PDA

View Full Version : Milkman dry milk in bulk?

highway
01-20-2004, 08:25
Does anyone know where you can buy Milkman dry milk in bulk, preferably online, since I live in the middle of nowhere? Thanks.

See Forum "Cooking and Food" under "Powdered Milk".

Its a shame that most super markets here do not sell it; I guess their profit percentage is less for selling a superior product so they opt instead to sell the "other" brands, but at a higher price...imagine that :bse . I started buying by the case direct then!

Doc
01-22-2004, 18:17
In the last few days I have read a post somewhere on this forum about buying a case for about $35, with an 800 number. You can search around, but I'll be damned if I can find it again. Great stuff.

Doc

Doc
01-22-2004, 18:26
Found it under foods. Call Familiar Foods at 626-336-2066. Case costs $34.14.

Doc

Frog
02-12-2004, 07:34
I am sure you could find this at food service companies but they usally sell it in 50 lb bags. But i used to get some from a local cafeteria. Maybe possiable to do that.

steve hiker
02-12-2004, 12:34
To hikers in general: When you consider Milkman, remember that it is a lowfat milk. Meaning they've skimmed off most of the cream, a great source of energy especially on the trail.

By comparison, you can order Nestle Nido which is a whole dry milk. It is delicious compared to nonfat or lowfat dry milk. Very rich and creamy, especially in coffee. A 400g barrel which should last weeks on the trail costs $5 on the internet. Put "Nestle Nido" into your search engine; I got mine from PilipinoMart.com.

Just my .02