PDA

View Full Version : Guide Books

Lavy
03-06-2008, 15:49
Just wanted to know what the general opinions are about what the best guidebook is. I know of 3 that are out there and trusted but didn't know what peoples thoughts were. Thanks guys...

snowhoe
03-06-2008, 16:12
lavy I mostly used my maps and shelter registers. I did use another book but some people on here do not like the person who wrote it. Well I will tell you and let the bashing begin. Its wingfoots book. Ok Ok sorry.

Blissful
03-06-2008, 16:19
Check out Appalachian Pages (http://www.appalachianpages.com).

I used the ALDHA companion and the thru hiker handbook. Preferred the companion for last year but the Appalachian Pages look good.

Red Hat
03-06-2008, 19:08
I agree with Blissful, although this has been discussed to death in several forums. I just got 6 copies of the southbound edition of Appalachian Pages (one for each of my three kids, one for my parents, one for my husband, and one for me) Folks can follow me using the book and my journals on Trailjournals.

kappy0405
03-06-2008, 20:11
I just ordered 'Appalachian Pages' about a week ago. Although, there are no maps, its about as in depth as you can get. I havent looked at any other guide books, but I'd find it hard to believe that there is anything better then this book.

Lavy
03-06-2008, 21:22
Thanks guys, that was pretty much what I was thinking.