PDA

View Full Version : Pearisburg-Damascus shuttle info

John B
03-12-2008, 16:07
I'm writing for advice and information.

I'm leaving in April to hike the Damscus-Pearisburg section.

My initial thoughts are to leave my car in Damascus and call one of the Damascus services to get a shuttle back once I get to Pearisburg. However, I've always tried to hike so that my car is at the ending point ('cause I'm lazy and just want to get a shower/go home).

Would you know of a place in Pearisburg where I could leave my car for 10-12 days? Are there shuttle people whom you know who live in Pearisburg? I checked various shuttle listings but didn't see anything.

jlb2012
03-12-2008, 16:09
I take it you don't want to hike SOBO?

John B
03-13-2008, 07:35
If hiking south is the better option, that would be fine. However, I'd prefer to hike northbound.

Evidently there are few if any shuttles in Pearisburg.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
03-13-2008, 07:45
This motel is practically right on the AT and provides limited shuttles:
Rendezvous Motel, (540) 921-2636, 795 North Main St., Pearisburg, VA 24134. Rates: $41.04S, $49.68D up to 4, unlimited long-distance phone, CATV, laundry, denatured alcohol and Coleman fuel, shuttle as schedule permits, shower only without stay $8, holds mail and packages for guests.

You might want to see if they would let you leave your car there.

Evil Eye
03-14-2008, 18:13
The Rendezvous Motel was doing some "long" shuttles last year - they are great "friends of hikers" & if they can I'm sure they will try to help you. I would suggest giving them as much notice as possible.