Ive meet was in the Whites. All my interactions with thru-hikers has been amazing, I meet one guy from Isreal who just heard the name and where it started and just jumped on a plane and started it, he had no idea where it went or what it was like, pretty crazy. But I can definetly see how it would be frustrating seeing all these hikers who are obsessed with always eating in resteraunts and sleeping in hostels, it seems to just defeat the whole purpose of hiking the AT.

One of the biggest reasons why I hike is to get the **** away from all of that commercial bullcrap. Second to the fact that I just absolutly love hiking.

I say keep me in the woods as long as possible!

rafe
03-06-2008, 12:17
One of the biggest reasons why I hike is to get the **** away from all of that commercial bullcrap. Second to the fact that I just absolutly love hiking.

What's the longest you've been in the woods? How much long-distance hiking have you done?

tlbj6142
03-06-2008, 13:07
This is the same reason why section hikers often bulk at using shelters, but many thru-hikers use them. After 30-days, setting up your tent/tarp/hammock gets old.

Neurosis
03-06-2008, 13:14
What's the longest you've been in the woods? How much long-distance hiking have you done?

The longest back packing trip was 7 days, but for 6 months(sept - Jan) I lived and worked in the White Mountains, which involved me to walk a stream .5 miles away for any water, live in a shelter with no heat, chop all the wood for the wood stove etc etc. Point is, I know what its like to live without all the commcerial luxeries. I much much much rather prefer to live this way as opposed to the crazy rat race that is society.

dessertrat
03-06-2008, 14:20
This is the same reason why section hikers often bulk at using shelters, but many thru-hikers use them. After 30-days, setting up your tent/tarp/hammock gets old.

But being a mouse gymnasium gets old after about two minutes!

yappy
03-06-2008, 14:39
lol... my first name was motel.. we were hotel and motel..then, thanks to rainman i became yappy..rats !

d'shadow
03-06-2008, 14:40
99% of so-called thru-hikers are how you describe. it's all about destinations

For some it is about the destination, for others it is about the journey...apples and oranges...hike your own hike

Mags
03-06-2008, 14:42
For some it is about the destination, for others it is about the journey...apples and oranges...hike your own hike

I like watermelon (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2270) myself...

yappy
03-06-2008, 14:47
I think it can be about both. As soon as you pack that food bag you are considering how long it will take ya to get to the next town and what kinda miles ya gotta do to get there. there is no getting away from that. For me, I enjoy town but i LOVE leaving it. i get kinda spooked anymore with crowds. Maybe it is living in Ak for awhile now and that coupled with hiking has turned me into a bit of a hermit..but it is the rare hiker that doesn't enjoy the shower, pizza and relaxing that towns can provide. Although, it seems like the town stop are more freaking hectic then the trail and ya don't do all that much resting !

Jim Adams
03-06-2008, 15:07

Yappy,
Very well said!
I think that it is hard to understand at times the anticipation of wanting to get to a town but I also think that it is easier to understand at times by being in other situations.
You live a beautiful lifestyle in the bush that I am very envious of and at times those little things, such as a HOT shower as opposed to diving into the river or lake or never being totally naked for 3 weeks because the temps are too cold to undress and wash...those things make town a total gem!
On the trail, you happen to see other people almost every day so you are really never alone but I paddled 2000 miles from Pa. to New Orleans and at times, the only people that you got to see for days or weeks at a time were in the towns. Seeing all of the diverse cultures and lifestyles was one of the things that made that trip so outstanding. How many of these hikers have experienced towns w/o a phone or electricity!
I love to be in the woods when I'm hiking. I love to have the friendship and commraderie in camp and/or shelters and I usually can't wait to get to town.
When you are out there for six months....the towns are also a BIG part of the trip and experience.:-?

geek

Tin Man
03-06-2008, 21:03
I think this thread is saying a few things:

1. The AT is not a wildnerness trail. :cool:
2. You can stick to the woods with minimal town stops. :cool:
3. You can make regular town stops. :cool:
4. You can hike supported and never sleep on the AT. :cool:
5. Hiking the AT is cool. :cool:
6. HYOH is an elusive concept to most. :(

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/misc/progress.gif

yappy
03-06-2008, 21:36
Geek, I am only 25 miles outside Fairbanks . I wish I was in the bush ! But, we are a tiny community with just a po, gas station and a store. We do live down a dead end dirt road in a 20 by 24 cabin and yes.. the winters are hard to put into words..lol. I do know folks who have lived " out " and they are the toughest most capable people I have ever met. They live what Outside means. Most of us don't even scratch the surface, not really. But, hey... that is the beauty of it right ? 1 persons' " tuff part ' is anothers "sweet serenity ". There is no right way to do these trails or pick your life style. To me the sad thing would be NOT living how a person would like deep in his heart ... or being in a place that doesn't make them happy. if most folks could find just that .. it would be a different world.

emerald
03-06-2008, 22:16
A lot of "thru-hikers" or attemptees are novices, so it's natural they'll use the first days and weeks getting used to backpacking and the AT lifestyle. Some people need creature comforts when adjusting, some need creature comforts all the time! The ones who are in constant need will drop off eventually.

A hiker going out for a week is more likely to maximize their woods time than a thru-hike who has a long way to go will.

I acknowledge I haven't yet read the entire thread and I often point out people should.

I think it's important to understand the concept of an AT hike from the standpoint of a recreational experience and recreational experiences within the experience. The "town time" is a recreational experience for many. What concerns me is when recreation goes beyond what's the norm for the community where it takes place. For someone not familiar with a community, it's easy to cross the line without realizing it.

I'm not proud of it, but I was once "flagged" at an establishment in an AT trail town. I drank a few beers and was likely talkative and loudly so. I apologized to the owner who I promised we would finish our beer and leave. We did and little harm was done, I think.:o

Jim Adams
03-06-2008, 22:53
Geek, I am only 25 miles outside Fairbanks . I wish I was in the bush ! But, we are a tiny community with just a po, gas station and a store. We do live down a dead end dirt road in a 20 by 24 cabin and yes.. the winters are hard to put into words..lol. I do know folks who have lived " out " and they are the toughest most capable people I have ever met. They live what Outside means. Most of us don't even scratch the surface, not really. But, hey... that is the beauty of it right ? 1 persons' " tuff part ' is anothers "sweet serenity ". There is no right way to do these trails or pick your life style. To me the sad thing would be NOT living how a person would like deep in his heart ... or being in a place that doesn't make them happy. if most folks could find just that .. it would be a different world.

Yappy,
I live in a small town, grew up in the country on an 88 acre farm and currently "live" at the paramedic station as much as at home...25 miles outside of Fairbanks IS the bush!!!!!:D
Yes I am very jealous....
...someday.

geek

emerald
03-06-2008, 23:39

1. The AT is not a wilderness trail. :cool:
2. You can stick to the woods with minimal town stops. :cool:
3. You can make regular town stops. :cool:
4. You can hike supported and never sleep on the AT. :cool:
5. Hiking the AT is cool. :cool:
6. HYOH is an elusive concept to most. :(

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/misc/progress.gif

I disagree with what I've highlighted as I have consistently whenever the issue arrises. To provide a respite and to reconnect with nature is precisely why the AT was created. To claim it's otherwise is to undermine its reason for being and renders it something approaching worthless.

aficion
03-06-2008, 23:50
Agree with you that the AT is a wilderness trail. It may be the most well maintained, signed, blazed, travelled, and mapped wilderness trail in the world. It provides awesome opportunities for respite and to reconnect with nature, especially if you eschew shelters, and whether or not you have a map.

Panzer1
03-06-2008, 23:59
The things I like the most about hiking are:
1) zeroes, I take zeroes until I'm ashamed of myself:)
2) camping. This is where I meet the most wonderful people
3) hiking, yes hiking is last.

Panzer

aficion
03-07-2008, 00:07
The things I like most about hiking are:
1)Moving through natural surroundings.
2)Not seeing many people.
3)Going to sleep.
4)Waking up.
5)Repeat 1-4.

Zeroes ain't hiking. No disrespect intended, but I can stay home and have a bed and shower, and I enjoy it mostly when I do, but it still ain't hiking.

GGS2
03-07-2008, 00:08

1. The AT is ... a wilderness trail. :cool:

2. There's wilderness, and then there's wilderness.

3. There's not much wilderness left in the world. :( Been there, done that. Motto for mankind.

Tin Man
03-07-2008, 00:13
I am not getting into yet another semantic debate. One man's wilderness is another man's road crossing, or something like that. :rolleyes: I don't really care. HYOW. :)

emerald
03-07-2008, 00:18
I am not getting into yet another semantic debate. One man's wilderness is another man's road crossing, or something like that. :rolleyes: I don't really care. HYOW. :)

I think I'm okay with the concept of HYOW, but I reserve my right to change my mind at any time depending upon the particulars.;)

d'shadow
03-07-2008, 05:11
I like watermelon (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_gallery2&Itemid=36&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=2270) myself...

absolutely awsome :banana, though a bananna would have been easier to carry. the pic is too cool.:sun

yappy
03-07-2008, 15:17
lol geek.. come visit ..:) and i havta say the AT is most difinitely not wilderness in the true sense of the word... BUT, a beautiful trail withs lots of possibility

Jim Adams
03-07-2008, 21:58
The things I like the most about hiking are:
1) zeroes, I take zeroes until I'm ashamed of myself:)
2) camping. This is where I meet the most wonderful people
3) hiking, yes hiking is last.

Panzer

...are you the brother that no one will tell me about?!!!!!:D

geek