PDA

View Full Version : The Hennessey hammock water collectors

zoidfu
03-08-2008, 08:51
They seem like a pretty absurd idea. Has anyone actually had any success using them?

zoidfu
03-08-2008, 16:54
I guess that's a no........

GGS2
03-08-2008, 17:00
Actually, it struck me as not too bad an idea, but I've never had the opportunity to try it out.

Doctari
03-08-2008, 18:42
They looked good on the HH display set up at Trail Days last year.

2Questions
03-08-2008, 21:00
We went on a weekender in January when it snowed about an inch or so. My buddy had one of those and as the snow melted on the fly it filled a 4L Platy hoser! Does work but not sure I would count on them for tensioning..prefer my JJ tensioner setups.

Seeker
03-08-2008, 22:02
after seeing what's covered my tarp after a few hours of hanging, i'm not sure i'd want it in my water bottles. but if you let it rain awhile first, to wash off the pollen and bird 'doo', i'm sure it would work fine. now that i think about it, it can't be any dirtier than what i pull from my local streams. pollen and bird doo end up on tree leaves, which eventually get crossed by the rainwater that drains into those same streams.

johnnyblisters
03-09-2008, 12:04
Meh, I have only used them when it was raining and I didn't feel like walking 1.5 miles down the mountain to get H2O. They did what they were designed to do, collect water. But the line tensioning aspect of the deal didn't work out so well. And about the bird doo and pollen, that should be of little concern if you are drinking out of AT springs. The hydrologic cycle is a very interesting thing.

Two Speed
03-09-2008, 12:51
Good Lord, you mean that fish don't get out of the water and walk 200' from all water supplies to dig a cathole?