PDA

View Full Version : Lodging in Wesser

Tn Bandit
01-19-2004, 20:53
What kind of lodging is there in Wesser? I was planning my hike and Wesser seems to be a perfect place to stop that night to break up the next days hike. Is there plenty or should I make reservations?

smokymtnsteve
01-19-2004, 21:18
what time of year???

Bankrobber
01-19-2004, 22:50
There is a hostel open at the Nantahala Outdoor Center. I would recommend camping at the shelter a mile before NOC, eat a meal and resupply in the morning before climbing up Cheoah Bald.

Peaks
01-20-2004, 10:21
NOC was a great place for me to enjoy a NERO. I hiked in early in the morning, got a bunk, did some white water, did laundry, etc, had a couple of good meals, and then hiked out the next morning.

hungryhowie
01-20-2004, 10:33
What kind of lodging is there in Wesser? I was planning my hike and Wesser seems to be a perfect place to stop that night to break up the next days hike. Is there plenty or should I make reservations?

I've stayed several times at the shelter only 1 mile south of NOC. It's a nearly-flat walk and easy to do whenever. I had one unsleepable night there, though. The Whiperwills showed up as I was going to sleep and went all through the night. Ahhhhh! I nearly went insane. Other than that, there is a hostel at the NOC, some nice camping near the NOC, some nice camping on Swim Bald, and some awesome camping on the Queen Mother - Cheoah Bald.

-Howie

Jaybird
01-20-2004, 10:49

Yo TnBandit:

The Nantahala Outdoor Center hostel is as good as any on this section.

(of course if you dont want to shell out the bucks for the bunk...the shelter is approx. 1 mile from NOC.)

& the RiversEnd Restuarant (@ NOC) has an AYCE buffet for breakfast....for a good start the next morning....& try their BIG WESSER BURGERS w/ fries..... it's LEGENDARY!

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy! :D

see ya'll UP the trail in 2004!

TownDawg
09-17-2004, 13:59
The hostel rates are cheap.. it worked well for us.. when we were there.. and you are right.. the NOC restaurant.. good food. ;)