PDA

View Full Version : Distributed Load via MOLLE

Locutus
03-06-2008, 17:59
I am in the military supply business, and recently (the past couple of years) some specifically designed MOLLE harnesses have come onto the market that allows you to more evenly distribute your load over your body (even standard MOLLE setups are versitile enough to to do this). With integrated dual side hydration pouches, in combination with chest pouches and stomach pouches, it allows more of the weight to be distributed to the top of your shoulders instead of it all being on the top and front of your shoulders. (which causes the ol' forward slump :)).

I am surprised to not see anyone using such setups out on the trails. I am just starting to get into pack hiking, so perhaps there are reasons these types of setups have not become popular out on the trail, but it certainly has become popular within the military.

I am curious to know if anyone has tried such setups, and how they worked out for them?

Locutus
03-06-2008, 18:01
Sorry, I realize I should have posted this in gear section, my bad!

hurryinghoosier
03-06-2008, 22:05
Got a picture?

KG4FAM
03-06-2008, 22:34
I remember seeing some type of front bags that attached to your shoulder straps from a company in New Zealand, but cant remember the name of it.

Skidsteer
03-06-2008, 23:20
I am surprised to not see anyone using such setups out on the trails. I am just starting to get into pack hiking, so perhaps there are reasons these types of setups have not become popular out on the trail, but it certainly has become popular within the military.

Have you weighed one empty? And divided the weight by the cubes?

That's probably your answer. :)