PDA

View Full Version : ride to springer

mweinstone
03-08-2008, 00:30
will pay exspenses if your able to get me to springer on march 31st. leaving from philadelphia. i live within one minute drive of 95 or 76.

minnesotasmith
03-08-2008, 00:35
Coming to Trail Days this year? See anything unusual in the mail today or yesterday?:D

Ron Haven
03-08-2008, 00:36
will pay exspenses if your able to get me to springer on march 31st. leaving from philadelphia. i live within one minute drive of 95 or 76.Matty if you get in the area of Franklin a few days before come to the April Hiker Fool Bash.If you stop by the Philly market and ask one of those produce haulers I bet you could score a ride easy.There is Kennesaw Drivers out of Atlanta there daily.

Tin Man
03-08-2008, 00:39
Plans coming together? Awesome! Best wishes on your hike. or should that be ... bestist wishies unto ure hikey? (sorry, my keyboard doesn't work as well as yours.)

Wonder
03-08-2008, 09:29
Hiking??????

Lone Wolf
03-08-2008, 09:51
Hiking??????

pack sniffin' most likely

StarLyte
03-08-2008, 10:02
Hey pack sniffer....let me think about it....you know I love road trips...:sun just the excuse I need too....

Chaco Taco
03-08-2008, 10:06
Good luck man. I know you have been looking forward to this. Ill see ya out there. Ill be a few days behind ya. See ya soon if not at Traildays.

mweinstone
03-08-2008, 18:01
starlyte, im looking to go cheap with someone allready going down who just needs help with exspensis. stonewall wants to go as do you. but i feel i must first exsplore the cheap stranger for gas money option . before i fully cave to the wonderfull friends hiking me up springer idea. also, i would prefer to go with you only to spend time with you. me and stonewall see each other alot and live nearby. so its you babe unless i cant swing the cost of sending you home.(i may have offered too much by a hunet) fingers crossed. apartment boxed. walls patched. job with garnishable paycheck secured and waiting on return. rent arangement made with lang the lanlord to pay two months now and two when i can on return. deal cut with new boss to return at pa just for some few weeks of apartment rehabing and then off to maine to catch up with johnney. yes ms i got it. it hangs in the trash closet of our building and lends to that otherwise plane yet clean room, a place to pause and reflect on your hike. marsha and i agree, we hate the poem and love that its from you. its all i got to be honest. i know you are my friend regardless of poetic loves.

mweinstone
03-08-2008, 18:17
this will be my fifth trip in planning, my fourth step off on springer if i do. my third passing of neels if i do. my second passing of perisburg va if i do . and my first non smokeing hike. it has ben since march 3rd at 1 pm when i had my last ciggerett. and it will be zeroless to a high degree as i have not but food money and that must be suplemented by hikerbox corp food stuffs unfourtunatly. i will have to eat cheap , walk fast and not party. its all good. all my stupidness should flee from my dumbass and yall might get a glimps of nonbob ed matty.

Chaco Taco
03-08-2008, 18:29
Im in the same boat, eat cheap and stay out of towns.

mweinstone
03-08-2008, 18:40
and bring your broken gear . no need to worry about the rainpants that caught fire at pa ruck filming drivebys blower. the three foot tape patch that is the left leg now,...can hold till the first fully loaded pack i find abandoned on the approch trail aprill first with nothing but its water bottle and wallet gone,...supplys new. and it will be around the first or second days walk ill find everything else i need to replace. by the first full moon i will have gathered hikerbox food and mailed it ahead like the rat i can be and was trained as a child to become. and with rat like proficency, i will yogi all the heavyest best canned goods from broken hikers along the way pedeling their hell loads of beans and jeans! and by erwin,...ill have miss janets warm smile and huggs to feed my soul. and at trail angel marys ill get shofered to the stores of my dreams and feast on doyal delights!oh,..i think we both are gonna eat alot of good food those others carry for us!lol!

1Pint
03-08-2008, 21:54
Go Matty Go!!! It was a pleasure hanging out with you at the Winter Warmer. I hope you have the best time out there and make it as far as is right for you.

Best wishes Matt!

Laura/1Pint

Memphis Tim
03-08-2008, 22:39
I left philly Feb, 25 on AMTRAK to Gainesville, GA for $130 and was picked up by Leigh at the Hiker's Hostel, put up for the night and dropped off at the trail all for $63. Good luck on your journey.

mweinstone
03-09-2008, 01:48
ahh the amtrack sleeper car. bin their, done piss smelly bed with too short to unfetal. so have i door to doored with starlyte before. its wonderfull. she knows the best intenet. buys high calibre coffie. and speeds with the truckers as sheilds. she weaves. she bobs. she arrives first and all for a song. asong of love in the yukon. between ms and a certian brand of beef jerky. ahh, but thats another story, storys of cutelfish snacks and a ms sunset. ahhh. confused? billville comming to a trail near you. kirby? is that you son? you taken care your mamma kirby? like i told you? kirby?

camojack
03-09-2008, 02:06
this will be my fifth trip in planning, my fourth step off on springer if i do. my third passing of neels if i do. my second passing of perisburg va if i do . and my first non smokeing hike. it has ben since march 3rd at 1 pm when i had my last ciggerett. and it will be zeroless to a high degree as i have not but food money and that must be suplemented by hikerbox corp food stuffs unfourtunatly. i will have to eat cheap , walk fast and not party. its all good. all my stupidness should flee from my dumbass and yall might get a glimps of nonbob ed matty.
I hope it all works out for you, my brother. If it's meant to be, then it shall be. Good luck!!! :o

Panzer1
03-09-2008, 04:00
he's cut his hair, quit partying and quit smoking. He must be serious about this thru-hiking thing..

Panzer
good luck matty

TOW
03-09-2008, 06:33
Matty, you will be staying here upon your arrival will you not?

minnesotasmith
03-09-2008, 09:09
yes ms i got it. it hangs in the trash closet of our building and lends to that otherwise plane yet clean room, a place to pause and reflect on your hike. marsha and i agree, we hate the poem and love that its from you. its all i got to be honest. i know you are my friend regardless of poetic loves.

That is one of the most sophisticated things I've read on WB. Thank you for your honesty, and for your friendship.

mweinstone
03-09-2008, 11:17
and simply the least sophistocated post? and i quote," 1 in 25". no larry i wont be staying at casa de wanderer while in damascus. i will have been by nessesety, eaten by wolves. and shreaded by vultures and laughed at by hikers. and finaly bleached by the sun, my bones will crumble and blow as dust into town at sundown three nights pre trail days. you may house my dust as you wish but you know i prefer the floor in the living room next to the couch. so me and you can chat quietly while smelly hikers snore rudely nearby. and if you miss me, you can put my ashes in a pan with a dash of salt and just a pinch of bacon and set me in the oven covered at 325,..... ill reconstitute all nice like with a gift in my pack for you called ham.

mweinstone
03-09-2008, 11:28
and simply the least sophistocated post? and i quote," 1 in 25". no larry i wont be staying at casa de wanderer while in damascus. i will have been by nessesety, eaten by wolves. and shreaded by vultures and laughed at by hikers. and finaly bleached by the sun, my bones will crumble and blow as dust into town at sundown three nights pre trail days. you may house my dust as you wish but you know i prefer the floor in the living room next to the couch. so me and you can chat quietly while smelly hikers snore rudely nearby. and if you miss me, you can put my ashes in a pan with a dash of salt and just a pinch of bacon and set me in the oven covered at 325,..... ill reconstitute all nice like with a gift in my pack for you called ham.

Jason of the Woods
03-09-2008, 12:52
We are just a few days behind you. Happy hiking Matty!

Panzer1
03-09-2008, 17:09
we'll have to have a going-away party for you:):):)
Keep us apprised of your blast off date.

Panzer

mweinstone
03-09-2008, 17:17
johnney thunder and teresa his beautiful polish hotty girlbabe just left after we walked in fairmount park at the whispering bench and ate at quidobas. had beans and guack. shes cool with him thruhiking. but its hard to watch folks say goodby. she felt better haveing met another hiker buddy of johns even if it was only me.i can represent hikerdome only for about two hours before doing something dumb and embarrasing that usually banns me from giving directions or being allowd to touch cars. this time , things went smoothly and i belive i can say, as bob ubanks said on the honymooners show," gentelmen, the wives have been saftly secluded off stage. what would she say, if you came home with springer feaver?" the dudes commin over to visit. gotta go. still need ride. will leave as early as this weekend for franklin and points south if anyones goin. just waiting for bank to clear money wed thurs or fri. can leave then. whos drivin?otherwise, still leaveing end of month. its just that mala invited me to hang with him and tricks and wee willy and baltimore jack. it would be special. starlyte? could you leave next weekend?

Tennessee Viking
03-09-2008, 17:57
will pay exspenses if your able to get me to springer on march 31st. leaving from philadelphia. i live within one minute drive of 95 or 76.
I am leaving East Tennessee to go vacation down around Blue Ridge on Easter Weekend. I don't know if that helps out.

mweinstone
03-10-2008, 00:43
my dream ride leaves philly friday or sat or sun morn for springer. my next best ride would be to franklin any time fri or sat. malas goin to springer from there and all i have to do is get to franklin. my dream price is all costs. gas food coffie tolls . my options are tricks this week or starlyte in by the first. or trail angel mary and the marymobile if all else fails. only tricks is really going down one way. only tricks can deliver me as pooped as he can. hes got alot to do on the way. sports games till midnight and such. and he needs help driveing. im not a driver. cant see good. or drive at all. duh. i want a ride dammit! witch one of you has one? jester called! yeah! hes offered to ride me to harpers ferry this weekend. anyone going south from their? wanna ride me to springer for a couple hunit? call me. pm me. post here. ride me or youll all be sorry.

mweinstone
03-11-2008, 10:14
duplicate post

mweinstone
03-11-2008, 10:21
i think stonewalls declaired a hikeing emergency and is goin down with me. not that theirs anything wrong with that. a hiking emergency is when you will simply die if you dont hike with matthewski. he says he can be ready by the end of the week. honestly dont know if i can wait. when my check clears im gone with the wind . you do understand that the hills are alive with the sound of music and also the sound of bacon sizzeling and the backround noises of other hikers eyes popping out like in total recall dont you? and you understand that i havent smoked a cigg since march 3rd at 1 pm. and you further understand that when i catch up to kirby , im going to give him a purple nurple for you all. and then we will discuss the simalaritys bettween the mass support online and in the woods that kirby is going to receive on this hike for being cool like that and how it relates to the simaler yet different fannings minnesota smith received. it is a wonderfull thing to be supported by others good thaughts and actions while hikeing. my own youth was absolutly filled with lobster thanks to ray walkin home from maine who never ever lets me run out of good lobsters whenever hes near. why, ill bet young ray has lobsta for me all labled and designated in his freazer right now! it prolly says on the container,.."danger! warning! dangerous amount of lobster to be eaten by matthewski" keep away!

Lone Wolf
03-11-2008, 10:22
bag o tricks is coming down on friday. get a ride with him. don't you billville types stick together?

Wonder
03-11-2008, 11:33
bag o tricks is coming down on friday. get a ride with him. don't you billville types stick together?

Yep, I got the message on that one. "5pm, Dot's, Be there"

mweinstone
03-11-2008, 15:39
duplicate post

mweinstone
03-11-2008, 15:45
last night my springer feaver went up to 104.7. the rangers said i would have died if i didnt watch that trail vidio it brought my fever down to 99. im drinking ramman broth and sucking frozen snickers but im real sick and the doctor says the only way back to health would be an evac to springer pronto. so im leavin tommorow at high noon. dont have a ride. dont need billville. walking south from 2101 snyder avenue with sign that says springer or bust. whoever gets me there will. i can wait no longer. will check fruit haulers going to atlanta next 4 am at the philadelphia food distribution center. ron haven says too. so im checkin. if you can leave by noon tommorow, and your going south to springer, call me. 215 668 0898. otherwise stay the hell off my phone. its for gettin to springer now. any un related , non getting to springer activitys will not be tolorated. no see ya laters. nohope you have funs. im so jellouse i could dies allowed after 9 pm. wining hotline ext 33. one bitch per customer.i shoulda ,i woulda,i couldas not returnable. all failures to thru final . lwolf sold seperatly. wee willy not associated with sperm whales. all other whales need not apply. bag o' tricks and the bag o' tricks network are funded by billville for a better tommorow. jesters talking jesus doll sold without batterys. the batterys are concidered the very engines of prostelitizing. matthew claude weinstone is a dumbass who really could have been banned from the trail hes so frickkin badass. but he has eluded the thaught police thus far as they have not come into existance yet. selling computer,,,,,,,,,,,,now!

Johnny Thunder
03-11-2008, 15:58
Get off my plane.

Wonder
03-11-2008, 18:51
MAtty.....you will fly up the trail on plan ol', matthewski energy! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure at this energy level, I'll be seeing you here in no time!

mweinstone
03-13-2008, 07:31
at duncanon ! trail angel marys. hope tricks gets my messages. i want him to pick me up here. my check cleared and theirsa pnc bank next to the doyal. will pay bills from here. couldnt wait in city any longer. dude drove me here and tricks must finnish the job. will rent 23 tonight and wait for tricks. he can crash on the bed after work if he needs and we could leave then. its a plan. only thing is tricks dosnt call back. he will. just being tricks me thinks.

camojack
03-13-2008, 07:55
at duncanon ! trail angel marys. hope tricks gets my messages. i want him to pick me up here. my check cleared and theirsa pnc bank next to the doyal. will pay bills from here. couldnt wait in city any longer. dude drove me here and tricks must finnish the job. will rent 23 tonight and wait for tricks. he can crash on the bed after work if he needs and we could leave then. its a plan. only thing is tricks dosnt call back. he will. just being tricks me thinks.
You go, boyee!!! :D

Panzer1
03-13-2008, 13:03
Good luck Matty!!:)
God Speed

Panzer

Lone Wolf
03-13-2008, 13:04
take a bus already. geez

Wonder
03-13-2008, 14:38
See ya tomorrow!!!!

Panzer1
03-13-2008, 16:21
I have the map of the entire AT on my wall at work. I will be using pushpins to indicate your location on the trail. Let me know when I can place the pushpin on springer mountain. Right now the pushpin is on the ceiling..:):)

Panzer

Thru Hiker Wife
03-13-2008, 17:37
Where'd you get your map? I can't find one anywhere that has the entire trail that I could push pin progress on.

I have the map of the entire AT on my wall at work. I will be using pushpins to indicate your location on the trail. Let me know when I can place the pushpin on springer mountain. Right now the pushpin is on the ceiling..:):)

Panzer

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 17:49
I have one of these that I mounted on a piece of corkboard for tracking my section hike progress...

https://www.atctrailstore.org/catalog/iteminfo.cfm?itemid=198&compid=1

hobojoe
03-13-2008, 18:10
I knew a jerk who hiked with that map.

Tin Man
03-13-2008, 18:11
I knew a jerk who hiked with that map.

That sounds like a picture to behold.

camojack
03-13-2008, 21:13
I think we need a "Where's Matthewski" thread... :-?