PDA

View Full Version : Dehydrator fruit sheets - where buy?

walkerat99
01-20-2004, 07:35
:confused:

You should be able to find them most anywhere the dehydrators are sold but I could be wrong. I did find mine at Walmart where I bought the dehydrator, however I did have to ask, which is something I always hate to do. They were hanging up away from where the dehydrators were sold at the time, and I could not find them. Price wise I would check at Walmart or K-Mart first and may even have to ask also. I found it was a good idea to buy an extra pack, since I was drying so much, mine got a little brittle after a month or two. Also the biggest difference you will find among the brands are the center hole may be larger or smaller, in which case they will work, but you may have to cut the hole larger or in the event it is too large may not be able to get quite as much on the sheet.

Hope this helps.... and good luck..

Ed (Never Alone)

PS. My dehydrator has 4 trays and I usually had all 4 filled at the same time, but it is a good idea to move the trays around after a few hours so that the top and bottom trays will dry more evenly. It is not necessary but I did usually move them at least once during the cycle, since some things would get a little too dry or scorch if you are a little late getting it out.

Jumpstart
01-20-2004, 07:42
Kitchen Etc. (the big kitchen supply chain store) has them, as well as Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linens & Things. I've purchased the American Harvest ones at all three stores. Check the hunting/fishing section of your local outdoor stores, too, sometimes they have dehydrating supplies.