PDA

View Full Version : Promise overdue--wt of Usurper

MedicineMan
01-18-2004, 05:03
I told a poster here I would weigh the Nike Usurper....sorry it took so long, but finally sat down with the scales and weighed some things.
The Usurpers weigh 2oz per shoe.
I was also curious about the Ham radio I carry and a couple of ant's I can subb. The Kenwood TH-F6A weighs 9oz and a dipole ant 3oz. A j-pole ant. weighs close to 2oz but not quite.
Also weighed the Montbell Thermawrap Jacket...an XL weighs 8.5 onces which is a major improvement over an LLBean primaloft jacket I have been stuffing into the day pack.
Again sorry for being so late with the Usurper weight.
Medicine Man

HikeLite
04-28-2006, 21:27
My size 9 usurper weighs 176 grams or 6.2 oz.

MedicineMan
04-29-2006, 07:22
checking in from Front Royal, carrying the Usurpers even now....bad news is that I dont think they are available anymoer :(

HikeLite
05-03-2006, 12:03
Yeah, me either. In doing a froogle search I only came up with a kids usurper. I happened to stumble on them at a local Sports Authority. After wearing them and comparing them to my tevas, I am not sure I want to keep them. The padding offered doesn't compare to a teva if you have to wear them on a hard surface. I guess they may feel better on ground surfaces. The part that goes over my foot makes it sweat while I don't get that with my teva.