PDA

View Full Version : Wrongway's progress

wrongway_08
03-07-2008, 16:52
Cranked out 15 miles after Neels and then a 10 miler this morning, LOTS OF FREAKING RAIN!!!

Sitting at Cloud9 Hostel, going to crash here tonight and Saturday night. Going to knock down about 100 wings, gain some weight back :) .

Everyone is doing fine, Cheif Daddy and 4 Sisters are about 1 or 2 days behind, they are doing 7 or 8 mile days for now.

Sunday morning I will be in N.C. !!!! I will start doing a few more miles now that my legs have gotten use to the hills down here.

Hope you all are doing great! Miss being able to stare blankly at this screen for hours on end!!!

Going to head to town now, will be back on later - Happy hiking,
Wrongway_08

:D

doggiebag
03-07-2008, 16:53
Nice to hear you're taking your time. Enjoy your time indoors.
PS - I estimated your time of arrival to the T. Check your TJ visitors page ... damned I'm good. :D:D:D

Jaybird62
03-07-2008, 16:55
Glad to hear your hike is going well, and hopefully yall will get some nice sunny days soon. Enjoy!

Survivor Dave
03-07-2008, 16:56
Wrongwaaaaaay! What's up brother! Glad to hear you made it to Hiawassee. Have a few wings for me. Shoot, only a few states left to go huh?

Staring at the screen is good..... staring at the REAL screen......priceless

Just left you a VM.

Hike on, Hike Strong! Carry on!

Survivor Dave

Sly
03-07-2008, 17:00
Fifteen miles and 10 miles after Neels Gap doesn't get you to Dicks Creek Gap!

Passionphish
03-07-2008, 17:41
Dang dude you are movin'!!!!

I'm just two weeks and waiting! Whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigmac_in
03-07-2008, 19:25
Sly is correct - isn't it about 36 miles from Neels to Dick's Creek? Dude - do you know where you are? Or are you stronger than you thought?

Regardless - keeping having fun ! !

Skidsteer
03-07-2008, 19:41
Sly is correct - isn't it about 36 miles from Neels to Dick's Creek? Dude - do you know where you are? Or are you stronger than you thought?

Regardless - keeping having fun ! !

36.1 miles.

If Wrongway's at C9, I'm sure he knows it. They have a hot tub!

wrongway_08
03-07-2008, 21:51
Yea, we did the other 11 miles or so the day we left Neels, stayed at Low Gap Shelter, - forgot that :) . Today was 10 miles and the day before was 15. Sorry, hard to keep track of days - too much fun!

Cloud 9 rules! Great people here, lots of fun and I just got done eating my first set of 20 hot wings! Another 20 sitting in the fridge for the morning and then its back to town for 20 more - dinner for Saturday!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing great! Catch ya out there!

Mammoth says hello, she is here relaxing with us, she says hello to all!

Ron Haven
03-07-2008, 23:08
Yea, we did the other 11 miles or so the day we left Neels, stayed at Low Gap Shelter, - forgot that :) . Today was 10 miles and the day before was 15. Sorry, hard to keep track of days - too much fun!

Cloud 9 rules! Great people here, lots of fun and I just got done eating my first set of 20 hot wings! Another 20 sitting in the fridge for the morning and then its back to town for 20 more - dinner for Saturday!!

Glad to hear everyone is doing great! Catch ya out there!

Mammoth says hello, she is here relaxing with us, she says hello to all!Wrongway08 you are doing great.Have fun :banana

CaseyB
03-07-2008, 23:26

Now that's what I'm after right there...to lose track of the days:D

wrongway_08
03-07-2008, 23:28
Wrongway08 you are doing great.Have fun :banana

These guys at Cloud9 said I need to stop by your place and relax, said you are a great guy and have a nice place.

Hmmm, looks like I get to meet another great group of people! :D ..... You got a Zaxby's chicken place by you? .... love'n those wings!!!

Take care and see ya soon.

dessertrat
03-07-2008, 23:28
Wrongway. . . I thought you'd be in Florida by now!

wrongway_08
03-07-2008, 23:30
Now that's what I'm after right there...to lose track of the days:D

Its toooooo easy to do! I started my journal by using just the date, that dont work cause I cant remember what day it is anyways - now I write the date and day! :cool:

Lost_Soul
03-08-2008, 00:13
Glad to hear it's going well.. gonna have a drop waiting for you at Hot Springs... How long 'til you reach it ? (so I know how fast to send it for)

orangebug
03-08-2008, 10:07
..... You got a Zaxby's chicken place by you? .... love'n those wings!!! Two words for Franklin:

Fat Buddy

Best damn ribs on the planet. Skip the chain restaurants. Get the local flavor.

Cherokee Bill
03-08-2008, 10:43
:D So glad you are enjoying you Thru and making new friends. I will follow you on Trail Journals. God Bless you and all Thrus of "08".

Kirby
03-08-2008, 11:10
I am in Hiawassee as well, I will be at the Blueberry patch for a couple of nights waiting for some hiking buddies.

Tomorrow I shall slack to Dick's Creek Gap.

Kirby

Chaco Taco
03-08-2008, 11:12
Im so freakin jealous of you guys. Ill be out there in a few weeks.

fonsie
03-08-2008, 11:48
Its great your taking your time and doing so little miles....LOL....Glad your having a good time...keep us inform

Roland
03-08-2008, 11:55
Wrongway. . . I thought you'd be in Florida by now!

Now THAT is a hoot. Thanks for the chuckle.

Blissful
03-08-2008, 13:23
Doin' good, keep on trekking!

Tinker
03-08-2008, 16:10
Hey, Wrongway! Another 8. something miles and you'll capture your first state line. Hang in there, don't let the weather get you down, eat like a pig (oh, you ARE! :D), and go slow and easy.

Memphis Tim
03-08-2008, 22:45
I'm up the trail in Franklin. Tell Mammoth I'm glad to hear she's moving forward.

Mother Nature
03-10-2008, 17:22
I was out doing trailwork on my section yesterday and was returning from Bly Gap and the NC border when I ran into Wrongway08.

He was grinning from ear to ear and having a grand old time.

Ron Haven
03-10-2008, 18:02
These guys at Cloud9 said I need to stop by your place and relax, said you are a great guy and have a nice place.

Hmmm, looks like I get to meet another great group of people! :D ..... You got a Zaxby's chicken place by you? .... love'n those wings!!!

Take care and see ya soon.These guys told you right and yes we have a Zaxby's:D

wrongway_08
03-11-2008, 19:19
All right, made it to Rons today!! Great place and Ron is the man! We hit up the rib joint Fat Buddies, man talk about great food - too stuffed for Zaxbys! Well a hot shower and clean clothes, some TV and the a warm night inbetween the sheets - this thru-hiking is hard work :) !!!!!

Mother Nature and Smoke Stack, was great meeting the two of you. Thanks for all the hard work you do on the trails.

Keep a look out for a post from Squire, he is a great hiker and will be needing a ride soon. He is new to Whiteblaze. Will be posting his first post soon.

doggiebag
03-11-2008, 19:25
Nice to hear you're at Rons. I've heard folks running into you note the size of your grin these days :D:D:D! You're doing great ... and you probably don't even have your trail legs yet.

wrongway_08
03-11-2008, 19:32
Trail legs are on the way...... stuck with these shabby ones for now! :)

I have met toooo many great hikers along the way to remember all names but a lot here from W.B.. Kirby was at Cloud9 a few days ago, level headed - cool kid and I know he will do great!

The General is a few hours ahead of me - I keep missing him by a few minutes at the shelters. As I made my way to Muskrat, he and Squire just left - close but still missed him.

river1
03-11-2008, 21:30
Trail legs are on the way...... stuck with these shabby ones for now! :)

I have met toooo many great hikers along the way to remember all names but a lot here from W.B.. Kirby was at Cloud9 a few days ago, level headed - cool kid and I know he will do great!

The General is a few hours ahead of me - I keep missing him by a few minutes at the shelters. As I made my way to Muskrat, he and Squire just left - close but still missed him.

Hey Rick, glad to hear your doing well. Are you still hiking with three shoes??:D:eek:

wrongway_08
03-11-2008, 21:37
Hey Rick, glad to hear your doing well. Are you still hiking with three shoes??:D:eek:

Decided to just use one pair, less trip'n :eek:

Lost_Soul
03-12-2008, 11:31
Hey bud,
Got myself set up for Harpers Ferry. Can't wait. Oh, Might be changin jobs soon. Have to get off here and call. Will let you know Sat what's up with that. Talk later.
Stay Safe....
Dak. (your favorite idiot)

wrongway_08
03-12-2008, 17:16
Got 40 more hot wings......Zaxby's....... going to be fun on the trail Thursday!

Hiked around today with Hike Farm, down to Zaxby's, the outfitters, the mall and to the post office - good times.

ATSeamstress
03-13-2008, 00:44
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3581&stc=1&d=1205383361

Somewhere north of the 501 Shelter in PA you will see this sign. It was a little dark when I took it.

TOW
03-13-2008, 06:46
Don't forget to stop by my place when you arrive here in Damascus and don't forget about this great adventure your on!

jersey joe
03-13-2008, 08:33
Sounds like your appetite is just starting to really kick in wrongway...all the posts about wings and such...

dessertrat
03-13-2008, 09:55
Its toooooo easy to do! I started my journal by using just the date, that dont work cause I cant remember what day it is anyways - now I write the date and day! :cool:

You'll know when it's Saturday by the increase in people you see on the trail without packs, I would think.

10-K
03-13-2008, 10:22
You'll know when it's Saturday by the increase in people you see on the trail without packs, I would think.

And wearing bluejeans and big poofy coats.

Lost_Soul
03-13-2008, 21:21
Hey Rick,
Some (ok, even more) of your co-workers have been asking me about you. Been trying to let 'em know as much as I can. Mind if I give them the trailjournal link so they can just check for themselves ? Seems almost too strange them linking us together so much. <rofl>
Stay well....
Dak.

JAK
03-13-2008, 21:52
What special planning is required if your trailname is Wrongway?

Survivor Dave
03-13-2008, 22:12
A present for you....Remember Zaxbys when you pig out again!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

http://www.zaxbys.com/main_food_images/fingers_platter.jpgEquals This! http://walgreens.hs.llnwd.net/e1/dbimagecache/382097.jpg (http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?id=prod3489426&CATID=100481&skuid=sku3488269&V=G&ec=frgl_551823&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku3488269#)

jersey joe
03-13-2008, 23:38
What special planning is required if your trailname is Wrongway?
I would guess a compass?!?

AlwaysHiking
03-13-2008, 23:40
I would guess a compass?!?

Not sure that would make a difference!

WW is a great guy though!

I'm glad to hear that he's having such a good time.

JAK
03-13-2008, 23:56
Perhaps a better question for this thread might be how a guy with a trailname like
Wrongway measure progress. My bet is that its something we could all learn from. :)

wrongway_08
03-21-2008, 16:33
hello again! Been a while since posring but finally got connection here at Riverside Motor Lodge in Gatlinburg TN!

Stride, Zack, Dan and Jay hitched in last night. We got a room at Budget Inn, I did all my clothes in the shower and then we walked around town.
Dan had to leave last night - family issues back at home, keep them in your thoughts.

Jay was a section hiker and left this morninng. Zack and Stride headed back to the trail at 10:20am.

I decided to do a zero at the last minute and sit around looking at the sites here! So its been pizza, ice cream, warm showers, looking at fish and goofing around :) !

Everything is great here and I have finally started to do 20 milers, of course these zero days are not helping..... BIG GRIN!

Take care.....be safe......happy hiking to all!

doggiebag
03-21-2008, 16:37
Alright Wrongway! Everything good? Nothing hurting?

warraghiyagey
03-21-2008, 16:39
I heard he took a left and is actually in central Tennesse trying to figure where all the white blazes went.

wrongway_08
03-21-2008, 17:07
Yea all is great, I was saved by StridE from going on the wrong trail..........don't know where I wouldve ended up!

Great group of hikers out here, been a blast.
The General is a day or 2 aheaad of me, I wouldve cought him if this wasn't a zero day! Seems the general keeps one step ahead of me evey day! Soon ............ General.........soon :)!

mudhead
03-21-2008, 17:10
Cold weather coming. Gonna start calling you wrongday!

doggiebag
03-21-2008, 17:13
How many miles are you averaging these days? Another 30 miles to the end of the Smokeys right? Let me know if you need anything. Congratulations on your first 200 miles.

sasquatch2014
03-21-2008, 17:26
You have been popping to mind as I am out and about. I have to say that it is a bit unsetteling to have you keep showing up in my head. As long as you remember that you you see and here up there needs to stay up there i will not be locked up. I am hoping to escape in April of a week or so not sure to where yet. Glad to see you churning up the dirt and eating up the miles. I will be following you let me know if you want to hit Traildays and I'll swing by and get ya. I am sure that or cold weather trips have prepared you well so far.

river1
03-21-2008, 18:26
hello again! Been a while since posring but finally got connection here at Riverside Motor Lodge in Gatlinburg TN!

Stride, Zack, Dan and Jay hitched in last night. We got a room at Budget Inn, I did all my clothes in the shower and then we walked around town.
Dan had to leave last night - family issues back at home, keep them in your thoughts.

Jay was a section hiker and left this morninng. Zack and Stride headed back to the trail at 10:20am.

I decided to do a zero at the last minute and sit around looking at the sites here! So its been pizza, ice cream, warm showers, looking at fish and goofing around :) !

Everything is great here and I have finally started to do 20 milers, of course these zero days are not helping..... BIG GRIN!

Take care.....be safe......happy hiking to all!

Wrongway, glad to hear your ok and all is well.. Hows that footwear holding up.. Whats it like hiking with three shoes..:D

wrongway_08
03-23-2008, 19:03
Made it to the Hostel after Smokies! Great views and people! Lovin it. Cought up to the General, sitting next to me now.

Chief Daddy, 4 Sisters, Hike Farm and Hal are 2 days behind.

Catch ya later,
Rick

P.S. - if anyone reports finding my smartwool hat (ha, I know, fat chance) right before Gatlinburg, tell them there is a cash reward! Its the hat in my photo, been through a lot with it.

doggiebag
03-23-2008, 19:17
Say hi to Curtis for me. Another 30 some miles to Hot Springs. You are cruising. Stay safe.

wrongway_08
03-25-2008, 18:27
at Hot Springs now, got here about 2 hours ago. Weather was CRAPPY last night! That's why I didn't do the other 15 miles.

A-Train
03-25-2008, 18:31
at Hot Springs now, got here about 2 hours ago. Weather was CRAPPY last night! That's why I didn't do the other 15 miles.

Glad to hear you're having a great time! You're on my exact schedule; I made it to Hot Springs 5 years ago today! Enjoy it while it lasts:)

mudhead
03-25-2008, 18:40
Weather was CRAPPY last night!

How crappy was it? Icky, or downright rat nasty?

NorthStarMutant
03-26-2008, 09:01
Sounds like you are making alot of progress. And that you're doing well. Wish I could be there with you guys. Was a while since I was out on the trail. Had a minor back sprain not that long ago. Maybe by the time you reach MD you might see me out there.
Mark.

Mad Hatter 08
03-26-2008, 15:04
keep it up wrongway. If you see the general again tell him I said hi.

wrongway_08
03-27-2008, 14:28
Well did another zero in Hot Springs, not sure why but I did! Relaxing in a cabin by the river with Thud and his dog Max.

Been great days here, washed all the clothes, my down bag and down "suit" - took 3 hours to dry the down!

Mud head - weather was down rat nasty, cold, windy - was glad to stop early and sit on my butt!

General, Kirby, Hike Farm, 4 Sisters, Bald Things (think its still there trail name), Loafy and Toad are here.

DesertMTB
03-27-2008, 14:37
Well did another zero in Hot Springs, not sure why but I did! Relaxing in a cabin by the river with Thud and his dog Max.

Been great days here, washed all the clothes, my down bag and down "suit" - took 3 hours to dry the down!

Mud head - weather was down rat nasty, cold, windy - was glad to stop early and sit on my butt!

General, Kirby, Hike Farm, 4 Sisters, Bald Things (think its still there trail name), Loafy and Toad are here.

Enjoy the zero! I'm the guy that hitched out of Gatlinburg with you.

Lost_Soul
03-31-2008, 06:04

Hey Wrongway,
Got the package/ letter. It smelled like bug repellant. (so much for the cough drops) Glad to know the stuff made it out to you, too. Yes, we are good. no worries. <feel like punching you, though> Didn't mean to be an idiot. If only I had known.......

Started the new job last week. Dang, the days are LONG now. But, have two bonuses already coming my way. (woohoo)

Let me know when you are a week (maybe a little longer) out from Damascus.
Hope you're having fun out there. <eg>

YFI,
Dak.

wrongway_08
04-01-2008, 15:00
sitting at Erwin now with the 4 siters, Thud &Max (the dog), War Paint, Kirby, Pocket Change & Trojan, Snake, White Fish and Loafy.

Having New Balance send me new boots at the next stop. My current pair split at the seams and part of the Vibram sole fell apart. Great boots otherwise, hope this was a fluke.

Also picking up my MSR Micro-Zoid
and shipping back my Tarp-Tent Contrail, due to sagging issues when it rains.

All else is good. Be safe, happy hiking!

Blissful
04-01-2008, 15:17
Sounds good!! Take care.

Tinker
04-01-2008, 19:39
The Contrail sags when wet that badly? Doesn't it have guyline tensioners that you can adjust from inside? Who woulda thought!??
Glad you're having a good time. See you in New England, hopefully.

sasquatch2014
04-01-2008, 20:32
The Contrail sags when wet that badly? Doesn't it have guyline tensioners that you can adjust from inside? Who woulda thought!??
Glad you're having a good time. See you in New England, hopefully.

I would have thought that you would have joined the more developed tree dwellers and gotten off the damp ground by now. :-?

Tinker
04-01-2008, 20:57
Give him time, give him time. :P

Lost_Soul
04-08-2008, 17:50
Ok, it's prolly a little early... sent a couple of small things to Damascus. Should be there for you when you get there. (Don't hate me, you'll understand)
Keep it safe bud,
Dak.

Ron Haven
04-08-2008, 20:18
Good luck Wrongway08 it sounds like you are doing well.

Kirby
04-09-2008, 09:20
Last I heard he was pulling a few zeroes in Erwin waiting for his new tent to arrive, that was as of last friday.

Kirby

turtle_tami
04-09-2008, 19:10
Hi everyone nice to meet you all* Hi again doggiebag*** Im Wrongways wife Tami :-)
Yuppers hes is on the move, I mailed out his mail drop yesterday for damascas so hes on his way! His pc died he needs to get a adapter for it thats why he hasnt been on here, when i talk to him tonight I will post exactly where he is for you*

turtle_tami
04-09-2008, 19:16
opps Damascus sorry lol

wrongway_08
04-09-2008, 23:06
Hey Everyone*

Updating on Rick, Rick just called Said he is still playing around hes still technically in Erwin but said he is actually 20 miles above Erwin.

Have a Great night*

Tami

Lost_Soul
04-09-2008, 23:16
Appreciate the update Tami. Hope all is well with you, too.

Have a good one

Montego
04-09-2008, 23:19
Hey, welcome to WhiteBlaze turtle tami :welcome

wrongway_08
04-10-2008, 00:03
Ha-ha,
still kicking at Uncle Johnny's in Erwin. 8 days so far, lots has been going on!
I did the 20 miles Nor h of Erwin, so I will Be leaving at 7:30 in the morning on Thurs.
Had someone snatch my adapters/charger that I "customized" , so I had to shop around Erwin to find all the parts I needed to get the HP and phone charged! $50.00 in the hole because of this persons actions! Not happy about it! The new charger took me almost 5 hours to modify, its smaller and I built both hook ups into one strand, there is no way anyone can mistaken this one for theirs!
Well its been a week of waiting for mail, kayaking, bike riding, hiking (20 miles of A.T.)working around Uncle Johnny's and eating.
There was another BIG change to my hike but I am waiting till I can download photos for everyone to see the change.
Uncle Johnny's has been great, great people here and in town.

Catch everyone later - be safe, happy hiking!

sasquatch2014
04-10-2008, 00:10
Glad to hear all is going well. If you want it to be like old times hurry up Doggiebag and I will be north of SNP in 10 days and you can join us. Just kidding. Enjoy the hike and well touch base as the time moves on to see what i can do to give ya a hand.

TOW
04-10-2008, 07:32
Ha-ha,
still kicking at Uncle Johnny's in Erwin. 8 days so far, lots has been going on!
I did the 20 miles Nor h of Erwin, so I will Be leaving at 7:30 in the morning on Thurs.
Had someone snatch my adapters/charger that I "customized" , so I had to shop around Erwin to find all the parts I needed to get the HP and phone charged! $50.00 in the hole because of this persons actions! Not happy about it! The new charger took me almost 5 hours to modify, its smaller and I built both hook ups into one strand, there is no way anyone can mistaken this one for theirs!
Well its been a week of waiting for mail, kayaking, bike riding, hiking (20 miles of A.T.)working around Uncle Johnny's and eating.
There was another BIG change to my hike but I am waiting till I can download photos for everyone to see the change.
Uncle Johnny's has been great, great people here and in town.

Catch everyone later - be safe, happy hiking!
When you get here I'll feed ya!

jersey joe
04-10-2008, 09:36
Had someone snatch my adapters/charger that I "customized"
Damn thiefs! What is this world coming to.

turtle_tami
04-10-2008, 09:51
Thank you Montego*

Everything is alright here flightdeck*
Missing Rick and Working 24/7 about it..
doggiebag i checked out your videos you do a great job on them
and the one wrongways pre~thru hike funny!! the sheep... haha
Although the thought of you having a blow up sheep to use in the video kinda scares me.. haha
You all seem very nice, I look forward to one day us together hiking with you all.
You dont gotta worrie about being beat by a girl hiking with me the turtle part kinda gives it away... ha

doggiebag
04-10-2008, 11:50
Hi everyone nice to meet you all* Hi again doggiebag*** Im Wrongways wife Tami :-)
Yuppers hes is on the move, I mailed out his mail drop yesterday for damascas so hes on his way! His pc died he needs to get a adapter for it thats why he hasnt been on here, when i talk to him tonight I will post exactly where he is for you*

Welcome to WhiteBlaze Tami ... pet Hudson for me.

Ha-ha,
I did the 20 miles Nor h of Erwin, so I will Be leaving at 7:30 in the morning on Thurs....
Sorry bub ... I got exclusive pics of your "big" change - someone sent me the following shot showing your increased girth and new skirt.
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/files/1/1/8/9/9/wwskirt.jpg
The trail has not been kind to Rick. :eek:

Glad to hear all is going well. If you want it to be like old times hurry up Doggiebag and I will be north of SNP in 10 days and you can join us. Just kidding. Enjoy the hike and well touch base as the time moves on to see what i can do to give ya a hand.
Be serious look at the guy ... I bet you he's slack packin!

doggiebag
04-10-2008, 14:49
If he just left Erwin today ... he's still a ways off from our position. How's the album selling?
Interesting way of funding your hikes.
http://209.200.85.146/trailjournals/photos/6537/tj6537_041008_144146_308414.jpg
Sasquatch funds his hikes from royalties from a past career.

turtle_tami
04-10-2008, 16:22
How have you been? I heard about your job* That sounds like a good job congrates on that!

that pic is soo funny!! haha i cant wait till he sees that one!!

yea i hear about all the pizza and hotwings hes eatting... i thought all people are supost to rough it on this trail... like a nature thing eat weeds if you dont have food.. i read everywhere everyone wanted to get the full nature experiance... ummmmm pizza???? haha i get that at home with my tv and animals and fluffy blanket.. lol ~~~ (sorry rick i love ya!!*)

you know i had to turn that pic into his screensaver on the laptop lol.

And i will do that for you, Even better You want him haha,kidding rick would kill me*, ever scence rick left hudson barks all night long!!!!! I take him for walks everynight Play in the yard with him.. and still he barks..! I'm thinking He misses rick allot!!!!!

Lost_Soul
04-10-2008, 17:02
Um, Tami... I copied that pic... might have to post it at SAB1 unless told otherwise. <mwahaha> Ok, AFTER things settle down from recent events. So Rick, you have time to stop it. LOL

turtle_tami
04-10-2008, 17:38
I thought about putting it on my myspace but my friends and family would have to much fun with that one, i know my brothers it would be printed out and a bulliton would be put in every store with that on it saying lost in the woods have you seen this man!! haha. i did save it though!! and maybe emailed it to a few people.....

Thank you doggiebag!!!!!!!

doggiebag
04-10-2008, 18:46
I thought about putting it on my myspace but my friends and family would have to much fun with that one, i know my brothers it would be printed out and a bulliton would be put in every store with that on it saying lost in the woods have you seen this man!! haha. i did save it though!! and maybe emailed it to a few people.....

Thank you doggiebag!!!!!!!
You're welcome. That's what we do around here - always presenting each other in the best light. Until he starts posting his own images - I would have to rely on my less than savory minions on the trail to take images of his hike. These will be posted after extensive verification as to the images authenticity. Regards. Go Wrongway!

sasquatch2014
04-10-2008, 21:50
If he just left Erwin today ... he's still a ways off from our position. How's the album selling?
Interesting way of funding your hikes.
http://209.200.85.146/trailjournals/photos/6537/tj6537_041008_144146_308414.jpg
Sasquatch funds his hikes from royalties from a past career.

Ok now that is just soooo WRONG. You can't just go around photo shopping peoples heads onto any old picture you want. I thought you would have respected my career and my livelihood how dare you switch my face. You know that I am the Cowboy in the group. and Wrongway is the Cop.:D

doggiebag
04-10-2008, 21:59
Ok now that is just soooo WRONG. You can't just go around photo shopping peoples heads onto any old picture you want. I thought you would have respected my career and my livelihood how dare you switch my face. You know that I am the Cowboy in the group. and Wrongway is the Cop.:D
Lucky for me - I am part of the WB ministry of propaganda so I have no fear of having my mug being superimposed as a member of the Village People. Live in fear my friend - live in fear. Besides Wrongway doesn't have a beard in any of his uploaded pictures.

turtle_tami
04-11-2008, 15:17
Lucky for me - I am part of the WB ministry of propaganda so I have no fear of having my mug being superimposed as a member of the Village People. Live in fear my friend - live in fear. Besides Wrongway doesn't have a beard in any of his uploaded pictures.

do you just use photo shop to do that?
this is really the best i can do with mine.. i have a bunch of photos i could do allot with!!!!

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h215/turtle_tami/zone-1.jpg

wrongway_08
04-11-2008, 21:57
Updating on wrongway

He is at US 19 ~~ He is 50 above Erwin

doggiebag
04-11-2008, 22:17
Updating on wrongway

He is at US 19 ~~ He is 50 above Erwin
That will put him at 71 miles south of the Virginia state line. Thanks for the update. :D
It'll take him about 3 or 4 days to cover that distance.

wrongway_08
04-11-2008, 22:36
That will put him at 71 miles south of the Virginia state line. Thanks for the update. :D
It'll take him about 3 or 4 days to cover that distance.

ANYTIME

its raining there also. good thing i sent him that tent :eek: sounds like they get allota rain that way. course sounds like theres allota inside places to sleep also...... :-?

:rolleyes:

Big Blue
04-11-2008, 22:38
They've got a great all you can eat right behind Budget Inn. That'll help with the weight. Great job man!

doggiebag
04-11-2008, 22:59
do you just use photo shop to do that?
this is really the best i can do with mine.. i have a bunch of photos i could do allot with!!!!

These are recent sightings of Wrongway. He seems to be doing well.
Though he appears to be a little lonely.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3804&d=1207969079

He seems to be running low on rations on the following image ... though he seems to
enjoy whatever he can run down.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3805&d=1207972532

Lost_Soul
04-11-2008, 23:58
ROFL... Finally.

Rick, I'm guessing that's the sheep pic you were trying to find to show me at the house ???

turtle_tami
04-12-2008, 10:29
These are recent sightings of Wrongway. He seems to be doing well.
Though he appears to be a little lonely.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3804&d=1207969079

He seems to be running low on rations on the following image ... though he seems to
enjoy whatever he can run down.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3805&d=1207972532

thats so wrong tooo funny

well guess I'd rather him get allittle loney on the trail with that though then another girl haha.

doing a great job!!! Posters r being made for his return home!!

Lost_Soul
04-12-2008, 12:58
Hmmm off subject (like you're not used to that by now from me Rick.....)

Knowledge awaits in Damascus those who are open to it and follow directions starting with the hardest first. Later is better than never.

turtle_tami
04-12-2008, 17:39
Hmmm off subject (like you're not used to that by now from me Rick.....)

Knowledge awaits in Damascus those who are open to it and follow directions starting with the hardest first. Later is better than never.

dak i hope rick knows what this means you lost me on this one..

he called i dont know where he is right now the reseption again wasnt that great said he would call me tonight and let me know where he is,

although..:D it was good enough i could tell him about your pics doggiebag he laughed he cant wait till he gets to a place that has internet access said he will get you back haha.

Lost_Soul
04-12-2008, 19:57
ROFL. Tami, I doubt he's gonna know. It's gonna be like normal. He's gonna worry about it. Think the wrong thing. And get upset. Was just saying to start with the BOX first. (I also sent out a padded envelope today with belated BDay stuff in it) i.e. I'm just telling him to go in order.... would make more sense that way. (hardest first <box> then less hard <padded envelope>) He knows I'm an analyst <no jokes> at work and like to do puzzles and things. :^) <he'll also be able to see the tone changing with time... something he'll appreciate>
Thanks for keeping up with the updates Tami,
Dak.

Lost_Soul
04-12-2008, 20:00
Oh, and Rick. When I see that snow pic I keep waiting to see rice paddys behind you. Something about that hat and the look on your face makes me think that.

Doggiebag... maybe you can help bring this image to life ? LOL

turtle_tami
04-13-2008, 13:47
dak-- understand beter now.

update-- rick did a zero yesterday
he is going to start moving today said next place he stops should have internet.
he can update his journal and see the nice pictures doggiebag has posted lol
his pack was cutting into his back, he has to modifi something to make it so it doesnt do that anymore.

Lost_Soul
04-13-2008, 14:16
I could use a physical map of the trail to be able to follow along a little better. (forgot to take a pic of the one in the closet when I was over the house last) I know there are links, just can't print them here. Though, I am guessing when to send stuff fairly well. :^D
I'm sore today. Thought yesterday was supposed to be a rainy day. Since it wasn't I did ALOT of yard work. Started, finally, cutting up the trees that were felled not too long ago. (Rick has pics) Cut the grass. Moved the woods line back some, too. (actually took the shirt off outside... lost about 10 - 15 lbs since I saw Rick last) <wag wag wag> Gotta get a bud with a truck up here to load it all up. (he's taking it for his fireplace... his wife loves me for this stuff)
Only real bad thing was the stupid gnome (another neighbor) was out there doing his yard, too. I wanted to be FIRST this year. grrrrr
Don't do too many zeros, Rick. Will be alot to make up.

Stay safe my friend,
Dak.

doggiebag
04-13-2008, 14:16
He gained a couple of pounds.
I know it's wrong.

turtle_tami
04-13-2008, 14:29
I know it's wrong.

It is But what you gonna do* Its funny* :D

Lost_Soul
04-13-2008, 18:34
Actually, Doggiebag... it's not wrong.. it's Wrongway. ::ducking::

river1
04-13-2008, 18:46
I know it's wrong.

Hey doggiebag, that there is funny stuff, to bad rick don't let you update his journal..

doggiebag
04-13-2008, 18:54
Hey doggiebag, that there is funny stuff, to bad rick don't let you update his journal..
I've offered time and time again to assist in the creative content of his journal. I believe it's nothing more
than a case of pen envy. Here's a prime example of good trail journalisim:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3815&d=1208134736
After getting caught with his pants down while relieving himself - Wrongway makes his getaway while the bear
was subdued by uncontrolled fits of spasmodic laughter.
Go Wrongway!

turtle_tami
04-14-2008, 11:15
you are getting way to good at this doggiebag i am laughing so much* THANK YOU!! haha

Rick did a zero yesterday i talked to him then but the reseption was crappy last night it is snowing there and raining so that didnt help it,
i talked to him early this morning he was packing up about start on the move. so hes on the move said he has 25 miles to do today i think. it was 25 and miles in the same sentance.. he kinda broke out on me.. sorry.. im trying..the reseption is just bla..

Lost_Soul
04-14-2008, 23:05
reception

turtle_tami
04-15-2008, 14:09
reception

Smart A*s

Thank you for the correction on that.. lol

Rick (wrongway) did 25 miles yesterday he is back on the move again today. said it is still snowing and sleeting and its kinda cold there

And you all do this for fun??... :rolleyes: haha
Ill be out in the spring/summer time with you :)

Lost_Soul
04-15-2008, 17:37
Yea. <turning around> it's learning.

You might be out there with Doggiebag. I doubt you will be with me. (I know, it wasn't meant for me, anyway) :^D So, have fun.

doggiebag
04-15-2008, 17:53
My vitals will be in a cheesegrater if my old lady got the wrong impression on this thread! :eek: Yikes! - I have enough issues at this point.

turtle_tami
04-15-2008, 18:52
My vitals will be in a cheesegrater if my old lady got the wrong impression on this thread! :eek: Yikes! - I have enough issues at this point.

of course rick would be there, rick would have a few things to say about this one to if he was thinking about it the wrongway he knows me better though!
he knows there is no way i would go without him heck thats the only reason i go outside and actually stay outside haha.
i walk on like the road but like hiking yea if ricks not there ya wont find me there i can tell ya that.

turtle_tami
04-15-2008, 18:56
oh and rick did 9 miles today haha i ment to put that in there
i was to busy laughing you all can so twist a simple comment like that.. sorry..

sasquatch2014
04-15-2008, 19:06
huh, Rain and snow and sleet with cold tempatures. That sounds pretty much like everyone of his shake down hikes so what is the hold up I thought hed be putting in 30's by now. It must be all the extra trail weight that he is packing on in all the town stops.

Wrong way if you keep this up your going to have to grease your hips to make it through the "Lemon Squeezer". at that is just at the start of the Deli run sections.:D

Lost_Soul
04-15-2008, 22:55
OMG... Great... ANOTHER one for you to embarass me on. (like my saying, "I should have enough wood to raise the bed") Yikes. I just meant that Rick, You, and Doggiebag would be hiking together. I probably wouldn't be making it on the trip. (Wouldn't mind, but, don't know how things are gonna go) Dang Tami, you're ALOT worse than Rick at embarassing me. (scary, but, something to be proud of) Think he's scared of embarassing me. He knows I ALWAYS keep an ace up my sleeve. (hope that doesn't have any bad connotations) And that since him and I are enough alike I know just how to get him back. <mwahaha>

doggiebag
04-15-2008, 23:09
Now that we've got that all straight - this is why I usually hike with my dog. I'm guessing Wrongway should be rolling into Damascus sometime tomorrow, so we would probably get an idea of how his sloth ass is doing straight from the source. If not I'll just have to go to the field reporters for updates as to his progress.

doggiebag
04-16-2008, 10:49

Running out of funds: Wrongway tries his hand at entertaining the ladies.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3845&d=1208357216

Lost_Soul
04-16-2008, 11:18
Hmmmm... with your dog, huh ? <not going there... not going there... not going there> O:^)
Rick might have another month or so before he needs to do that <pointing at pic>. At least he should know what doesn't work. LOL
Finally getting my stuff set up for my new job. No more will I be the office lackey. <yeah> OK, got a meeting to go to. Probably won't be back here 'til the weekend. Rick, the black is 0323 or 5420 after 1500L. Go ahead and 'yell' at me. :^D (only AFTER you read all the places you need to read)
Catch ya soon,
Dak.
And that Calvin and Hobbes™ is something *I* DREW in paintbrush in '95. (my initials are in the rock on the second frame)
Also, take a pic of the shirt before it gets tore up on the trail. ('specially since your camera has as high of a res as it does) Would be good for an album cover for the trip.
Take care my brother.

turtle_tami
04-16-2008, 11:58

Running out of funds: Wrongway tries his hand at entertaining the ladies.
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3845&d=1208357216

why is it all the pictures i see of rick on these trails his pants are half off.. what are you all doing out there?? i have like 30 of them at the house. :-?

Lost_Soul
04-16-2008, 21:19
Hmmmm no yelling... must not have made it to Damascus. ::whew::

doggiebag
04-16-2008, 21:54
I heard he experienced some type of blow-out. He should be in a shock when he checks this thread out. :D

turtle_tami
04-17-2008, 10:28

Rick did 9 miles yesterday

They are doing 40miles today to get to damascus* he said he would be there at 2-3 am

sasquatch2014
04-17-2008, 10:38
Wow 40 miles and pulling in in the early AM. His butt will really be dragging...it may even be lower than where he wears his pants.:D

Lost_Soul
04-17-2008, 11:18
Thanks Tami. For everything.

turtle_tami
04-17-2008, 12:32
Wow 40 miles and pulling in in the early AM. His butt will really be dragging...it may even be lower than where he wears his pants.:D

He is with this group of guys that are all about hiking 40miles today he said that its not uphill uphill like the rest of the trail. :-?

i hope so seems like he shows his butt off alott to you all.. :eek:

Time To Fly 97
04-17-2008, 12:49
Vanderventer shelter to Damascus is 33 miles and easy mostly flat/slight downhill all the way. I did this in 12 hours with an hour break. It is a very enjoyable stretch.

Happy hiking!

TTF

wrongway_08
04-17-2008, 21:38
Rick did 20 miles today they all stopped to crash out for the night. they are heading out early leaving at 5am to go the rest the way

doggiebag
04-17-2008, 21:41
That's a good idea. He shouldn't plan on making the big miles until he's deep in VA. Too much risk of injury. He's got plenty of time.

wrongway_08
04-17-2008, 22:03
Rick said he will update all of you tomorrow when he gets there.

sasquatch2014
04-17-2008, 22:22
I am heading out tomorrow to get in place for our little hike next week. If others would be so kind as to post harassing comments on Wrongways progress on my behalf it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want him to feel that we have abandon him. :rolleyes:

doggiebag
04-17-2008, 22:45
I'm with Sasquatch on this one. So any disparaging or demoralizing comments to Wrongway on my behalf as well - would be greatly appreciated. Regards.

Lost_Soul
04-18-2008, 15:39
I'll try. Can't say they'll be that good, though. Um... Tami, it isn't only on the trail Rick shows his butt off. :^X
Maybe I should dog ME instead ? ....Thinking of butts, Amy BUSTED me today at the part time STARING at Ann's butt today. Dangit, if only Ann wasn't married. I'll have to get a pic of her to show you all sometime. Still, they didn't stop for most of the afternoon. Guess I should take a page from Rick's book and act dense to what's around me. She's got her Wrangler Unlimited. Definitely the type who'd be out there having fun. She's got to check out my Jeep already. Maybe hers can be the first of the new body styles to get the stuff I'm putting on mine ?
Ok, got some yard work to do. Will catch ya all later.
Dak.

turtle_tami
04-18-2008, 17:05
I'll try. Can't say they'll be that good, though. Um... Tami, it isn't only on the trail Rick shows his butt off. :^X
Maybe I should dog ME instead ? ....Thinking of butts, Amy BUSTED me today at the part time STARING at Ann's butt today. Dangit, if only Ann wasn't married. I'll have to get a pic of her to show you all sometime. Still, they didn't stop for most of the afternoon. Guess I should take a page from Rick's book and act dense to what's around me. She's got her Wrangler Unlimited. Definitely the type who'd be out there having fun. She's got to check out my Jeep already. Maybe hers can be the first of the new body styles to get the stuff I'm putting on mine ?
Ok, got some yard work to do. Will catch ya all later.
Dak.

i dont really want to know who rick shows his butt off to other then the guys on the trail thank you.

Rick should be to damascus soon so you can post to him directly for a few.

TOW
04-18-2008, 19:38
Rumor has it that he is in town..............

If all goes according to plan, he will be dragging his belly out of my house tomorrow night after I stuff a pot of beans and hocks down his windy pipe.......

Lost_Soul
04-18-2008, 20:22
Wanderer, tell him I hope he's having fun. and goodbye for me.

Lost_Soul
04-18-2008, 20:26
Oh, take care everyone. (Especially those Harpers Ferry Girls)

Philippe
04-18-2008, 20:36
[quote=If all goes according to plan, he will be dragging his belly out of my house tomorrow night after I stuff a pot of beans and hocks down his windy pipe.......[/quote]

I hope you meant that metaphorically. At least the stuffing/windpipe thing! :eek:

PRIVY MONSTER!
04-19-2008, 00:01
Hello All;

I can only surmise that this is 'Wrong Way' now with 'Erwin?' If so... as the machine I am on is dial up and no photos.... then a big hello! Hope the hips and back are better since Uncle Johnnys! Sure Erwin is still gettin' better! I just pulled another 18+ from Apple House into Moreland.. then of course, slept in until about noon! HAR! Just to stroll on into Dennis Gap today! I'll check back into this site periodically... but will probably see you up the trail a bit more!

Haunted Privy's are incredibly cool! The ghosts don't even mind holding your toilet paper!

Privy Monster!

TOW
04-19-2008, 18:03
Well I have a big ole pot of pinto beans, flavored with salt pork and fried taters and biscuits. But you know what? No Wrongway.

I know he got the message that he was invited because several hikers told me they told him plus I sent him a PM as well.

Maybe he'll show up tomorrow and I can feed them to him cold......

TOW
04-20-2008, 11:29
Halftime and his two sidekicks showed up and wolfed the beans down! If anyone runs into Wrongway then you can tell him there are some beans left........

10-K
04-20-2008, 15:34
Halftime and his two sidekicks showed up and wolfed the beans down! If anyone runs into Wrongway then you can tell him there are some beans left........

I had to pass him this past week and didn't see him either. Probably did and just didn't recognize him.

wrongway_08
04-20-2008, 19:09
Hello from Damscus!

Erwin is doing okay, he has a little stomach problem, going to the vet Monday.

My replacement boots New Balance didn't shoe up yet, bummer but going to call them monday. Hope the can next day them.

Looking for a doctor for my back but have not found any yet. Maybe in the next town.

Big mail drops this time, will be ouncing them ahead, won't need any food for a good looong while.

Should be leaving monday, if Erwin gets a clear bill of health from the vet.
Will leave Tuesday if New Balance will next day the new boots.

Take care, talk to you all soon!
Happy Hiking,
Wrongway_08

TOW
04-21-2008, 05:01
Met Wrongway finally, now I have an idea why he is called Wrongway,,,,,,,,hahahaha........

AlwaysHiking
04-21-2008, 07:24
Met Wrongway finally, now I have an idea why he is called Wrongway,,,,,,,,hahahaha........

It only takes one meeting to understand!

turtle_tami
04-21-2008, 12:58

you got that right* when we first first started dating (sorry rick i gotta tell this story!!) my dad was in the living room playing amazing grace on the organ, haha rick comes in the living room i know this song M_I_C_K_E_Y M_O_U_S_E... HAHA oh my gosh i thought my dad was gonna flip.. haha talk about wrongway he deff went the wrongway there!! :rolleyes:

Lost_Soul
04-21-2008, 23:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/wb_style/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=601006#post601006)

Someone recently pointed out something I did when I said bye. Guess I wasn't thinking right as I did it. Kind of got tired of the dogging on here. (though, I know Rick likes to joke around quite a bit... but... ) So, I figure it's time to do things at least a little differently.
My heart has recently been rebuilt. Never thought it to have been needed at my age. But, now that it has I wish there was some way I could have done it sooner. It's amazing how much younger I'm now feeling. How much I had lost that has been coming back. It's not fully up to strength yet, but, it's getting there. And Rick is someone I can say helped me get to the point where it could have happened. He stayed as a good friend even though the pain of my heart being opened up was probably hard to take being around while it healed. He helped me thru quite a bit of the recovery even though it probably wasn't what he wanted to do at the time. He gave me a shoulder to lean on while I got my feet back under me again. My family wasn't even there to do that for me. I'm now able to tolerate more extremes in temperature again. Have more energy thru the day so I'm not burning my leave like I had been doing. Have learned from him how to be there for myself. (losing about 15 - 20 lbs in the process) I feel like I've gotten my life back. I think it's amazing how he could do this since he hadn't really known me for very long, but, that seems to be just how he is. (look at Erwin and Hudson to know) I've tried thanking him but that sometimes sounded contrite. It wasn't meant to. I figure this is a good place to be able to get it right. With that, Rick, I will always see you as a friend and will be there for you if you ever need it. (I think you know that already, though)
As for the rest of you... make sure he stays going in the right direction and doesn't lose what it is in him that makes him who he is. Never forget how good of a person he is while the jokes fly. As I get stronger I know I will.
Now that there isn't a dry eye in the place I think I should get to bed. Have to be up early tomorrow.
Take care my friend.
Dak.

wrongway_08
04-22-2008, 10:46
Ummm, okay.

Sitting out side Subway, deciding what to eat. Hoping Dots Inn opens up so I can get a BBQ Sandwich instead.

New shoes will be here Wed, then its back on the trail!

Met The Only Wanderer again, he will be out doing a yardsale today. Going to stop by in a bit and give him a hand setting things up.
His dog Sally and Erwin get along good - a little too good, Erwin almost got some "tail magic" off her!

Catch ya all later,
Happy hiking!

turtle_tami
04-26-2008, 10:02
Rick's (wrongway) is on the move again i am not sure how far he got he didnt get to call me last night there was no reception but he is on the move again he got his shoes and Erwin has been given medicine to help his tummy feel better :-)

I will update you all when i here from him

turtle_tami
04-26-2008, 14:24
i talked to Rick (wrongway) around 11:30

he did 15 miles yesterday
&
7 miles when i talked to him at 11:30 he was still on the move though.

TOW
04-26-2008, 15:19
Someone recently pointed out something I did when I said bye. Guess I wasn't thinking right as I did it. Kind of got tired of the dogging on here. (though, I know Rick likes to joke around quite a bit... but... ) So, I figure it's time to do things at least a little differently.
My heart has recently been rebuilt. Never thought it to have been needed at my age. But, now that it has I wish there was some way I could have done it sooner. It's amazing how much younger I'm now feeling. How much I had lost that has been coming back. It's not fully up to strength yet, but, it's getting there. And Rick is someone I can say helped me get to the point where it could have happened. He stayed as a good friend even though the pain of my heart being opened up was probably hard to take being around while it healed. He helped me thru quite a bit of the recovery even though it probably wasn't what he wanted to do at the time. He gave me a shoulder to lean on while I got my feet back under me again. My family wasn't even there to do that for me. I'm now able to tolerate more extremes in temperature again. Have more energy thru the day so I'm not burning my leave like I had been doing. Have learned from him how to be there for myself. (losing about 15 - 20 lbs in the process) I feel like I've gotten my life back. I think it's amazing how he could do this since he hadn't really known me for very long, but, that seems to be just how he is. (look at Erwin and Hudson to know) I've tried thanking him but that sometimes sounded contrite. It wasn't meant to. I figure this is a good place to be able to get it right. With that, Rick, I will always see you as a friend and will be there for you if you ever need it. (I think you know that already, though)
As for the rest of you... make sure he stays going in the right direction and doesn't lose what it is in him that makes him who he is. Never forget how good of a person he is while the jokes fly. As I get stronger I know I will.
Now that there isn't a dry eye in the place I think I should get to bed. Have to be up early tomorrow.
Take care my friend.
Dak.
Let me just say this, Rick impressed me much in the little time I talked to him. He is a man I think I would like to write a story about. I was just playing around with no harm intended when I said I could understand his trail name. There is one thing for sure, Erwin loves him and Erwin is a good dog too. Usually you can tell if there is something not quite right with a dogs owner just by the way the dog acts. I have no doubt what you say about Rick is 100% true. He is a very impressive man, at least he was to me right from the gate........

turtle_tami
04-26-2008, 17:07
you all are gonna kill rick with this mushy feelings stuff on the site haha haha..

he called me at 3 and said they have 5 miles to go before there done for the day, soon as he does i can say exactly how far they went all day.

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 18:17
you all are gonna kill rick with this mushy feelings stuff on the site haha haha..

he called me at 3 and said they have 5 miles to go before there done for the day, soon as he does i can say exactly how far they went all day.
Is he still out there? Has his new cattledog mauled him yet?

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 20:44
Yea Sorry Bout That!!
He said he is in the town of pearisburg, he got there today around 4:30. he was checking into a hotel getting cleaned up said they are going to do a zero tomorrow so they can rest up.
Last I heard last night Erwin His tummy is doing fine and rick was telling him to sit down and dont eat that its not food. ha

I was thinking of going up there the 15th threw the 18th seeing him spending the time with him where~ever he is and switching Hudson for Erwin, I love Hudson and love having him here but Hudson misses Rick bbaaaddd.. i've been babying Hudson kinda bad cause of it..

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 20:49
Yea Sorry Bout That!!
He said he is in the town of pearisburg, he got there today around 4:30. he was checking into a hotel getting cleaned up said they are going to do a zero tomorrow so they can rest up.
Last I heard last night Erwin His tummy is doing fine and rick was telling him to sit down and dont eat that its not food. ha

I was thinking of going up there the 15th threw the 18th seeing him spending the time with him where~ever he is and switching Hudson for Erwin, I love Hudson and love having him here but Hudson misses Rick bbaaaddd.. i've been babying Hudson kinda bad cause of it..

Ahhhh the old dog swapping maneuver. I'm sure Hudson can't wait to see old Wrongway again. Thanks for the update.

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 21:05
He cant!! Hudson barks all night long i can walk him all day long and he still barks all night when ricks here hudsons quiet as a mouse. I like him here hes a good walking partner but...

An no prob sorry bout that I wasnt sure if you all were back from your hiking trip or not

it'l also be exciting to see what my Erwin looks like.*

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 21:16
I've seen that dog pull Wrongway all up and down some hills on leash. If he's a good walking partner for you - great. Can't give you too many suggestions on the barking issue. I'm lucky my dog's the quiet type. As they say - it's the quiet ones that you need to watch out for.

Pedaling Fool
05-04-2008, 21:30
I've seen that dog pull Wrongway all up and down some hills on leash. If he's a good walking partner for you - great. Can't give you too many suggestions on the barking issue. I'm lucky my dog's the quiet type. As they say - it's the quiet ones that you need to watch out for.
Does this mean he's a "pack" animal.:sun

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 21:35
yea he pulls me to thats what keeps me walking so long he is good thats what i need someone to keep me going! ha
ive tryed all the book suggestions nothing works he wont be happy till he is with rick,
and i've seen the pictures of max watched videos and rick told me allot about him, from what i hear max is a really kool dog. you know they are laughing at us thinking were idiots cause we say we have them on a leash when they know they really have us on a leash.. look at that face.

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 21:49
Ummm actually I'm Max and my dog's name is Aldo. Common mistake ... one more thing Tammy - it's getting warm and the ticks are out. The next time you get a hold of Wrongway - ask him if he's got any tick issues on Erwin. It can be a pain in the rear to find K-9 Advantix in some of the areas he's going through. Though it's pretty easy to get around here. The further north he goes the higher the chance of Lyme disease. Ask him the next time he calls.

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 21:57
Does this mean he's a "pack" animal.:sun
I'm sure Wrongway's swapping dogs because he misses his first dog - Hudson. It's not because he's wearing out his hiking companions.

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 21:58
sorry thats what i ment i do know it we have a few pics labeled i see them all the time.. its late i worked 67 hours in the last week to many! sorry you have to forgive any dumb things that come from me.
I Am going to get hudson stuff for ticks and flees he is starting to itch i do have to ask him about erwin thanks i wouldnt have thought about that with him not being here.

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 22:02
he doesnt know hes swapping dogs yet. i just got a off the wim idea today while sitting with hudson he hasnt called yet for me to tell him im guessing he fell asleep or somthing his phones outta the service area again..

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 22:02
Dont' apologize for silly things like that. It's just funny. Most over the counter tick meds are usually not hard-core enough for dogs hiking the AT. If you got some questions just ask.

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 22:12
We usually use on the animals frontline plus I'll get him whatever he needs though what do you suggest? There really that bad?
i'm trying really bad to look at the upside to this trail hike the pizza and wings haha im not like a all indoorsy person but rick talks about huge bugs and the weather being so cold, and his foot hurts, and now bad ticks..i think peices at a time would be ok but big bugs.. mmm ticks not good with ticks i always make rick get them off everything and ants i cant stand ants, from what i am hearing i think it sounds like a week hike would be good

doggiebag
05-04-2008, 22:24
The ticks are a little aggresive these days. I sat down next to a tree to rest for a minute last week and had a couple crawling all over me. The frontline stuff is pretty good. As far as the upside to trail hiking ... that's pretty hard to explain and I really don't blame you for questioning our sanity when the highlights of a hikers week is getting some wings and pizza. It's a tough thing to hike long-distances. It's something that you can't make someone enjoy. I've seen some well meaning folks try to introduce someone reluctant into backpacking ... it sometimes ends badly.

wrongway_08
05-04-2008, 22:56
thank ya! Ill let rick know for erwin ill see if im running hudson up or what who gets what.. it is late..

thats where i woulda jumped up and yelled ewww rick getum offf.. haha
I really want 2 do it to understand why rick is so excited about it and be with him more but honestly me i know looking at all this i couldnt handle it not yet
i dont mind the hiking hiking for days is fine i like hiking, now the fun things i am seeing on you alls hiking trips im not sure about i've watched the snow videos and heard rick out there now seen the post i donno i'd like to but i'm kinda whimpy when it comes to bugs and cold but mainly bugs. im use to patapsico (spellings wrong sorry??) cunninham falls.. harpers ferry few others i know there parts of it but where your talking about its nothing like where i usually go ill leave the big trails to you guys and ill be the one to just keep everyone posted for now

turtle_tami
05-05-2008, 12:11
Ricks (wrongway) is in town he dont stink no more, right now he is buying a dog bowl for Erwin.

doggiebag
05-05-2008, 17:03
Is he IN town? or still down in Pearisburg?

turtle_tami
05-05-2008, 17:58
Is he IN town? or still down in Pearisburg?

huh?? :confused: all he said to me was he was in pearisburg in town? he may have been just giving me a idea on the map where he is?? i donno??
i've never been there before i dont know wheres where there he is supost to call me here soon i can find out for you.. scence we want to get technical about it.. ha :rolleyes:

doggiebag
05-05-2008, 18:02
huh?? :confused: all he said to me was he was in pearisburg in town? i donno??
i've never been there before i dont know wheres where there he is supost to call me here soon i can find out for you.. scence we want to get technical about it.. ha :rolleyes:

Actually when you said he was IN town I thought he was up here in MD. I'm not that concerned with the specifics. So don't ask for me. He may start thinking I care :D. Pearisburg is around 620 odd miles from where he started ... he's a quarter of the way done. Definitely driving distance from here.

turtle_tami
05-05-2008, 18:10
how long you think it will take him to get here if hes there? and he would know you didnt care he knows beter then that..ha

doggiebag
05-05-2008, 18:37
He's around 380 miles away from Harpers Ferry. At this point in his thru-hike - if he's avoided injury. He can easily do between 20 to 25 miles a day. With a couple of zero days thrown in ... he can be in the area in less than 3 weeks IMHO.

wrongway_08
05-05-2008, 18:55
thats sweeetttt!!! im still trying to go camp with him for a few days

doggiebag
05-06-2008, 10:37
Just an FYI - Wrongway saw his first bear this morning. His exact text message was: "WooHooo, saw my first bear this morning!" I replied with "You shat ur pants?" - Nothing else to add.

turtle_tami
05-06-2008, 15:35
Just an FYI - Wrongway saw his first bear this morning. His exact text message was: "WooHooo, saw my first bear this morning!" I replied with "You shat ur pants?" - Nothing else to add.

glad he is having so much fun.

doggiebag
05-06-2008, 15:46
Well at least we know he's northbound again. The way things look here for me ... my new gig will not start till the 20th. I'm halfway thinking of tracking him down somewhere in the Shenandoahs just for laughs. Should be easy enough. It is pretty exciting seeing your first wild bear. I'm happy for the guy.

turtle_tami
05-06-2008, 15:55
Well at least we know he's northbound again. The way things look here for me ... my new gig will not start till the 20th. I'm halfway thinking of tracking him down somewhere in the Shenandoahs just for laughs. Should be easy enough. It is pretty exciting seeing your first wild bear. I'm happy for the guy.

im sure he will like that, im happy for him to.

Lost_Soul
05-06-2008, 20:36
Wow, How big of a bear ? And how close did he get ? (though, you probably don't really know) Hopefully he got pics. Would be cool to see. And pics of Erwin.
ok, gotta crawl back into bed. nursing a fever here. (not fun)
Oh yea, Tami, could you tell Rick I've taken on the roll of a DUMBA$$ for a few? Hoping to be just an Idiot again soon. LOL thanks

doggiebag
05-06-2008, 20:40
Wow, How big of a bear ? And how close did he get ? (though, you probably don't really know) Hopefully he got pics. Would be cool to see. And pics of Erwin.
ok, gotta crawl back into bed. nursing a fever here. (not fun)
Oh yea, Tami, could you tell Rick I've taken on the roll of a DUMBA$$ for a few? Hoping to be just an Idiot again soon. LOL thanks

Who knows what that guy saw ... might be an overfed raccoon for all we know. I hope he did get some pictures of the thing - those guys are quick.

NorthStarMutant
05-06-2008, 21:38
Yea, they might be quick, but, you only have to be quicker than the guy with you.

sasquatch2014
05-06-2008, 22:51
Thats why I like Hiking with these guys in a quick sprint for my life I figure I can be faster than one of them.

doggiebag
05-06-2008, 22:54
Thats why I like Hiking with these guys in a quick sprint for my life I figure I can be faster than one of them.
Start earning your kitchen pass points. Maybe we can do something up North later this summer. Oh yeah I aggregated the trips vids on the hooking up thread. You are one dancing fool. :D